It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush urges renewal of Patriot Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Boos and hisses erupted from one side of the audience last night during Bush's grandiose State of the Union address when he urged the renewal of the thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.3162.ENR: " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Patriot Act. "Key provisions of the act are set to expire next year," he said over the dissenting grumbling from his right.

CNET News.com "Enacted a month after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Patriot Act became a target of criticism for giving police broad powers and allegedly curbing civil liberties in the process." These statements are likely to be the the major battle of the 2004 campaign as every Democratic candidate has various levels of criticism for The Patriot Act. After the State of the Union speech, ABC News asked Kerry whether he would keep the law intact. Kerry replied in a safe understatement: "I think there are good parts to it and bad parts to it." More related links on this important topic for ATS members: frontpagemag.com... www.infoshop.org.../01/20/7050972 www.mercurynews.com... www.dailybruin.ucla.edu... www.intellectualconservative.com... www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hmm to me it has seemed like they haven't had to use any extra power the patriot act has granted them... So why need to renew it?

heill bush!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Um, what does steroids have to do with domestic issues? What the hell was that all about?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel Um, what does steroids have to do with domestic issues? What the hell was that all about?
I think he was trying to tell us that people who use and sell steroids are terrorists and can be nabbed and taken care of, only if the Patriot act is renewed.
[Edited on 21-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think you're right! and since baseball, basketball and football players are all supporting terrorism. We should have an amendment outlawing sports too while we are it.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Looks like G'dub finally went out on his own last night. It's obvious that Karl Rove prepared the first half of the speech but the second half was all G'dub and man that poor old boy sounded just liked Adolf Hitler with a brain tumor. You saw the real G'dub last night folks, and the scary thing is that he is a freak show.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I liked it when he was signing autographs for people on his way out.......the people where just giving him the papers like they didnt even care[why do congressmen want bush's autograph]..its all set up..just like the --70-- pauses for applause..its all propoganda...as long as they get the patriot act renewed and their "tax cuts" for themselves are kept...then it all has gone according to plan.

top topics

join