It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a connection between harlequin babies and reptilian DNA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
There is a video too graphic to be show on ATS of a newborn harlequin baby. Google video search harlequin ichthyosis if you really want to see it. Fair warning though the video is very disturbing, so make sure the kids aren't in the room. Also an image search reveals quite a few examples.

Harlequin ichthyosis is a genetic disorder. First medically documented in the 1700's. It causes the skin to become much like scales. The nose can be deformed to the point of no nose at all, just holes where they should be, and the same with the ears. All in all a child unfortunate enough to born with this horrible affliction does sport 'reptile like' features. If a humanoid reptilian species has interbred with the human species like some people claim, then perhaps something in the mix goes wrong from time to time. Can you imagine what happened to these babies in the Middle Ages? They were probably instantly burned as demons and the mothers were probably accused of 'sexual affairs with Satan'.

All that aside, I think it is within the realm of possibility. Many differing cultures have mythologies alluding to the idea some other species interbred with humanity, including the Christian Bible in Gen. 6:4 (it speaks of the Nephilim who came unto the daughters of men and had children who became
men of renown and heros of old) Now whether or not these 'nephilim' were reptiles or not is entirely speculative. But it seem that a long time ago something interbred with humanity.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Viszet Oki]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How many points or whatever does it take to be taken seriously? Somebody thinks aliens are creating gravity, and that thread makes it to the hot topic top four. I'm starting to feel pretty lonely out here in vast expanse of cyber-space..

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Viszet Oki

Don't feel lonely. I am not sure what makes a conversation good or bad. You gotta just keep getting involved.

Very interesting idea. I am not sure if the two are related or not. I am not sure it would be as cut and dried as that either. I personally think the 'reptillian' bloodline thing is more metaphoric. But it is odd that Our Current President can trace his lineage to Vlad the Impaler, the Pharohs of Egypt, and even the current Queen of England.

Makes one wonder.
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I tried starting this thread before under the topic 'Video of reptilian baby'. It had 43 replies before being sent to trash for being "knowingly false or misleading," also the mods thought the video link was too graphic (it was pretty disturbing). I did not get to read what people had to say about it. If anybody reading this posted anything in the other thread, before it was deleted; I would be delighted to know what your input was.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I think there is some psychology involved in the label of the topic. My original post was getting quite a response until it was deleted. Now it seems nobody could give a... Well anyway, so much for striking up an intelligent conversation.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I did see the video and yes, it is disturbing. I can't imagine what would become of a child like this, what their life would be like.

I am not a big believer in the reptilian DNA theories, but I can certainly see that perhaps this disease would fuel the speculation.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm not really a big believer either, but I cannot rule it out entirely. There are so many things going on that nobody could even imagine... Out of the 159 people who have looked at this post, I would have thought more people would have at least made some comment. Being fairly new to the community, I would like to gather a general consensus on peoples thoughts to whether or not the reptilian thing is real or a complete fabrication.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tadarida
I did see the video and yes, it is disturbing. I can't imagine what would become of a child like this, what their life would be like.

Fortunately (...) they usually die within a few days of birth. Most of them are stillborn though.

I am not a big believer in the reptilian DNA theories, but I can certainly see that perhaps this disease would fuel the speculation.

I can see that too, but IMO what people are starting to take for granted on ATS is becomming pretty hilarious...

Originally posted by Viszet Oki
I'm not really a big believer either, but I cannot rule it out entirely. There are so many things going on that nobody could even imagine... Out of the 159 people who have looked at this post, I would have thought more people would have at least made some comment. Being fairly new to the community, I would like to gather a general consensus on peoples thoughts to whether or not the reptilian thing is real or a complete fabrication.

Many people believe in the reptilians, but taking a known disease and fabricating a connection is a bit far fetched. Other than having a tough skin, there are absolutely no connection to anything reptilian related. And on top of that, all known cases die within a few days, so should'nt that close the case? I guess you could go on and say something about them have to being fostered in the claws of a reptilian to survive, but really..

Deny ignorance, but not commen sense IMHO.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Viszet Oki

Viszet Oky,
with the google cache you'd manage to recover the first page of your thread in order to read at least the first comments.
About this topic: i googled many images of this disease, and i've seen that the deformations caused by HS takes place in many different ways:
some of them looks totally different from the ones of the video.
Also, if your hypothesis is based only on the phisical look of the baby of the video, IMHO you should to take a look at each one of them.
I can tell you my opinion: this is a disease, a rare one, a BAD one, a still not totally explained one, as many rare diseases:

I think you should take a look here too:
rarediseases.info.nih.gov...

plenty of rare disease there, many of them unexplained, many of them "more extraterrestrial" than this one, by some points of view.

What i wish to know is: are there other clues than the look of the baby?
If the answer is "No", then the answer should be "No" to the question of the topic too, IMHO.

[edit on 17/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

Actually there are a few cases where the victim survives even to this day. One person went on to be a special Olympics medalist or something like that. They have to keep large amounts of moisturizer on their skin to keep it soft and flexible. Also there is massive amounts of 'shedding' involved. One of the caused of the babies dying is the skin becomes so thick and hard, it restricts breathing. Much like scales. My point is it's a genetic anomaly. Bad things can happen when DNA is tampered with.
Also, I'm not the one who 'fabricated' the connection. I saw the video on YouTube which claimed it to a reptilian baby. I little bit of research and I discovered the disease. But it did open the door for speculation IMO.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Viszet Oki]

new topics

top topics

join