It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis 'Blew Apart Syrian Nuclear Cache'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Israelis 'blew apart Syrian nuclear cache'

www.timesonline.co.uk

“We’ve known for a long time that Syria has deadly chemical warheads on its Scuds, but Israel can’t live with a nuclear warhead.”

An expert on the Middle East, who has spoken to Israeli participants in the raid, told yesterday’s Washington Post that the timing of the raid on September 6 appeared to be linked to the arrival three days earlier of a ship carrying North Korean material labelled as cement but suspected of concealing nuclear equipment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jihadwatch.org
article.wn.com

[edit on 16/9/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, sounds like the Israeli bombing was because they "suspected" Syria to be hiding nuclear equipment at that location.

Does Israel have the right to bomb its neighbor if they "suspect" that their neighbor (who doesn't like them) is acquiring nuclear weapons?

Something DOES sound suspicious here though.

Syria said that their air defenses engaged the Israeli planes, and that while fleeing they dropped their external fuel tanks in order to escape. Israel claims it was a successful raid on a nuclear equipment depot. So Syria, when they first commented on the Israeli attack, didn't even mention any facilities being bombed.

If another country crosses your border and bombs a facility of yours, wouldn't you be telling the world EXACTLY what happened, instead Syria has been unusually quiet on the subject it appears.

Are they trying to keep a secret, that they HAD nuclear equipment/devices?

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/9/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
So Syria, when they first commented on the Israeli attack, didn't even mention any facilities being bombed.

If another country crosses your border and bombs a facility of yours, wouldn't you be telling the world EXACTLY what happened, instead Syria has been unusually quiet on the subject it appears. Are they trying to keep a secret, that they HAD nuclear equipment/devices?

This was my first thought. The pieces finally seem to drop into place. We all know how much Syria would whine and moan and threaten if it was a barracks or any target they could tell the world about.

Syria's silence is damning.

Iran, hope you were paying attention.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yep. Syria's silence on the matter is the most damning piece of evidence yet that they were doing something they shouldnt have been. Otherwise they would still be crying to the UN and whoever else would listen. Even their "big/strong" ally Iran has stayed quiet on this one. .

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Syria like Israel do not have modern weapons at their disposal thanks to the US.

They may be silence but retaliation will come nerveless, no with air raids or incursions but with the only way that they are good at.

We will know when its all over the news, unless this nothing more than a cowardly attack to get Iran to come to the rescue.

It seems that in the middle east Arabs are all expendable.
when it comes to Israel and what it wants.

BTW UN does listen to Syria's and Lebanon's complain, now Israel listens to nobody.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Here is the Syrian ambassadors explanation of this Syrian ambassador says this is not how it went down

This is interesting and I will keep an eye and ear out to see how this actually turns out. I would love to know where Israel got there information to say this was a nuclear cache

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaostheoryd
I would love to know where Israel got there information to say this was a nuclear cache

lol
Countries have intel agencies for a reason

And I agree with everyone else about Syria's silence (and North Korea's).

The ambassador's explanation is hilarious. "Nothing to see here, move along"

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The first thing to look for would be evidence. Like RADIATION.

Or satellite images. Certainly someone has intelligence on the supposed site.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by chaostheoryd
I would love to know where Israel got there information to say this was a nuclear cache

lol
Countries have intel agencies for a reason

And I agree with everyone else about Syria's silence (and North Korea's).

The ambassador's explanation is hilarious. "Nothing to see here, move along"

They have intel agencies alright... how intelligent they are remains to be seen... we all know the US intelligence agencies turned out to be a laughing stock.

Syria's silence may not have been silence at all. Many times when a country responds, if the response isn't desirable, they may simply not tell the world the country responded to them at all.

Take Iran for instance. During the beginning of the war in Iraq, Iran offered it's assistance on many occasions. However, I have yet to hear the US media acknowledge the fact. But a quick glance at any other news source at the time would tell you a totally different story.

For all we know Syria could have been giving their response loud and clear.

Now for the truth.
We must demand Israel give evidence that there were in fact nuclear weapons... or be willing to stand trial for needlessly attacking a neighbor country.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Syria like Israel do not have modern weapons at their disposal thanks to the US.

Umm why do you think that? As a matter of fact Israel are big customers to the US and i can assure you that there eqipment is more modern than any of the countries surrounding it! They also have around 300 nuclear warheads themselves.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by onthefence81]

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 16/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I totally agree with you. As a supporter of Israel , I stand up for her but I feel she has to show us the proof . But of course who are we as a people to know these things that are secret? It's all cool , maybe Israel or Syria will leak a video or something down the road on liveleak or something.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
onthefence81

You misunderstood, I said Syria doesn't have modern weapons like Israel that have the back up of the US.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
No, Syria has weapons from the great Russia who makes better weapons than anyone else on the planet. Thats where that awesome new air defense system Syria used to "drive away" the Israeli planes came from so they should be okay right?

[edit on 16-9-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
For all we know Syria could have been giving their response loud and clear.

Nope. Check around for yourself.

Now for the truth.
We must demand Israel give evidence that there were in fact nuclear weapons... or be willing to stand trial for needlessly attacking a neighbor country.

Define "we."
The silence from the international community and the PTB means they have been shown or have the evidence they need. We commoners....well.....we just have to wait until something is leaked. Demanding to see things that have to deal with national security of all countries involved is like demanding it remains sunny and 72 degrees for as long as the earth exists. Just not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I find it interesting to note that Syria was misled by Russian intelligence in their defensive posturing leading up to the Israeli airstrike.

from the article presented by the op
Sergei Kirpichenko, the Russian ambassador to Syria, warned President Bashar al-Assad last month that Israel was planning an attack, but suggested the target was the Golan Heights.

What did the Russians really know?

Did they intentionally provide misleading information concerning Israel's intentions?

Maybe they don't want North Korean nukes in the ME either.

If everybody's glowing with fallout, there won't be anyone left to buy their conventional arms.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I must say that so many people here are so gullbile its not even funny

syria have responded - but becuase fox news didn`t report it - they must have kept silent - which apparantly is `damning`

Israel have said they bombed a nuclear installation - yet provide no proof at all - but it must be the truth.

deny ignorance is the moto of this website - alot of people need to sit back and take that flag from infront of there eyes.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Ever since those convoys of trucks from Iraq were heading to Syria when the COALITION was invading, I've been wondering when Syria was going to be in the news again! Its almost as if our attention was intentionally diverted to Iraq and Iran. There was that short attention on Libya when Qadafi decided that after watching Saddam wet himself, he'd probably better open his books to the international community and halted his WMD projects. Syria has been ignored by the media.
All I can say is............its about time we pay attention again!

(darn typos!)

[edit on 17-9-2007 by CreeWolf]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
I must say that so many people here are so gullbile its not even funny

syria have responded - but becuase fox news didn`t report it - they must have kept silent - which apparantly is `damning`

Exactly. All you had to do was look. The Murdoch controlled main stream media wouldn't serve it to you on a plate. What? Too lazy to look for it? Fine, here you go:

Syria denies nuclear cooperation with DPRK

DAMASCUS, Sept. 16 (Xinhua) -- An official Syrian media denied on Sunday reports that Syria was cooperating with Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on a nuclear facility, saying those "were Israeli media fabrications."

The government-run Damascus Radio made the denial in a commentary, referring to reports on the recent violation of its airspace by Israeli warplanes, which said they were targeting a clandestine nuclear installation, partially manned by DPRK's experts.

The U.S. administration and the whole world know that Syria does not have nuclear technology and that it has been among states calling for clearing the region of weapons of mass destruction, the commentary said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And on a related note:

Report: SKorea's dismisses possible nuclear cooperation between NKorea and Syria

SEOUL, South Korea: South Korea's foreign minister dismissed allegations that North Korea was cooperating with Syria on a nuclear weapons program, a news report said Monday.

"Now, no one is talking about the suspicions regarding North Korea and Syria with a clear basis," Yonhap news agency quoted South Korean Foreign Minister Song Min-soon as telling reporters. The Foreign Ministry said it could not immediately confirm the report.

His comments came amid suspicions North Korea is possibly cooperating with Syria on a nuclear facility, which arose after an alleged Israeli air raid earlier this month on unknown Syrian targets.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What's that? South Korea is dismissing these allegations? How about that? A staunch US ally dismissing those accusations. It'll probably be buried.

Here's another links. Click on it and read it. I'm sorry I couldn't provide a video for you

N. Korea-Syria nuke transfer questioned

Pay attention to other things besides your idiot box. Read!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Exactly. All you had to do was look. The Murdoch controlled main stream media wouldn't serve it to you on a plate. What? Too lazy to look for it?

No, you are off. Syria's guilt would explain why Syria wasnt complaining as much as they should have been BEFORE the story of a possible nuke base strike. Hearing what we want to hear or just "too lazy" to properly read the posts?

What's that? South Korea is dismissing these allegations? How about that? A staunch US ally dismissing those accusations. It'll probably be buried.

A: They are not a "staunch ally." Although we have troops there and South Korea is listed as an official major non-NATO ally, relations have been strained over the last few years. There is a growing movement to unite the Koreas, mainly from the youth who don’t remember the bad years.

B: What in the world would South Korea know what the North is doing with their nukes? Here, I'll help you out: NOTHING.

BTW: is it your stance that Israel just hates cement? If not, then why do you think they bombed that shipment?

And if the Koreans and Syrians are telling the truth then don’t you think Syria could find a cement supplier that isn’t halfway around the world? Kind of like those $100,000 toilet seats the U.S. purchases every now and then?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Syria ARE complaining - but because you don`t see it on fox news doesn`t mean its not happening - i do believe they have gone to the UN about the intrusion and illegal bombing on there country.

south korea ARE a staunch ally of the US - there is nothing strained about the relationship to think otherwise , especially with 37,000 US troops there would ne naive.

stop being so blinded by the flag and deafened by the pledge that you cannot see or hear the truth which is right before you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join