It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who found America......Let give credit shalt we.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well the consensus these days and there is a lot of evidence to support this
and that is that Leif Erickson was the first explorer to stumble onto N. America.
Ive always found it funny though that history teaches us that Columbus discovered America, yet the country was named after another Italian, named Amerigo Van Spucci (may be spelled wrong)
Talking about confusion

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Back to the thread. Google "Heavener Runestone" or/and "Gloria Farely" to get another idea about how much exploration went on before Cristopher got here. It will certainly make you go "huh!'

[edit on 18-9-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Well the consensus these days and there is a lot of evidence to support this
and that is that Leif Erickson was the first explorer to stumble onto N. America.
Ive always found it funny though that history teaches us that Columbus discovered America, yet the country was named after another Italian, named Amerigo Van Spucci (may be spelled wrong)
Talking about confusion

I believe its Amerigo Vespucci......As far as I know Columbus only came to the "Americas"....Not the continental mass per say (*mainland) He merely came to the west indies.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Steff

I believe its Amerigo Vespucci...

Yea that sounds right to me.. been many years since I've studied some topics..

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Amerigo Vespuchi never set foot in America. He was a Map Maker and the continent aquired his name in error.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join