It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy Terror attack that would shut down the U.S?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well to win a war one must know his enemy.So I have been thinking is I was a terrorist what would I do.Heres what I came up with.

I don't think I need to get into how easy it is to sneak across the border into the U.S. illegally.I would sneak a relatively small amount of men across the border,lets say 100.Or hell one could use poeple already in the U.S.

These 100 poeple would split into teams of 5 and each group 5 of would then move to a pre-determined state.So now I have 20 states with a group of 5 in each state.

Some would likely have there own weapons,those who do not would buy small arms from poeple in the local classified adds or if they had to they would buy from stores.The white "homegrown terrorist would be the ones purchasing the guns so not to raise suspicion.

Now we have 20 different states in the U.S with 1 group of 5 armed men.These groups would then wait for a pre-determined date and time.When this date and time arrives each group would take 2 seperate cars to the school they are assigned.(two cars incase one gets stopped the other car can still make it to its destination)

One car would stop at the front,and the other would drive around the school dropping one person off at each door.They would rush in,chain and lock the doors,then you know what would happen next.

I think this would be very easy to do and would not show many warning signs so it would be hard to be discovered.I have written the defense department and demanded more security at our schools.

Now lets pretend this really just happend.The news is going crazy,poeple are worried and panicing everywhere.All parents rush to everyschool wanting to get their children.Well little do they know the police,fire departments,FBI, and reporters are also heading to every school in the U.S.I say every school because everyone would get their child as soon as they heard,and the police and other would surely be at every school checking it over and guarding the school for a while.

Now think about how stressed and stretched out our resources would be.Not to mentioned how dramatized the American poeple would be.Parents won't be sending their children to school for a while thats for sure.

Then one could even plan farther to mount an attack once all the authorities are tied up at all the schools around the nation.I think this would be easy to pull off without giving signals that would alarm police.And that fact disturbs me a lot,I mean no huge amount of poeple moving around,no bomb making material,a white guy buying the guns,it's all bad news.

By the way I have yet to recieve a response from anyone at the DOD,but I am slightly concerned I could be in trouble for this post.Can they do anything to me for posting this?I'm simply an American concerned about how easy it really would be do not just this attack but I'm sure many more.

So for the record incase I need it in court someday.heh.. I in no way plan to act out this idea,I'm simply trying to raise awareness.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Also with this plan and many more being so easy to carry out,why hasn't there been an attack?I mean ya we catch poeple and interupt plans but with our border the way it is there is no reason an attack has not ocurred.

I also find it humerous that we are fighting a war on foreign soil against these evil terrorists yet we leave our back door wide open.Sigh.It's alos funny that Bush always uses the word evil and makes it a religious thing.Thats the last thing any smart president would do.Just leave out that one word dummy.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nah! School massacres are so passe these days. I'm sure any would be terrorist org would want something with a little more impact, not something that'll get a few days coverage before normality returned and Britney's latest explopits once more made it to the front pages

You are also assuming real terrorists would hatch a plan to attack kids and not a high profile or military target. Perhaps even terrorists might balk at the slaughter of kids. There again, our side simply brush off their dead kids as collateral damage so, what's good for the goose, as the saying goes.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Oh that would be easy, very easy. But to further your plan, when you have all the people there and in chaos, law enforcement, parents, media, ect., you would then have a car bomb, or some sort of dirty bomb somewhere near the school and then set that off when you have everyone there. That wouldn't even be that hard you know. You could have the two cars park in the parking lot, leave one man in there, or have another one posted somewhere close by with a radio control to set off the bombs. If you did this at every location, it would just be devestating. Thinking of this, I could pull this off where I went to high school real easily, and they've IMPROVED their security.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Nah! School massacres are so passe these days. I'm sure any would be terrorist org would want something with a little more impact, not something that'll get a few days coverage before normality returned and Britney's latest explopits once more made it to the front pages

I fully disagree,this would have major major impact.Look at VA tech for god sakes 33 poeple died there and it was on the news forever.These groups could basically take out every single child in a school.Thats absolutely devastating.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

Ahh ya man fill the cars with explosives so while everyones there they go off.Damm thats good thinking.Scary really.

The only downfall I see to this is buying the stuff for the bombs could draw attention.Unless of course you just bring it across the border with you.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So then what you gonna do? Which country is gonna get the blame and the shock & awe as a result? What you gonna do next?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The good news is that no organization would concievably get behind this. A lone nut or two as have happened in the past, but not something with any significant organization behind it.

Let's say you are a terrorist organization. What do you stand to gain from killing a bunch of kids? It's not exactly like people are going to flock to your side after you do that. Furthermore, the reprisals will be very brutal. You will just have re-energized your opposition.

Let's say, on the other hand, that you are a government that wants to conjure up some sort of "threat" so that your citizens will support you more. If your cover is blown, the possibility of revolution is very high. Yes, I know you're going to say "what about 9/11??", well, the government got lucky there in that we haven't overthrown them yet. But it is ridiculous to expect to keep such behavior up and expect to not have a revolution.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Are you serious?What do they stand to gain from doing this?What did they stand to gain from 911 and killing 3 thousand innocent poeple?What do they get from bombing busy markets.

I'll tell you what they stand to gain.72 virgens in heaven and martyrdom.It's that simple really.

You really must have no clue.These are not rational poeple,look to past events for further confirmation.Hell look to todays events in Iraq,so far 40 poeple dead.

And by the way I also think something was fishy about 911.I think we knew about it and let it happen.But I also realize Terrorists are real and they do want to hurt us.This should be known as fact.However can the goverment exploit the terrorist and use them for its own gain?But of course.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

If ever there was a case for home educating your children this is it!

Remember the school in Beslan in Russia - didn't turn out too good.

I of course have no idea of how your 'Homeland Security' arrangements have impinged on your daily 'freedoms', but would it be logistically possible to 'guard' every public building etc.

I know you guys have different rules/regs and laws that vary from state to state.
Would there be a backlash in some states compared to others?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

Another possible angle is that what you describe is not an "easy" operation, but rather one of moderate complexity. I think the risks are quite high in this hypothetical operation that somewhere along the line the authorities would foil it. No, terrorists want to stick to something more easily executable.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyCrown

Or sending them to an expensive private school with good security.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Well you cant just say its to hard and they would be caught.

Tell me any reason this would be hard or would raise flags for authorities to catch you.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Around here, there are some fields and stuff, you know, you're just getting that stuff to raise some feed to feed your cows (Fertilizer bomb, what supposedly took down the OKC building, I think thats the official story anyways). It wouldn't be hard. Why bring it across, that would be harder. Besides, you can just go online and find out how to make a bomb with house hold stuff. Drano + Tinfoil + 2 liter bottle = Big Boom. Thats not really for a car but its something that I did find that would be fun to try, but would get me arrested really quickly. To be honest, in most areas you would do this, I don't think buying a lot of whatever you're getting would get a lot of attention; I don't want to sound racist, but if you're white, it would be a lot easier; there is less of a stereotype.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

Ya the putting explosives in cars is a really really good improvement from a terrorist pooint of view.I'm just trying to keep it as fullproof as possible with little or no possibility of detection before the event takes place.

This is why each team uses two cars so if one gets pulled over the other would still be on its way.This is why you have a white guy buy your guns.This is why you never contact any of the other 20 groups.This is why you don't case out the school except maybe once.This is why you don't go to the school website.To minimize ever raising any attention to any person in any of the groups.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That's quite a scenario you have thought of there. Your right. It really wouldn't take much to cripple this country. Especially a hit to the national school systems would instill fear amongst the people more than the WTC did.

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Let's say you are a terrorist organization. What do you stand to gain from killing a bunch of kids? It's not exactly like people are going to flock to your side after you do that. Furthermore, the reprisals will be very brutal. You will just have re-energized your opposition.

Right...Even though they are terrorists I can't see them being the cool guy on the block for pulling a stunt like this. I'm sure many even in the radical Muslim community would speak out against an action such as this. If they thought we were mad after 9/11, imagine the retribution the American people would want after an attack like this. The American Govt. would be forced to take serious counter action. Like oh... turn the middle east in to glass...well that's probably what most of the nation would be screaming, or at least a retaliation with equal effect.

Originally posted by Project_Silo
mean ya we catch poeple and interupt plans but with our border the way it is there is no reason an attack has not ocurred.

I know. I ask that question alot. The reality is there are so many unguarded targets in the U.S that carrying out an attack on our infrastructure would be relatively easy. Resevoirs, electrical substation and generation plants, Bridges, ect..... I live on the Mississippi river right by a loch and dam. No security there. In reality all it would take is for a boat filled to the brim with explosives to drive right up to the dam and blow it all to hell. Probably killing thousands along the way as a 10-15 foot wall of water rushes down river flooding and consuming everything in it's path until it got down to the next loch and dam . Which because of all the stress and excess water, it would severly weaken the structure, forcing the dam operator to open the flood gates. So theoretically this would start a chain reaction that could wind up travelling the entire distance to the gulf. Further more crippling the trade routes for the heavy barge traffic that uses the Mississippi river.

And oh ya . I hope the Feds aren't watching this thread. So just for the record. I am not planning an attack or affiliated with any terrorist organization the above quote was for discussion purposes only.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Funny you should come up with the school plan. A radio talk show /news talk show personality was talking about this very possible attack last week. Plan is called "The Perfect Day" based off the Russian school attack. Check out how many school buses are reported stolen along with bus radios, and how many reports of "Arab Looking Men" taking photos of schools around the country. I should mention that this attack most likely wont happen in a metropolitan area. ('
')

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HeavilyArmed

Wow i just looked into the school buses.I had no idea,and the damm suspicious arab looking men around the schools.Good thing they are dumb enough to do things that will get them caught ehh.

I can't believe this stuff is being discussed on the radio and such,what a coincidence.I'm glad though it is being talked about because I see schools as a major weakness.Ya we upgraded airport security oh boy.Now how about some of the hundreds of other weaknesses.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I know. I ask that question alot. The reality is there are so many unguarded targets in the U.S that carrying out an attack on our infrastructure would be relatively easy. Resevoirs, electrical substation and generation plants, Bridges, ect..... I live on the Mississippi river right by a loch and dam. No security there. In reality all it would take is for a boat filled to the brim with explosives to drive right up to the dam and blow it all to hell. Probably killing thousands along the way as a 10-15 foot wall of water rushes down river flooding and consuming everything in it's path until it got down to the next loch and dam . Which because of all the stress and excess water, it would severly weaken the structure, forcing the dam operator to open the flood gates. So theoretically this would start a chain reaction that could wind up travelling the entire distance to the gulf. Further more crippling the trade routes for the heavy barge traffic that uses the Mississippi river.

Wow good point,I never thought of damms.I guess really it would not be to hard to come up with a crap load of plans.Wich again raises the question.

Why has there not been a single attack since 911?I mean hell it would take a even smaller group to blow up a bunch of damms all over the U.S.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
"Good thing they are dumb enough to do things that will get them caught ehh."

Law enforcement cannot make an arrest for taking pictures of schools, theres nothing illegal about gathering intelligence, I mean taking photos. Law enforcement can only run them off, I should mention without checking ID's or recording license plates. No probable cause. DHS has deemed this as a creditable threat.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by HeavilyArmed]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join