It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis ‘blew apart Syrian nuclear cache’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This would certainly explain the tight lipped syrian explanation of the intended israeli target.Stay tuned as the plot thickens.Never sell the israeli intelligence services short,i say.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xfile

as has been said before - syria have allready replied several times to this - but fox news etc have chosen not to report it.

nothing about `the plot thickens` more of `americans treated like mushrooms`

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xfile

Yes,the syrian ambassador has an israeli air raid dropping"ammunition"in the middle of the desert at nothing?This is the syrian official response we are supposed to belive but cant because we're glued to"Fox"?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Xfile

concerning the attack by israli aircraft on the uss liberty-i have read on an israeli website that the reason why israel attacked this ship is that not only was it monitering israels aircraft but it was also rebroadcasting the info as it was receiving the same.supposedly it was attacked to silence this and prevent the arabs from taking advantage of the intelligence.israel warned the ship to stop transmitting and the captain? ignored the warnings------this is what i recall reading from israels point of view-----true or not i dont know.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
as has been said before - syria have allready replied several times to this - but fox news etc have chosen not to report it.

nothing about `the plot thickens` more of `americans treated like mushrooms`

Ok, please show us the responses.
The only real response I've seen from Syria is them saying they have the right to respond but won't.

That BS from the ambassador about Israel bombing the desert is a bunch of nonsense. You accuse those of watching or waiting for Fox news to report something as gullible. If you believe that mess the ambassador said, what makes you any different?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
All be it part of the overall ramp up propoganda, I believe the nuke cache bombing is probably accurate. With the current PR campaign going on Globally, everyone of the players is simply getting their pieces lined up before the attacks. In my mind this was a simple preemtive strike based off of descent intelligence. Look across the globe and you see it all forming a giant head.

NK - Allows inspectors and decoms nuke dev sites, sells of the product it had and let the cops in the door. Their good either way until the radiation tracks back. (But what r the chance of them creating one anyway, kim prob bought it from Syria)

Iran- PR mission to the UN? I mean come on! Would they take him serious. Along with his bolstering of support from VZ; I would start watching the sats for transfers between these two.

US- SOS and Vp are at odds over strike or diplomacy; france will support, Israel will support & UK & Germany. All they have to do is keep leaking stuff like this for the next month. One little false flag in the US and congress is on board. Heck an anthrax note would make those idiots drop pants.

From my best bet you will see this Israeli stike as the calm before the storm. US will strike, Iran will retailiate, Israel will strike & Syria will retalite. All out gonzo in the ME. Meanwhile and Hezbollah/AQ/Hamas cells in the US will light up causing civil chaos with the support of VZ and the golden Triangle down south. It will be an interesting war. Yes people will die, we do everday. yes, economy will stumble, but who controls that anyway? In the end all of the kids will brush themselves off and take their balls and go home.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I know it's somewhat off topic, but here is a good article on the USS Liberty incident from a different point of view than what has been presented here:
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

i don`t have to show anthing - read the rest of this forum to find it *sigh*

stop being so blinded by the flag and deafened by the pledge that you cannot see the truth that is in front of you.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Crossing into an enemy’s airspace-with armed jet fighters- could be seen as an act of war.

Dropping "munitions" on another country-even if it was just on open sand-
, could be seen as an act of war.

Iran and Syria have signed a mutual defense pact.

Therefore, what Israel did could lead to war with both Syria and Iran-which my friend is the serious consequences I refer to.

Further, it could lead to an all out war in the whole M.E.

Further, it could drag in US/Russia/China/India and even have repercussions in other countries like Pakistan, whose leader has a questionable amount of control, plus it is a nuclear power to boot and a Muslim country.

In short, it "could" lead to picking sides and the start of WW3.

I am not saying it will happen, but it "could".

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
Like I said on the related ATS breaking news story, this explains Syrias relative silence over the air strikes.

I've read and heard about Syria's opinion of the matter before this thread was even created and that was last week.

I don't know what you are implying with that statement, but Syria has mentioned the bombings and initially the White House gave an official no-comment.

You may need to read some articles from last week. I personally think it's too early to draw conclusions on the issue at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
i don`t have to show anthing - read the rest of this forum to find it *sigh*

stop being so blinded by the flag and deafened by the pledge that you cannot see the truth that is in front of you.

I've read through this thread and the other. I've read articles from countries far and wide, from Iran, from China, from Syria....
Perhaps you're not understanding what's being said?

Blinded by what flag? I'm NOT Israeli

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

have repercussions in other countries like Pakistan, whose leader has a questionable amount of control, plus it is a nuclear power to boot and a Muslim country.

Not to mention Musharraf is loosing suppport and PAk is about to revisit elections.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
From what I have read so far, I can only think of one thing. If another country went after Isreal because of something they did not like, we would be up in arms calling on UN support for what ever revenge we thought deserved. But Isrreal is allowed to invade another countrys airspace and bomb them......

There is a serious double standard that needs to be addressed.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Timmyboi23

Everything regarding Isreal is a double standard.

Their treatment of the Palestinian People...

Their warmongering against 'threats to their security'

The amount of financial support the US gives them.

One could keep going on and on...
I just don't understand how humanity can't get our acts together, sit down and talk and work things out.

It doesn't seem like anyone is actually using diplomats anymore.
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If indeed Israel did Bomb Nuclear targets in Syria, I would imagine there would be more materials throughout Syria which we're completely hidden from view...Syria and Iran are not stupid and whatever sorties Israel fly, it is inevitable that sooner or later Syria or Iran will acquire Nuclear technology. What you see is just the a drop in the ocean. It just shows you how much Israel are taking the threat and it was only going to be matter of time before her enemies began to catch up. Israel has been the master for a long time and her enemies have been regrouping and gaining support from some very powerful allies. They better get used to the threats. Again the poor innocent people will pay in the long run for all the despicable acts of a few

[edit on 17uMonday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
Yes,the syrian ambassador has an israeli air raid dropping"ammunition"in the middle of the desert at nothing?This is the syrian official response we are supposed to belive but cant because we're glued to"Fox"?

Why is it that most can accept one sources explanation of the event over another without any tangible proof whatsoever? The fact is that this is the second time someone has stated that Syria didn't respond or reply adequately and that is simply not true, and/or opinion.

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Ok, please show us the responses.
The only real response I've seen from Syria is them saying they have the right to respond but won't.

That my friend is part of the response...which you yourself have stated. That does constitute a response you understand? Whether it was adequate enough for some is a different matter.

Here's more:

The story began with an official announcement from Syria's state television that Syria's air defences had fired at Israeli warplanes - an event said to have happened in the early hours of September 6.

ABC news

Damascus said on September 6 that IAF jets had violated its airspace in the early hours of the morning, and had been fired upon by Syrian air defenses.

Shortly after the first announcement, Damascus said that the IAF had bombed targets, but the Syrian envoy to the U.S. over the weekend denied that an IAF attack had occurred.
HAARETZ

The target of the strike last Thursday remained unclear but Israeli media reported that a shipment of Iranian arms crossing Syria for use by the Iranian-backed Hezbollah militia in Lebanon was attacked.

Syria first reported the incident on the day, saying its air defenses had engaged five Israeli planes, but did not say what their target was. Israel remained uncharacteristically silent, pointedly refusing to deny that its warplanes were involved in an operation.

Telegraph News

Israel carried out an air strike well inside Syria last week, apparently to send Damascus a message not to rearm Hezbollah in Lebanon, a US defense official said Tuesday.

AFP

That BS from the ambassador about Israel bombing the desert is a bunch of nonsense.

Opinion and conjecture, nothing more.

Is it a nuclear facility, response for arming Hezbollah, or Iranian arms transports? I've read Israel and it's media claim all three from various sources and yet most of you are already clear on all the facts?

How exactly, or more importantly what would you prefer Syria say? That they did have a secret nuclear facility, or that they were transporting Iranian arms? That may not be true. The US has said that any of these things MAY be a fact.

Bias is never conducive to finding the truth, only what truth YOU choose to find.

There is no evidence of any facility that we have seen yet so not only are most drawing conclusions based on unsubstantiated statements but most have already decided who is telling the truth and therefore I am sure that their mind on the matter is clearly and prematurely made up.

I personally need to see more than this before joining the "bomb Syria" cheerleaders.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If there is one thing I don't expect from this matter, it is to hear the truth.
Both sides operate in a clandestine manner for a reason. If this had been a major propaganda coup inditing one country or another without complicating relationships with other neighbors, it would have been touted all over the front pages everywhere. Instead, initial reports were perfunctory, heading off accusations at the pass so both sides could stay quiet, and this was followed by insinuations leaking out as wrestlers grapple at the ears.

This must be another sordid and complex situation with no clear path to demonstrate right and wrong to the people of the West. Therefore, we aren't supposed to know about it.

Fall TV season starts next week.

One thing I have never understood is that most of the Gov people I know cannot stand Syria and yet Syria is still around doing what Syria does. I have heard rumors about Syria that were so disgusting it would lead to America marching our 18 year olds in their in no time, and yet Syria remains and these things are kept quiet by the very people that would like to nail Syria.

When it comes to Syria, the policy seems to be to ALWAYS keep the West in the dark. Anything from OBL to nukes, if Syria is involved, when it isn't diplomatic grandstanding, you can guarantee that the public in the West won't know about it.

Why?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Doc please can you tell us the context like where did you glean this?

If it's too much bother to click the link, just run your cursor over the blue letters and, if your browser is configured right, the URL will appear at the bottom of the page.

It's the Times, you know. As newspapers go, they don't come much more reliable. Rupert Murdoch and his ilk may come and go, but the Times is an institution.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Astyanax]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Syria and Iran are not stupid and whatever sorties Israel fly, it is inevitable that sooner or later Syria or Iran will acquire Nuclear technology.

Perhaps you don't remember this?

They're pretty good at this it seems.

[edit on 9/17/2007 by Djarums]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Anyone notice the line in one of the articles that points out that Israel just effortlessly penetrated Syria's defenses, which are reported to be better than Irans defenses?

Any truth to that, and if so, is Iran pooping its pants?

I saw one article pop up that Iran now states that it has 600 missles pointed at Israel. Is that a sign they're pretty scared now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join