It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you expect from your local Library?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hey guys, I was appointed to the Library Board Committee recently in my town and I was given the task to find out what people my age (I'm 21) expect from their library. The members of the board view me as a progressive type of person and I really want to shed some light on the view that my generation has.

I have given them some ideas, but I would really like to hear from you guys. Everyone is welcome, mainly due to the fact that this entire community is very progessive in terms of thoughts and ideas. So feel free to throw in some ideas that you think would enhance your experience.

I'm trying to eventually get onto the City Council so I want to be able to wow these guys as much as possible. The Mayor of my city started off on the same board I'm on, so I feel like I have started stepping in the right direction.

-Droops

[edit on 16-9-2007 by DrOOpieS]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My wife is clerk at a library. When I was a kid, everyone at the library was a librarian. Now the librarian is just 1 person over 8 different branches, every one else is a clerk or page.

I'd recommend a pay raise for the staff.

Seriously, I'd look at the magazines they subscribe to and see if there is an on-line alternative. Saves paper, looks green. Not everyone is happy with reading magazine articles online, some people just want to feel the paper.

new topics

join