It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy Terror attack that would shut down the U.S?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Looking at this from another perspective, you would not even need to do anything. Simply start the rumor of --dust--poison--chemicals--sabotage in food,water,drinks, whatever. The right words at the right place, to the right people and it would be possible to totally shut down a building, airport, hotel, city etc. >Just look at some of the things that happen every day IE "Flight diverted becuause of dust in bathroom" --Turns out it was toliet paper dust
MSNBC News article

This may sound simplified to you, but a rumor could and probably would cause more havoc, than an attack.

It may not have a long lasting effect, but lately you have to admit, we have become very guillible at times when the rumors start rolling.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

I believe a rumor could be good,but if it was bad enough to get poeple to panic,then surely the news would be all over it and debunk it.The goverment would quickly prove it false in order to calm poeple down.You may get a day or two of some kind of panic.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

Nah, die hard 3 isn't worth watching. The first and second are good, the forth is o.k. the third, well lets just forget it ever happened. Anyway, sorry for the subject change! I won't mention die hard films again!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
For the scenario discussed to happen there needs to be an organized network of terrorists. Since this has not happened it may mean that there are no organized networks of terrorists. They may have suicide-bombed themselves away. Yay! No more fear. The fear was much worse than the actual terrorism.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

But that is my point, you can create chaos without any actual use of force, create it big enough, and even though it would be debunked, recovering from the 1-2 days of panic, would create the sought after effect.
IE are you aware of the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide?

see link
Dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide
Silly example perhaps but it worked...

Anyway, IMO "mental terrorism" can cause more havoc than the actual attack (unless in a grand scale of course)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I would tend to agree that Mental Terrorism is worse than actual terrorism. People are ruled by fear, just look at the stock market for a good example on fear. However, 1st you have to cause reason for this fear. If you are just going for fear, you only take out one school, but, if you want annihilation, you send your teams out because you'd still get the fear effect and you get more death and destruction out of it. And if you wanted some easier than DHMO, you could just make Mustard Gas and that would work out just as well, maybe even better.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This would be both mental and physical.If you dont think every child being killed in 20 different schools would be a mind f%^# then I don't know what would be.

The only thing I don't like about striclty the head games is the goverment would disporve it faster than you can say uh oh.They would not let the nation go into panic over nothing.

The only way I see that working is if the U.S. played along with the fake fear,wich I would not put past them at this point in time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join