It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Lucid Dreams Another Reality?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have a theory that when we sleep our consciousness goes further into the metaphysical reality, however it is still grounded in the physical. The more into the metaphysical reality your consciousness is, the more weird and paranormal type experiences you will have. I haven't worked out a reason though as to why sometimes our consciousness moves further into the metaphysical some nights while less on other nights.

I have had uncanny realistic dreams before where i have been in an alternate reality similar to this one and only for a few seconds, being able to feel my body asleep and hanging on mentally to the other reality. I've only done this a couple of times but both times resulted in a sharp jolt back to this reality and were accompanied with a nose bleed.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn
I have a theory that when we sleep our consciousness goes further into the metaphysical reality, however it is still grounded in the physical. The more into the metaphysical reality your consciousness is, the more weird and paranormal type experiences you will have. I haven't worked out a reason though as to why sometimes our consciousness moves further into the metaphysical some nights while less on other nights.

I can't say I've had nose bleeds in my sleep before. But it's been mentioned here on an ATS thread (search didn't come up with anything) about a changing of consciencness that's about to happen (2012?) ETs are supposed to help us evolve into the 5th dimension? I can't remember where I read that actually. May be it was on a YouTube video here. Have you heard of that? Because if your theory would be correct, it would make sense that the closer we get to the "changing," the more we may evolve and have more lucid dreams as our mind and bodies change.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingdrakethe3rd
I know that I'm dreaming it's just that I don't control it, I allow the dream to continue on the course it wants to go on, whenever i attempt to control the actions of someone else in the dream, I lose the feeling that the dream is real.

This are the type of dreams I enjoy the most also.

Usually to take active controll in a dream is often a lot less exciting than 'relaxing' and enjoy the 'show' in all it's intense and in conciousness or even subconciousness that you can take controll if ever something goes the wrong way.

It's this knowledge and experinece that you take over from an active lucid dreaming phase that gives you a new view of dreams and and a safety that the usual dreams become a very great experience. Nightmares reduces drastical because you see dreams in a different light.

Yes I share that same experience that lucid dreams where you controll the dream in full are mostly less intense. If you take strong controll what you meet is often simple your creation or summon and that lacks in intense or reality and delivers no surpriseing element for you.

There however is a type of lucid dreams where you are active that seems to play in a different location that is not your creation. Often this 'locations' is filled/consists of an inner life-light that seems to be within all creation and life. Hmm sounds mystic if I descripe this. It's something you have to experience yourself. I learned later through a very intense such experience that overhelmed me with a joy love and light in an intense that I didn't knew before and let no space about questioning it's reality that this is what many call the astral planes.

I think that's where a lot confuesing is coming from. Dreams can be your creation(or someone elses) it can be reality(astral planes) and it can be mixed and you shift between this reality states often without really recognizeing this. Every thought can change your state and your location.

When I read about experiences of others I often have the impression that some astral travelers indeed are traveling in their own dream creations (dreams can be very real also!) whereas some lucid dreamers are traveling in the astral planes all the time without knowing it.

You can count me to the later. Before I had my own eye/heart opening experience in the astral plane I couldn't differ it and categorized all my experiences as lucid dreams over a long time.
Where I self was missguided all the time (and I know I am not the only one) was by the differentation of:

'if you detect or wonder if it is a dream then it's a dream and when you think it's the real thing (do not detect it as dream) than it's an astral travel'

This is the wrong differentiation. Everything that looked different to the wake reality I categorized as dream per se simple because I recogniced that it is different. The point is: astral planes are natural different than the wake reality. Check for an inner glow.

Also the second point that when you not detect it as a dream is wrong because this is always the condition you are in a normal dream before you become lucid.

That's what i can tell of my experiences of the 'dream world' so far.
Lastly the recognition of reality of something depends all on someones own experiences.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by g210b

I agree with you G21. My lucid dreams are so real to me. An example is I can look around where I'm standing in my dream, if there's a flower near by, I'll make a point to walk over to that flower and pluck one petal or leave from it and look at it. This might seem stupid, but it's such a rush to do the smallest conscience detailed things in a dream. It also gets you mind away from the "don't wake up" feeling. The first thing I will always try to do is look at my hands as soon as I realize I'm in a dream. Then I move on to "do" something else.

I'll have to read up on astral travel. I don't know much about that. I have heard that "things" also travel on the astral plane that you might not want to come in contact with. Scary stuff. Good post.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I can't lucid dream. If feels like the most illogical stuff is logical in my dream!

Also, Why is it that I run as slow as a astronaut in space in my dreams and the person I am running from run at normal speeds?

*Yawn* I'll try to lucid dream tonight and by tomorrow I'll test for reality and tell you if I consider it an alternate reality or not.

How can you be sure that the dream is not reality and being awake isn't the illusion?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I can't lucid dream. If feels like the most illogical stuff is logical in my dream!

It's a point of how much awarness/conciousness from 'here' you can bring over to 'there'. You need a certain level of wake-awarness that you can start to question your surroundings and compare it with the wake reality. What the people with reality check technic are doing I see as as a step to increase the awarness in dreams.

I never used that technic. I do reality checks after I become lucid to ensure I am in a dream sourrounding. Certain things for example jumping out through a window could be dangerous if you do that in wake reality.

What I however did to become lucid was focusing on my dreams. PAying attention on them in the morning and try to remember as much as possible best by writing them down. You increase dream vividity and awarness a lot. Then two things are helpfull: First is to have a target..become lucid because you want to experience the flying for example. Second selfsuggestion before you go to sleep. Say you want to become aware of that it is a dream and and you want to flying in this dream tonight whereas this is a very tricky thing because the suggestion especially if you connect it with a too strong desire can lead you to awake full instead into the dream.

Also, Why is it that I run as slow as a astronaut in space in my dreams and the person I am running from run at normal speeds?

I hesitate to interpred dreams of others because certain circumstances can only be known by you and any interpretation from outside can be very wrong because of missing information.
If this happens to me I usually take this as sign that I try to run away from a situation (can have real world roots but can also be a pure dream situation as well with no connection to your real world situation) that is not possible to avoid by running away and requires a search and action for a different 'solution'.
Dreams can come with a lession to learn. Changeing the action to change the outcome is then the target of that lession Whereas changeing an action can also mean change the action in a previous situation that lead to that situation in case of a recuring dream situation.

An example:
I read a book of one lucid dreamer (I can't remember the book title of the author) where he was in a recuring dream loop and in that he was in a small plane an had an emergency and he tried his best to bring the plane down in one piece but everything he tried lead to the same result: complete destruction. The solution then, and that's how he 'solved' it at the end: was not even to start in that condition. Sounds simple but often is not because you have to recognice how it came to that first.

*Yawn* I'll try to lucid dream tonight and by tomorrow I'll test for reality and tell you if I consider it an alternate reality or not.

How can you be sure that the dream is not reality and being awake isn't the illusion?

Within a dream it can be very difficult. You can awake within a dream and think you are really awoken and indeed are still dreaming. This is called false awakening. You can have even multiple false awakening. That's not always a pleasure experience. I mean you awake discover you are still dreaming awake again and you discover you are still dreaming.. :/

In a (false) awakening I usually compare almost automatical what I see with what I know is likely in wake reality. (a certain awarness pre condition). As soon as I have a sand of doubt I check for more anomalies and very fast discover than that I am dreaming and become full lucid.

So the difference is that things are different looking (the sourrounding isnt 100% equal) and working (for example a light switch doesnt always work or you can summon something in your hand you can fly you can walk through walls..you get it)
So you can differ the 2 world. Which one is real?

The dream world is rather open can be directly formed / influenced....the real world is hard unflexible. Also there is no false awakeing after the awakening in this reality. I guess thats what makes the difference in this 'realities'. But which is a 'dream' reality and which is a 'real' reality?

I believe there is a common shared reality in both and this are the astral planes because this is a source of light/homeness/love and energy you feel and sense and experience as real if you meet it and you will find in everything that 'exists' again. But that's just how far I came to see it based of my own experiences.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hi arpgme. In some of my ealier post's I list some sites that you can read on to help you have lucid dreams. Another one of the sites is a dream interpretaion site. Check them out, you might be surprised.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join