It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.J. Simpson arrested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

O.J. Simpson arrested

sports.yahoo.com

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- O.J. Simpson was arrested Sunday on charges related to an armed robbery involving sport memorabilia, police said.

Simpson was arrested shortly after 11 a.m. and is being brought to a police office, Capt. James Dillon said. Police are still determining charges against Simpson.

Simpson, 60, has said he and other people with him were retrieving items that belonged to him. He told police no guns were involved.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
After escaping jail time for a double murder, wouldn't it be ironic is he ended up behind bars for robbery?

It doesn't matter how justice is served just so long as it is. Too bad he was never charged with the crime of dragging the nation through a tabloid spectacle. Unfortunately crimes of tackiness and bad taste don't carry jail time.

sports.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And the second tabloid media blitz begins. One way or the other authorities are going to put him in jail. As far as I'm concerned that's where he belongs anyway. I'm sure in the days to come their will be numerous conspiracy theories, and double the amount of stories of him being framed.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
they need to do something about this fo0' he has been in the news way too much...i think they should have put him in jail after he wrote that book.. that was just a slap in the face to all of her family..good riddinz!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I would like to see a "Leave The Juice Alone" video on YouTube...Like the one the kid did for Britney Spears...That would b funny....Hell there might already be one. I am going to check.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
here is where i am curious....i don't really care about oj or if he did or not do his wife...whatever.

that said, if this thing goes to trial, where are they going to get an impartial jury?
seriously.

we now it's going to turn into a race thing fast as hell.

everyone knows oj and people are either convinced he did it or convinced he didn't....
either way, that is not an impartial jury...

what do you think?

how does the juice get a fair trial?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I see upside to this...

That this piece of canine excrement will finally be put behind bars... Juice is a sociopath, and it's better late than never as far getting him in the pokey for a good stretch.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I see upside to this...

That this piece of canine excrement will finally be put behind bars... Juice is a sociopath, and it's better late than never as far getting him in the pokey for a good stretch.

i don't disagree.

that said, what do you think of my questions?

donka

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I count the original OJ trial as the beginning of non stop media coverage that expanded with the death of Princess Diana and reached its apex (so far) with 9/11.

For that sin alone he should be tried by a jury of his peers. LOL

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

The black people I know are as disgusted and embarrassed by OJ as any white person. The thing that made the original trial such a race (and wealth) issue is it came right on the heals of the aquittal of those police officers who beat Rodney King to a pulp.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
this is probably just a publicity stunt to boost sales for his book

just seems to ironic for it not to be premeditated

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

A far a a trial goes, I think he's just as likely to get a nullification (again) as an unfair trial.

It's a crap shoot, and I wouldn't be surprised at a plea bargain just because no one would want a trial.

apc

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would not be at all surprised if some way some how new evidence is discovered during the course of this current investigation permitting a new trial for murder.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

There's absolutely no way that's going to happen.

The double jeopardy clause in the U.S Constitution prohibits it. He could come out and say he did it and it would make no difference.

apc

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
He was acquitted of State charges. It wouldn't be the first time the Feds have gone in after an acquittal and successfully prosecuted someone for some other element of the crime.

If he raped Nicole, or Goldman for that matter, the Feds could charge him with that. Or assault, kidnapping etc. If they could prove a conspiracy, they could get him for conspiracy to commit.

But you're right, unless they could prove something was very seriously wrong with the original trial, they couldn't retry him specifically for murder.

Still... wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

There's no jurisdictional basis for federal charges, sadly, he's off the hook for the murders.

Really, there's just nothing to work with.

apc

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, except for his house that he's sheltered from the wrongful death judgement by purchasing in Florida, and since he can't keep the profits from his book, he probably doesn't have too many assets, yes? So hopefully he can't afford Johnnie Cochran this time around. Last time was a total circus!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

They are already making a big thing of it on cable news.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
he 'could' spend the rest of his days in jail.

simpsowned

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join