It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France says it must prepare for possible war with Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

France says it must prepare for possible war with Iran

news.yahoo.com

PARIS (Reuters) - French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner said on Sunday his country must prepare for the possibility of war against Iran over its nuclear program, but he did not believe any such action was imminent.

Seeking to ratchet up the pressure on Iran, Kouchner also told RTL radio and LCI television that the world's major powers should use further sanctions to show they were serious about stopping Tehran getting atom bombs, and said France had asked French firms not to bid for..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
THe FM said such action was not imminent and it may be a bluff to increase the pressure on Iran, but I doubt it. Iran knows the power possesing the bomb will bring them and if they can pull it off they would basically become the preiminent ME state. It also would force Isreal to arm up 9which of cource we would pay for). If the isrealis of the US takes any sort of action after that point, who knows where the bomb would go off.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If france comes to our side this time I will resume eating french fries!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keebie
If france comes to our side this time I will resume eating french fries!

well you do you eat fries already?
unless of course you eat the fries from a US liberated french fries factory invaded and freed by US special forces

on Topic
France is just calling this bluff as they know any action against Iran would Unite the people even more.
guess no one likes to learn from history

[edit on 16-9-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If France is preparing for war, then it must be very bad. All they know how to do is surrender. Others win for them, then they claim victory because the battle happened on their territory.

France just needs to keep making cheese and wine and let the real powers of the world fight.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
If France is preparing for war, then it must be very bad. All they know how to do is surrender. Others win for them, then they claim victory because the battle happened on their territory.

Stereotyping isn't a good thing?

Are you American? If so, you wouldn't of been independent if it wasn't for French help.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
After pouting because my mouse button was stuck and didn't post mine 8 minutes earlier....

I was thinking... Why wouldn't Bush, Germany, France, Israel, and whomever else suggest that Iran join the US led nuclear energy initiative instead of threatening war?

It called for the "the expansion of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes worldwide in a safe and secure manner.

GNEP seeks to help states get nuclear fuel, such as uranium, so they do not produce it themselves."
source

Peaceful means is their objective, right?

[edit to add]

Joining GNEP does not entail obligations, such as giving up the right to enrich uranium, the US energy secretary said.

How contradictory is this? It's ok, but it's not? Which is it? "Ah, hell... let's just blow something up."

[edit on 9/16/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm America, what wars have the French won since then, WITHOUT OUR HELP!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The people of France should have known this would happen when they were voting for a Zionist administration. The last one kept France out of Iraq but the new one will send their boys off to die for Israel.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
The people of France should have known this would happen when they were voting for a Zionist administration. The last one kept France out of Iraq but the new one will send their boys off to die for Israel.

Please explain to me..

What is a "Zionist administration"

after all, you claim France to be one so I think you should justify your statement.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
common now,
France is just using the Iran nuclear processing as a 'foot-in-the-door'...

see the French finally woke up to the fact that the continually growing
Muslim population in the country is changing the social-political landscape
of the old France...
Muslims who do not share the Gauls & French values & world-views
will soon become a more than significant portion of their nation...
voting control & possibly letting Sharia Law creep into the French
government.

By spearheading against 'Iran', the residual fallout will involve actions to
constrict Muslims in general from gaining more voice & power to direct the course of the French government....

that is what's called 'pulling back the curtain'.
but other's will say this reasoning is bigotry based, and un-democratic

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
constrict Muslims in general from gaining more voice & power to direct the course of the French government....

I was just thinking the same thing.
The French Republic is a secular state via its constitution, it fears religion in public life.

To be fair, I don't blame the French really. It's a secular nation.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Please explain to me..

What is a "Zionist administration"

Zionist is a term that is thrown around a lot here on ATS. The short answer is it is some one who favors the state of Isreal. But here is a better more in dept answer.
zionsim

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Zionist is a term that is thrown around a lot here on ATS. The short answer is it is some one who favors the state of Isreal. But here is a better more in dept answer.
zionsim

Yeah, I know what it is.

But it's a question I ask to everyone who throws around the word "Zionism" on ATS

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

St Udio,
I can't really say your reasoning is wrong, I am just not ready to agree with your idea yet. Just in case any one else whats to comment on your reasoning here is a little more information on the religion break down of France.

Roman Catholic 83%-88%, Protestant 2%, Jewish 1%, Muslim 5%-10%, unaffiliated 4%
overseas departments: Roman Catholic, Protestant, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, pagan world fact book

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

But it's a question I ask to everyone who throws around the word "Zionism" on ATS

ohhh ok so I just walked right into your trap.
So tell me did I pass your test?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
ohhh ok so I just walked right into your trap.

I wouldn't say trap, that makes me sound like someone from scooby doo!

So tell me did I pass your test?

5/10. Got the bare bones right.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
so, after all the anti-french, anti-american, anti-muslim and anti-jewish junk is spewed out of some immature minds, whats left? maybe an open mind to do some real research and inquiry into whats going on, who is orchestrating what, which "side" is actually the "bad guys". Three probable scenarios:

1. The iranian leadership as really become a threat to the world and must be dealt with.

2. The sinister and secret "NWO" is closing in and most get rid of one of its last enemies...iran.
3. The sinister and secret "NWO" already has both sides, iran and the west, as puppets to orchestrate a war.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Skyfloating]

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Just five out of ten?
That's half credit,
not really to good.
When you look at it as we are supposed to be denying ignorance you know.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

3. The sinister and secret "NWO" already has both sides, iran and the west, as puppets to orchestrate a war.

Good ideas Sky,
being the cynical person I am I will have to go with number three for now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join