It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who found America......Let give credit shalt we.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If we disregard the Native Indians, who originally walked the Bering strait back in the days when it was solid mass and/or frozen tundra, which inheritably make us all communists (wink wink) then who found it?

SIDENOTE: Averybody of all nationalities from the very northen latitudes (i.e original indians, have very trademark faces.....high cheekbones, coppertone skine etc..... That goes for sames (Scandinavian aborigines, as well as people of Siberia.

We all knew Columbus found Shiet (quite frankly) The West Indies does not count...Thats like me saying I went to Hawaii and instead went to San Bernadino.

The Vikings did indeed find this country (i.e landmass)...Newfoundland I believe it was!

Just curious if any of you guys have any input on this?

Mod Edit: caps in title

[edit on 9/17/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ponce De leon?

Maybe the Knights Templar that left the Kensington Rune stone in MN?

As far as the Vikings what about the fins like the very old "Maine Penny" which was Norse? I believe there is a small but interesting list of other viking artifacts here.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by diedagaincraftsmen]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
What are you guys talking about? Columbus was the first person to find America
I know, as we've just spent the last week on it here in school in Atlanta.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

I think many people have come and gone before him, just that with him it became common knowledge.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Oooh, I'll take a guess, was it Leif Ericson?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

I think your history teacher is simply giving you the line he was taught in University.

I would suggest you do a bit more research and you will find that, North America at least was populated many years before Columbus got there

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Recent archaeological digs in Newfoundland show Viking-origin settlements dating to around the 10th or 11 th century. Leif Erikson founded a colony at a place now called L'ans Aux Meadows. He called it Vinland.

If your teacher told you Sheep went "moo", would you just believe him?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Actually, that teacher doesn't exist, and I live in Australia.
So no, I wouldn't believe him!
It's amusing to see people's reactions to ignorance.

Although Columbus was one of the first to bring the existence of the America's to the public eye back in Europe, he definitely wasn't the first to discover it.
I do know that at least.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Actually, that teacher doesn't exist, and I live in Australia.
So no, I wouldn't believe him!
It's amusing to see people's reactions to ignorance.

Although Columbus was one of the first to bring the existence of the America's to the public eye back in Europe, he definitely wasn't the first to discover it.
I do know that at least.

So your post was simply a troll then?

Wheres the Ignore button gone

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Chances are, a lot of indigenous sea-farers knew of the existence of this land mass as a matter of fact. Clearly, it was relatively easy to reach from East Asia and the North Sea, while a difficult and dangerous trip, was doable.

In short, I myself don't ascribe any "discovery" to any single explorer or group. I think the more important question is, who "exploited" this continent first?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
As for the specific events leading up to the founding of America, yes it began with Columbus's discovery and that is why the event is so significant in history.

But why try to put such a spin on what we're taught in school? I don't have any recollection of my history teachers ever once saying that Columbus was the first ever human being to learn about America; Of course the indigenous peoples were here first and I don't know of anyone that was ever taught differently in school.

I can skip out into the woods right now and find a nice quartz to put in my pocket, I can then say I discovered a really cool looking quartz... but obviously I'm not the first ever person on Earth to see one.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steff
If we disregard the Native Indians, who originally walked the Bering strait back in the days when it was solid mass and/or frozen tundra, which inheritably make us all communists (wink wink) then who found it?

SIDENOTE: Averybody of all nationalities from the very northen latitudes (i.e original indians, have very trademark faces.....high cheekbones, coppertone skine etc..... That goes for sames (Scandinavian aborigines, as well as people of Siberia.

You have already disregarded the theory of migration from Europe instead of from Asia. It has to do with old flint tools being similar that are found in France and Eastern parts of the USA. Not all stone tools are the same.

There is also some evidence that the Chinese knew of North and South America before Columbus. Interesting theories in this area also that have recently come to light.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Screw Colombus, the welsh found it first. Ever heard of Prince Madoc and the tribe of American Indians who were discovered speaking fluent welsh ?

Anyway before the Welsh were Phonecians who among other things returned to the Mediterranean and traded Cocaine and tobacco to the ancient Egyptians.

Ever heard of ancient stone tablets found in USA with Phonecian cunaic scripts on them ?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
yes it began with Columbus's discovery and that is why the event is so significant in history.

Columbus didn't 'discover' anything, the existence of this continent was treated as matter of fact within several groups on the planet. The boob actually thought he was landing in Asia. That 'discovering' thing is an archaic Euro-centric view that has been foisted onto generations of school children.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

The same one that teaches you that the United States is a democracy, and that FDR was the greatest president ever?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
eventually Columbus is the one who discovered the America of today.

Does not matter if the Chinese went to America first or not, because they obviously never influenced the course of the American history.

Doe not matter if the Vikings sailed to America first or not, because they obviously never influenced the course of the American history.

Only the discovery of Columbus was THE milestone for the American continents history. It was THE discovery who started off the genocide of Native Indians and the start of today´s Global Superpower....

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Original Americans (those before Columbus if Im reading you right) from my understanding all consist of mixing these groups of people together, slowly and throughout time -

Atlanteans/Poseidians (the root of the 'Red Race')
Lemurians (the root of the 'Brown Race')
Specific Lost Tribes of Israel
Phoenecians (themselves descendants of atlanteans)
The Chinese (Olmecs)
The Japanese
Various groups of Africans
Siberians
Norsemen
Various Pacific Islanders

a few portuguese, hindu, arabians as well, but not large enough to consist of 'noticible groups' as the above do.

You can easily do research for yourself along these lines that I have outlined above.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
Does not matter if the Chinese went to America first or not, because they obviously never influenced the course of the American history.

Gunpowder influenced the course of American history.
But I get what you mean.

Doe not matter if the Vikings sailed to America first or not, because they obviously never influenced the course of the American history.

They probably did influence it in some way or another, but like the Chinese, not directly.

Only the discovery of Columbus was THE milestone for the American continents history. It was THE discovery who started off the genocide of Native Indians and the start of today´s Global Superpower....

I would hate to call it genocide since it makes it sound like a centralized, intentional effort to kill off all the Natives. The Spanish were pretty harsh, though.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Columbus didn't 'discover' anything

Enter the former Iraqi Information Minister:
*Who is this Columbus you speak of, there is no Columbus! There never was any voyage, he never even had a sail much less a ship! Allah will roast the liar's stomach in Hell for these lies, if there were a Columbus which there is not and never was. Praise Allah!! And what is this America you speak of? There is no America to discover, how can you discover something that doesn't exist? I assure you there never was and is not now any America and if there was, we would slaughter the American dogs and watch them flee from us to suicide and hide from our wrath! Show me this America you speak of, there is no America.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Originally posted by Steff

If we disregard the Native Indians

Wow...just, wow.

Think Hitler said, "Maybe if we disregarded the
Jews".

Maybe.

I'm of Seminole descent.

YOU have the AUDACITY to disregard...wait,
DISREGARD my relatives ?

Why don't WE disregard YOUR relatives ?

Paints a different picture, does it not ?

Look in a mirror, sometime.
See the true evil.

No regards,
Lex

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join