It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can children sense spirits?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I believe that, like many things, the ability to sense things like spirits is something everyone has. It's just unlocking that ability that is the part that many seem to be unable to do.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero314

I have heard of this happening quite a bit, where young children see and hear things that we just dont. I think it may be the fact that children are so open to everything being so young, where as adults we have it in our head that it is not real, or we are just being stupid, maybe like a mental barrier?

Anyway, Does anyone have any thoughts / experiences with this? I Would love to compare. Cheers.

Like Pavlovs dogs adults are conditioned to fear the unknown. I do believe children are more receptive.

As a child I sensed things around me, particularly 2 energies, who I am now convinced are my children, but thats an entire thread of its own.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zero314

Children don't sense spirits. They are mostly just having hyper active imaginations running wild. I been through it myself when I was a child back then. Someone visited me one time when I was sick. Of course I don't believe it now. I must have been dreaming and then woke up while still dreaming.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I had a similar experience with a friends 3year old son i can remember it like it was only yesterday we where sat in her front room the coal fire was blazing in the fire place we where sat on the sofa's and her son was lay on the floor playing then next thing we new the room was freezing cold, then her son sat up and said hi baby goodbye baby, then the temperature went bk to what it was before.

Her little sister at the time was 6 and would not go in to the front room because she said there was something not right about it.

I did some research into the house and found out it was a 100 year old manor house that was turned into flats in 1990, some of the flat still had original features one of the flats that had them was the front room of my friends flat and the feature in there was the fire place and that in the early 1920's a 5 month old baby was found dead in front of the fire in a carry cot.

So to answer your question yes i do believe that young children can see, hear and feel things adults can't do to the fact that there minds are pure and open and they have not been influenced by society yet.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zero314

I am a 60yr old male. When I was a child something happened that is as
vivid in my mind to day as then, and alot easier to understand. My grandmother was on her death bed and talking to someone that no one in
the house could see. They thought she was out of her head being at deaths door.

The family was in the living room and I was standing on the couch with my
back against the back of the couch. I suddenly said what is Uncle Crockett
doing here. Someone looked at me and said no one is here. Well you know what I COULD SEE A MAN STANDING RIGHT THERE THAT LOOKED
LIKE MY UNCLE. Grand ma said that her son had come to take her home
, he had been killed in a copper mine accident years earlier. she was talking to someone no one could see but me.

Others kept telling me no one was there, I became upset. My father
picked me up carried me around the room comforting me. He finally opened the front door and walked out on the porch. I remember him
showing me the fresh snow on the ground and pointing out that Uncle
Crockett hadn't been there (he lived just up the road from us) for there
was no foot prints in the snow.

He entertained me and got my mind on something else and took me back
in the house. Nothing more was said about it that evening as I remember

When I got older I talked to my Dad about it.
Yes they had all felt his presence He was Dads closest brother and they
grew up together until his accidental death at 22 yrs.

That is the only spirit I ever saw, but when I was little my father traveled
alot and often took me with him. I car remember knowing what was coming up around the next curve. Although I had never been there before
I knew exactly what was around the curve. This happened for a short time
in my life. I thought everyone could do it. It was nothing unusual I thought and never discussed it with others for I felt everyone had that
ability.

As time went on I learned that didn't happen to others very often and they
usually never discussed it if it had.

When I was 50 I bought a nice old home built just before the civil war
I bought the house to complete a block I was buying up. We later moved
into the house (capital gains -- taxes)

I worked with a man who talked about a haunted house he lived in and I
would often tease him and tell him to get someone to run off the spirits.
I also had a business in town and one day he came in to the store and we
talked seriously about his place and the old man and little girl that was often seen in the house they were living in. I seriously said W'hy don't
you have the spirits run off.

I didn't know at the time I would be moving into a similiar place. I never
really believed my friend about the old man and girl.

Well when we moved in things started happening in the house, doors opening, closing right in front of our eyes. Hearing people walking upstairs on the hardwood floors (no carpet) Balls bouncing in the upstairs
foyer. Etc Etc. Well I became a believer. When my brother and sister
in law were visiting and she saw the spirit (a man) walk into her bedroom in the middle of the night I decided it was time to command the spirits to
leave the house in the name of Jesus Christ and that was the end of our
troubles in the house.

Hard to swallow these things.
Read this. We lived with god before we were born
He is our father.

4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

(Old Testament | Jeremiah 1:4 - 5)

We lived before coming to earth so things are not that hard to understand.
Familys are important so often the death of a good person is met with
a loved one who has already passed on.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to f u protestant
post by vincebaby

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Like the spirit of old threads?

I think it's one of the most widely accepted modern myths. It's rolled out and referred to as an accepted truth that doesn't require any critical thought. We've all been children. We were all 'babes in arms' to begin with and can accept that fact as a common shared experience.

Use your own experience and try and recall any memories of your childhood that involved spirits or ghosts. You probably don't remember seeing ghosts. I know I don't. Do you know anybody that does? Parents, grandparents, friends and relatives? I don't know of any with this recollection. Novels, autobiographies, interviews in magazines or on TV? Not much to support the idea.

It's one of those ideas that has been accepted on face-value without reference to our own experience.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join