It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France says it must prepare for possible war with Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Just five out of ten?
That's half credit,
not really to good.
When you look at it as we are supposed to be denying ignorance you know.

LMFAO

I'm sorry, 10/10 for an excellent reply

Now back to topic..

France could be stepping in due to political tension in the UK, thus meaning we might be able to join in any military strike. Maybe France is taking over our place? Never know.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

True you never really know what might be brewing. I really don't think we will see France making a military strike though. The last time I can remember that happening is in Lebanon.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I believe in those options in this order:

I sure do hope that iran is really a threat and consensus-reality is what the media says it is. But I am willing to consider the other stuff to. I hardly believe that iranian-leadership are the "good guys" though, as many conspiracy-theorists claim. If you really think they are the good guys, go live under their rule. you will be back in no time.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
True you never really know what might be brewing. I really don't think we will see France making a military strike though. The last time I can remember that happening is in Lebanon.

No,
they struck the Côte d'Ivoire about a year or two ago. The French are in Afghanistan and took part in the Kosovo War too.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Aside from a bluff. france may be simply indicating a shift in how they want to deal with it. Alot of Time was spent by France and the UK et al. trying to resolve the situation and it seemingly has gotten nowhere, so this is the next logical step. Also they have had a change in administration as well.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Al Qaeda of Europe says he is Zionist.

www.expatica.com...

Al-Qaeda group threatens attacks in France

DUBAI, May 15, 2007 (AFP) - An Al-Qaeda front group in Europe threatened on Tuesday to launch bloody attacks in France in response to the election of "crusader and Zionist" Nicolas Sarkozy as president. "As you have chosen the crusader and Zionist Sarkozy as a leader ... we in the Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades warn you that the coming days will see a bloody jihadist campaign ... in the capital of Sarkozy," the group's "Europe division" said in an Internet statement addressed to the French people.

The campaign will be "against all those who allow themselves to follow the policy" of the US administration, said the statement whose authenticity could not verified.

As President Sarkozy is the administrator and his people are the Administration of France. And Sarkozy is a Zionist. What is to debate?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Zionism is not a religion. It is a political ideology with religious roots. Many of those Christians in your list are Zionist and many of the Jews are not.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I really like this new French leader. He is so much better than the crooked backstabbing Chriac. France has always had the U.S.s back as far as the military leadership and Intel services go. For example after the gulf war the Foreign Legion gave Gen. Schwartzkopf a card with a phone number that said if you get in trouble anywhere in the world call this number and we will come and get you out. I thought that was a nice show of gratitude and respect from warrior to warrior. The Intel services work with us on a daily basis to fight terrorism.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
People really underestimate all the French forces and their "Force de Frappe"![nuclear forces] and the eventual use of it..Like said before they obliterated the air force of Ivory Coast in a couple of hours, some years back..
Chirac already adopted a new Doctrine last year considering the use of nuclear weapons

www.globalresearch.ca...

Sarkozy's doctrine isnt going to be different, I think this man is going to pursue a more active foreign policy, more masculine then his predecessors.

p.s looking forward to this Dassault nEUROn project..

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Here we have two sides.

One is in the process of developing nuclear power generators for its people because it understands it will be low on oil in the near future.
The other side wants war because of this.

I understand their fear that Iran may be developing Nuclear Weapons, however, it's pretty hypocritical considering the amount of weapons Nato countries possess and brag about possessing.

As far as I'm concerned, let Iran enrich the Uranium. They need those nuclear reactors.

If you take a step back, it looks more like Nato simply wants the Iranian people to be powerless.

Yet again, I fear Nato countries will engage a country who neither has, nor intends to obtain WMDs.

Basically, I'm expecting another Iraq fiasco all over again.

Iran is a democratic nation. They are already free. They want whats best for their citizens, and they are willing to stand up to more powerful nations to give it to them.

I say, the rest of the world should just back off.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I was just about to post on another thread, and it suddenly was moved to the trash bin and I was given the "You are not permitted to access this thread"...

anyhow, this thread also touches on the same topic so here goes.

>>Excerpt from news source.
Senior officials believe Mr Bush's inner circle has decided he does not want to leave office without first ensuring that Iran is not capable of developing a nuclear weapon.

News Source

It seems that the United States is also preparing for a war with Iran.
The news article above outlines how analysts believe the scenario to be carried out.

Looks like Bush may be considering using his ability to invoke martial law to ensure he's still around to carry out the war.

I really hope not, but we may just be seeing yet another reason to try our leaders in an international court of war for crimes against humanity.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
I'm America, what wars have the French won since then, WITHOUT OUR HELP!

I think the other poster was making the point that without French assistance and Involvement in our own Revolutionary War, we would still be subjects of the British Crown.

Please show some gratitude for other nations assistance to our country. France, Canada, Australia and the UK for that matter, have been some of our staunchest allies through good times and bad. I don't mean to leave other nations out either. Having friends is sure better than having enemies.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It's a good sign to see France is getting a wee-bit more voiceful toward support for Countries seriously concerned about the direction Iran's headed regarding it's nuclear ambitions.
Mentioning War as an option is something I've not heard out of France for quite some time, if at all during my lifetime.

Dallas

Reuters piece re Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner's comments
today.reuters.com...

Edit: add: U.S. urges Turkey to take key policy steps
www.turkishdailynews.com.tr...

Came across this moments ago, seems the US wantsTurkey to stop purchasing oil from Iran.

"Now is not the time for business as usual with Iran," Burns said. Earlier, U.S. officials warned that Turkey might be subject to U.S. sanctions if its planned natural gas cooperation with Iran progressed...

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well I am not sure I want to enter into the banter and the batting back and forth of facts and so on.

however we as Americans do have a large amount of thanks to give to France for our independence as was stated already, forget about the french surrenders and all that crap it was WWII and sometimes you have to do what you don't want to do for the good of the people on the whole..

France as was stated earlier does have some very effective forces as does every nations out there some of the most effective we will never hear about.

All that being said I believe there are two kinds of natural leaders Lovers and fighters, for years the French have elected lovers (or politicians) who chose to address foreign policy without aggressive means or intent.

In this last election the French voted in to place a man who is much more aggressive in policy both foreign and domestic

We can throw around rhetoric for years like some of the other forums or we can sit back and wait to see how this guy performs I prefer the latter
from an American standpoint I think he will be an effective leader
so I welcome the new era ahead for France.

Vive La France
and
Long live the USA

Later Geo

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I'm not at all for war, but Iran seems to almost asking for it. Is all they have to do is comply with monitoring and such (as I recall).

I think it's naive to think that Iran does not have ambitions to build a nuclear weapon. They know if they do they will seriously change the world political landscape and I believe that their president is crazy enough to use one too...

The problem is that if if we go to war with Iran it could have very far reaching consequences...much more than Iraq...

[edit on 16-9-2007 by CaliGuy]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Aside from a bluff. france may be simply indicating a shift in how they want to deal with it. Alot of Time was spent by France and the UK et al. trying to resolve the situation and it seemingly has gotten nowhere, so this is the next logical step. Also they have had a change in administration as well.

Sorry FredT but this is no shift in French policy.

France has been warning about Iran's intentions since February 2006, long before the recent French elections.

WIKINEWS France says Iran's nuclear program is a "military cover"

www.cnn.com...

The problem is so many Americans have a totally US centred view on world affairs. Someone commented earlier that France is coming on the US side now... That's rubbish. You guys dumped on France for not going into Iraq.

France has an independent view of the world. It lends credibility to concerns over Iran that France is now publicly talking war with Iran. Nobody can call France a puppet of the US. They have been talking this way for 18 months now. You guys haven't been listening.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by sy.gunson]

[edit on 16-9-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Was it not France who had Muslims killing at random within the last year? Rioting, rape, execution style killing. Maybe it is a matter of finally stating, this is our country, we want stability and the ability to live and not walk around scared, so maybe it is time to take action. There is a long, long history in France and Spain going back to the crusades, it is interesting reading.

France, in this day and age, stating that they should prepare for war is a hairbringer of what is to come. Turkey has amassed the troops, IAF took out a Syrian threat and no rebuttal. It is time.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
I'm America, what wars have the French won since then, WITHOUT OUR HELP!

well then im sure you way over 150kgs and drive a SUV

wow stereotypical thinking

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I hate the way people bash France. Having an attitude toward France or the French based on your grandparent's grumblings about France's performance in WII is bad enough, but to sit there and spit out that kind of stuff is just pathetic. We want to encourage cooperation and tolerance with other people of other countries, ESPECIALLY right now. Do try to remember that the things you say will either bring positivity or negativity to those who hear them, and I really don't think those kinds of remarks are going to put smiles on people's faces.

That said,

I wouldn't panic about something like this either. I agree with the notion that it's just a pressure technique, and is nothing more than political positioning. The US has been consistently discussing and drawing up plans for war in Iran for over a year now, other countries know this, and so (assuming no secret world government) it's possible the other countries want to pressure Tehran a little more because they know the US will saddle up and bust in guns blazing soon enough anyway. Or, more probably, France recognizes that Iran should not have nuclear capability, regardless of it's stated intentions.

As far as my opinions of Iran...

I haven't done any research, so I'm basically given the same biased bs that all Americans are given, but I do understand that the people there are not all religious fanatics, and many are not fond of the current leader, and that there has been a lot of protesting/riots there at various times for various reasons. The problem is, the leaders there stink and cannot be trusted, so if the international community permits the nuclear activities, and suddenly we get nuked by some radical group, then we have to go through the mess of trying to prove that Iran supplied the nuke or sold it to them, and then we have the mess of dealing with assigning Iran responsibility for a nuclear attack by proxy.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sounds to me like France is getting ready for this thing because they know damned well that anyone who doesn't fall in-line with Corporate America's Interests will suffer an economic spanking.

Then again, with the way the US economy is spiraling, maybe they shouldn't worry.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join