It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy Terror attack that would shut down the U.S?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Bahhh! I dislike like posts like these. I know you said that

So for the record incase I need it in court someday.heh.. I in no way plan to act out this idea,I'm simply trying to raise awareness.
But I just don't like people openly talking about things like this. You never know what nut is reading / writing this and will take it to the next level. If you make a thread on this crap and someone comes here and reads it and follows through with it I'm sure you would feel pretty bad.

On a lighter note this is a place to express ones self and it is a valid post so who cares what I think.

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Though I will say it has some merit I am not too concerned about the school issue. As already mentioned the American response would be insane and middle eastern geography would become a very simple class. Also making a large scale attack on children would give us support from many countries.

What kind of school security would you like, metal detectors, bars on the windows, police, drug dogs, etc? Here we have police and metal detectors and the drug dogs come through once a week. I have heard of schools with barred windows but then all you have to do is chain the doors and mix bleach and ammonia and put it in the HVAC, then you do not even have to become a martyr.

I am also not very scared about doctors injecting a lethal rapidly spreading virus. As easy as it is for people to travel internationally if I contracted such a virus, assuming I live long enough, I would fly to Iran and die contentedly in a very public place. Even if it was not spread directly to the middle east in that manner it would eventually get there.

One reason school security is not the top priority is there are ways of attacking children outside of school also. What about dumping anthrax into the public water supply? I was raised in Hannibal Missouri and the public water supply is guarded by a five foot fence with no security at night. I now live in a large metropolitan area and it would be just as easy to inject it into a water main at three in the morning. What about getting operatives hired on at General Mills or Post and dumping poison into Lucky Charms? Operatives at Tyson poisoning chicken?

Everything has some vunerability to attack and the question is how much security do you want? I went to city hall for a permit and it took me eight minutes to get past security. I went to Saint Louis and toured the Arch that took about half an hour to get through security. I go to several baseball games a year, you say you want metal detectors but what are you gonna be saying when you stand in line for an hour as 45,000 fans remove there belts and empty there pockets.

I do not want to sound bad but to protect everything one out of every two people would need to be police.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
One of my main fears here.. It possible its already in the works.. This is why I dont trust hospitals.. And every doctor I get, is of middle eastern decent.. Not saying they are all bad, but couldnt a couple of them have hidden agendas?

Well, as long as we're being paranoid about middle-eastern people and terror plots-

How many middle-eastern people own/operate gas stations? Here in Florida, there's one on almost every corner. I'm sure it's similar all over the country.

Imagine if they all set them on fire at, say, 5:30 PM next Wednesday.
The property damage would be immense, all emergency infrastructure would be strained to the breaking point. Numerous lives would be lost. Cars, trucks, and buses would soon grind to a stop. In general, this would be a pretty devastating blow to the economy.

And the best part, they're already in position, and 9 out of 10 gas stations stock matches/lighters.

Were this not just pure speculation, all it would take is a pre-arranged signal.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
reply to post by uberarcanist

Are you serious?What do they stand to gain from doing this?What did they stand to gain from 911 and killing 3 thousand innocent poeple?What do they get from bombing busy markets.

I'll tell you what they stand to gain.72 virgens in heaven and martyrdom.It's that simple really.

You really must have no clue.These are not rational poeple,look to past events for further confirmation.Hell look to todays events in Iraq,so far 40 poeple dead.

And by the way I also think something was fishy about 911.I think we knew about it and let it happen.But I also realize Terrorists are real and they do want to hurt us.This should be known as fact.However can the goverment exploit the terrorist and use them for its own gain?But of course.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

I think they want to hurt us now. Al-Qaida was coined by the bush admin. Most of the people that were in the videos were payed to look like they were his "men." True there are training camps but they were used to fight the war against the soviets. There is no new footage of the camps to this day.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i dont think that would shut down the nation....remember in washington when the sniper shootings were going on people became very afraid to leave there residence there was only two of them now imagine if it happenned with the same number of attackers you were describing 5 people in twenty states it would bring our country to a standstill

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm guessing the OP has been listening to or watching Glenn Beck this past week. He has been discussing this very plot on his radio and television programs. Apparantly the school attack in Beslan was just a dry-run for what they may have planned in the US. In Iraq, we have apparantly found lists of US schools that al Qaida will target, along with videos of training sessions in which the terrorists shout commands to the pretend students in English.

Apparantly, this is what is going to go down. al Qaida will select several schools in the midwest, in rural areas. This will allow them to invade and lockdown the school before the police are able to get there. They will target schools where the females are old enough to rape but the males are too young to fight back. They intend to rape and slaughter as many children as they can. They have no plans of negotiating or walking out of there alive. It is basically a suicide mission. There is also talk of them booby-trapping the parking lot with car bombs, so that when the police and concerned parents gather at the school, as they have done with past school shootings, they will set the bombs off and kill all of them as well.

al Qaida has already said in the past that they will target our children. Their goal with these attacks is to prey on the weakest among us, and the most important to us- our children. They want the American people to react in a completely irrational and angry way. They want US citizens to storm the streets in angry mobs and attack and kill innocent, moderate Muslims. They want us to firebomb mosques and persecute everyone wearing a headdress. It is this very reaction that al Qaida hopes will allow them to recruit the more moderate Muslims that before now had not agreed with their actions.

There have been numerous reports of school buses being stolen and completely missing. There was one report of an Arab-looking male stealing a school bus, driving it around for only an hour or so, and just getting out and walking away. It was as if he was practicing. In addition, we really don't know what kind of people are driving our children to and from school in these buses, for the most part. It is very easy for someone with bad intentions to get a job as a school bus driver. As long as you can pass a drug test and have no criminal record and can get a CDL license (I believe its called), then you're hired.

Obviously, a lot of this is speculation. But there really is evidence out there to back this up. Apparantly, there are so many horrible things that happened in Beslan that the government or the media never released. The horrible things that those men did to those poor children would have enraged the entire population if it were made public. Once again, our enemies have already said that they will target our children. I pray to God that something like this never happens. But it is something that we must consider and must do our best to prevent. A child has not been killed in a fire at school in America in over 25 years. Yet, our schools still constantly run fire drills. We need to make sure that our children's schools are prepared for things like a terrorist attack or a simple school shooter. Some schools already drill for this. But not enough of them do. Some schools have plans sitting on a shelf for these kinds of occasions, but they are virtually useless if they are not updated and practiced.

There's so much more information on this that I just can't recall at the moment. I'm by no means an expert, and I cannot say with 100% certainty that this is what will really go down. But if you have a child, you should look into this. You should call their school and ask what their procedures are. They may not be able to tell you for security reasons, but just knowing that they do in fact have plans in place and do run drills is better than nothing. If anyone wants more information on this then check out Glenn Beck's website. Regardless of your political affiliation, just check it out. He has been doing a series over the past week called "A Perfect Day". I'm not a shill for him but I listen to his program from time to time and I think he's an honest, down-to-earth guy. He's certainly not a Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity-type of guy, either. So before you think that he's just some Bush mouthpiece, try listening to him for a while as he is the kind of guy who sticks to his values and beliefs above politics and everything else.

I haven't checked his website in a long time, but I just assume that there has got to be something on there about this. He's been talking about it on his radio show for a while now.
GlennBeck.com
Look for something called "The Perfect Day" if you want more info on this.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Nice Recon...

I wonder if Terrorists have google search, and if they did, would they be brazen enough to happen to search "Easy Terror attack that would shut down the U.S?"

If they did, they might be happy to find this detailed plan all worked out for them...

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ho crap!! I appologise now if i have offended any of you [snip] in any way!!

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13
If a terrorist plot along these lines unfolds, don't you think it would swing most of the US back into the 'get the terrorists' mode.

Personally, if this event unfolded, I would consider it as the backers of these actions asking for a death sentence for their existence. I suspect the response would be immense with actions spiraling out of control and the average person's level headedness vanishing.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Schools need less security, not more of it! Just when the 'Columbine effect' is wearing off, how convenient that the threat of terrorism is replacing it. It's ignorant to impose on our youth just because of some 'what if' fantasy.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

LOl no i have not listened to glenn beck although I use to.His show is not to bad,but no I came up with this.I have heard a few times now that ideas like this are getting around the t.v and radio wich is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pdh6d9

Tell me what our response would be I'm not really sure.Such a act like this would surely cause mass panic in a much much worse way than 911 and def worse than the D.C sniper.

Also our response would be more of the same,probably troop increase?Or nothing,we are already fighting them.I don't know what response we could give.

I think a minimum of two armed guards at each entrance and exit to the school would be fine.Even if one gos down there is another in reserve and can call in huards from the other doors.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So for the record incase I need it in court someday.heh.. I in no way plan to act out this idea,I'm simply trying to raise awareness.
But I just don't like people openly talking about things like this. You never know what nut is reading / writing this and will take it to the next level. If you make a thread on this crap and someone comes here and reads it and follows through with it I'm sure you would feel pretty bad.
[edit on 17-9-2007 by Digital_Reality]

I actually agree and have thought about deleting this whole post.But now I hear that poeple are talking about the same kind of idea on the radio and tv.I mean hell watch the news for five minutes and they will tell you more ideas than you know what to do with.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The thing that I always thought about is that people in these situations are predictable (the people being attacked). Put even small bombs in, say, bins and set them off near entrances and herding them into one place would be easy as they go to another, to find the same thing happening there. It's how I imagined they would attack a school, or a shopping mall. It would be very simple to do, just needing a few people. But i think a varied set of targets would be the most effective, since the whole point of terrorism is to create a state of fear.

Oh and I also have no idea of actually doing such a thing, but I try and work out the best response for such a situation. That way if you are that misfortunate, you have some sort of plan.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was unaware of that plot Rasputin, nor do I even know who that feller is. Ok, but to get down to it, if terrorist, whether, domestic or foreign, are so dumb, how can they come up with plans like this? Obviously these people have a level of IQ that is sufficient to pull of attacks. Killing oneself is nothing new, especially for the empire, or a head of state. Look at the Japanese during WWII, they flew Kamikaze missions, and I'm not just talking about when they got hit to fly into a ship. They actually had a jet propelled bomb that some guy would fly and if he wasn't shot down, he'd do some huge damage to the enemy ship. The Germans in WWII did this too, but with ME 109's that where lightly armed and had about 0 armor on it. The ME 109's would then fly into B24 and B17's at strategically located spots on the planes. I saw this on the History channel, Dogfights, apparently people survived these ramming attacks.

But as to attacking a school, in the midwest, where the "terrorist" would attack as Rasputin has said, they don't have those metal detectors, they don't have a need for it. In the American midwest its a whole different place man. I live in Texas, near Dallas. There is a major drug problem at the high school here, it wasn't so much a problem when I went there, but times have changed. From what I understand, there is one on duty cop there. Thats one against 5-6 guys with guns. Now, I have to figure that if you stake out the school, you can get the cop, not kill, well kill if you want, but at least take him out of the equation. I'm sure the cop up at my old high school probably patrols the parking lot so it would be easy to abduct him. With the cop out of the way, it'd be easy to sweep. Now granted its a big school now, maybe a 1000 kids or so in it, it would be hard to cover, so what you'd have to do is find out when they change classes, charge in and start firing.

I also considered, what if this really happens, and the police come to me, that wouldn't be tooo good there. I'd end up going to jail or something; I mean there is a lot of info on here on how to do something, while not fully detailed, someone who wanted to could get a good idea on how to pull it off.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Project_silo have you seen die hard with a vengeance? If any terrorists did carry out a plan like this the authorities could nail them for copyright infringement!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sawyer
Project_silo have you seen die hard with a vengeance? If any terrorists did carry out a plan like this the authorities could nail them for copyright infringement!

Lol this is the second time I have heard someone mention thta movie.No I have not seen it,I can't stand most action movies unless they are based on a true story,reason being they are way to fake.

Does something like this happen in that movie?Is it worth watching?Lol I'd laugh if all of a sudden I got a court date in the mail and they are suing me over this thread.Sad thing is you can't put it past poeple these days.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

I believe the attack would be blamed on someone in Iran or Syria. The USA would demand the government deliver the mastermind to us if not we invade.

I would be alright with two gaurds at every entrance and exit. They would however have to raise taxes as school funds are already stretched, so people without children would raise hell.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pdh6d9
reply to post by Project_Silo

I believe the attack would be blamed on someone in Iran or Syria. The USA would demand the government deliver the mastermind to us if not we invade.

I would be alright with two gaurds at every entrance and exit. They would however have to raise taxes as school funds are already stretched, so people without children would raise hell.

Hey your avatar is ginormous,I'm afraid.

Good points you brought up.No doubt the U.S would try to use it to it's advantage,but how can they sell us?Suppose they could just pick whatever "terrorist" organization they wanted from the country they want to go in next.Makes sense.

Also interesting about the tax hike,hopefully the porpaganda machine at least has poeple afraid enough to realize the potential threat.Wether they have children or not.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
Also with this plan and many more being so easy to carry out,why hasn't there been an attack?I mean ya we catch poeple and interupt plans but with our border the way it is there is no reason an attack has not ocurred.

I also find it humerous that we are fighting a war on foreign soil against these evil terrorists yet we leave our back door wide open.Sigh.It's alos funny that Bush always uses the word evil and makes it a religious thing.Thats the last thing any smart president would do.Just leave out that one word dummy.

As far as the first statement, hindsight is always 20/20. Who knows what's in store for the US..

As far as Bush using the word 'evil' and making it out to be a religious thing... well, it is a religious thing. Fanaticism vs. fanaticism is what this 'war' is really about. It's been going on for a loooong time.

And I'd have to say that it is a smart thing for a president to do, as it creates an emotional response within his followers, rather than using reason/logic. Politicians love using emotion to stir up their base, it's time-tested and it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join