It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Jordan, Author of the Wheel of Time has passed away. RIP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
digg.com...

I can't say much as I'm still depressed about this news. Please keep the comments respectful. I've already had my fill of "OMG no Book 12" on Digg...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
No worries. He left instructions with Hariet about what she's to do now. The books WILL be finished.

It's just so sad that we lost someone so gifted at storytelling. Perhaps though, now he can sit and have long conversations with Tolkien about some of the greatest stories on the planet.

As always, my deepest condolences go out to him and his family. You'll be missed RJ. REALLY MISSED!!!

TheBorg

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That's not my point. My point was that people are insensitive pricks on digg. lol I would actually prefer if they DO NOT release a half finished book. The series should be left as is IMO.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What a loss,

Thanks for sharing...

He was certainly one of the GREATS

Semper

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yeah, this is sad but not all that unexpected. Mr. Jordan has been ill for a long time. My cousin met him once, and Jordan told him that his wife would be able to finish the series for him if he was not able to, as she knew all the major stuff that was going to happen. She has apparently helped him out quite a bit, checking over his manuscripts and stuff like that.

Robert Jordan was one of my favourite authors. He will be sorely missed by his family and friends and his millions of fans like me.

In regards to the 'book 12', I agree with sardion that they shouldn't publish a half-finished book; that would be silly. They should either leave the series as-is, or his wife or a very good author on par with Jordan could step in to finish it. I'm sad that I may never know if my theories about the Last Battle and all that were right or not.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
But that's just the thing though; he has said in an interview that she would finish the story if he unexpectedly didn't get the chance to. Unfortunately, that's what has happened. She'll finish it, and it won't be a half-finished book either. She'll manage to get it done, with help from the rest of the family, as either his brother and/or his son are very involved in the process. I can't seem to remember which it is though, if not both.

Rest assured, the book WILL be finished. Same goes for the Prequels, I hope....

What's worse than all of this though is that he's gone. The books mean nothing to me, when compared to the quality of person that RJ was. He was someone that cared about people, which is why he did what he did.

As a personal aside, he died on my birthday, which made me extremely depressed. Not the best news to hear on a birthday.

Not by a long shot...

TheBorg

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Great one indeed..

This saddens me.. Just a moment of silence here...

RIP. Robert You will be missed!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Dang, I totally forgot about Jordan's plan for sequels. New Spring wasn't a bad book, but I think I liked the rest of the Wheel of Time better. Part of it was that I had already read the first 9 or 10 books, and so very little in New Spring was a surprise. I think it would have been more enjoyable if I hadn't read the rest of the series first, though.

I could live without prequels, but my life will be incomplete without book 12 :p

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ya, there was supposed to be one about Mat and Tuon 10 years after the Last Battle as well and one about Lan and Moiraine just before they enter the Two Rivers.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A very sad loss to the world of a fantasy and to the world period. This is George R.R. Martin's(A Song of Ice and Fire) post on his friend's recent passing.

grrm.livejournal.com...

The worst part of it all in that he was in the middle of writing his 12TH book. Hopefully after leaving this world he could experience the one he created.

Rest In Peace - much love and respect

- CPNJ

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Truly a great loss to the world, A great mind and a great writer. RIP - Mr. Jordan, your works have and will continue to be an inspiration to many.

top topics

join