posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:33 PM
Just brainstorming some ideas and looking for ways for people to pair themselves for collab.
I'd like to try treating these plot ideas just like we treat 'free avatars', iow, pick any one you want, more than one person can pick an idea, or
you can add a few of your own.
Might be good to mention on the thread that you've picked a concept, which might help people team up.
Just off the top of my head:
- A planet with no moon, or with a moon that was blown away, suddenly has to cope with violent weather. Due to the radiation, a new type of fauna has
taken over the planet, and humans, no longer the dominant species live a furtive existence underground. (an obvious take off on Reign of Fire, but
with a different focus, maybe)
- A story similar to the 'Botany Bay' episode of ST:OS, combined with the backstory of Doomsday, the creature that killed Superman. Someone grows
up on a planet with a very hostile environment, and moves into suburbia. Hilarity and mayhem ensues. (similarities to Conner, Angel's son
notwithstanding, I think there's room for other stories in this vein)
- A story that takes place inside a secure room, a 'murder mystery', in which no one can go outside because of the chaotic weather. They're
possibly on another planet, or dimension: it's not Earthly weather. Due to the weather, no one can leave the 'space mansion'.
- Due to the ice caps melting a race of humans develops gills and learns to live and adapt to an undersea habitat. This could be highly
technological, focusing on the evolution aspect and less on 'The Little Mermaid' type of plot.
- Two snow boarders miss a turn and are stranded. They end up in a survival situation. There's a paranormal twist involving a large white
- Romance among technicians that man a special weather monitoring station - it's on a Space Elevator, so when we say weather, we mean Weather. Good
for character development in extreme conditions. Though romantic, it can be quite gritty, with a strong survival undertone, perhaps.
- On a distant planet with two suns a boy and his dog story. Only the dog is a giant sentient Snow-Wolf. Good for Anime fans?
- An intelligent plant copes with hostile weather, adapts and survive extremes of hot and cold, all the while maintaining a symbiotic relationship
with a race of alien creatures that use the plant for shelter. They don't know the plant is 'in charge'. (similar to
Again, just throwing out some ideas. If you see any you feel you have special experience (maybe a science background?) you're welcome to them.
Mainly I'm hoping others will add their ideas.
Edit: here's one more, a favorite of mine:
An ancient god is resurrected by a futuristic sect, and with a sci-fi point of view, begins as 'he/she/it' emerges from the sarcophagus (could be
egyptian, aztec, olmec, sumerian, and so on). Soon the god takes control of the weather and decides to bring the world to its knees. Would include
research into just what attributes this god had, based on the myths we already know and adapting them to a more modern setting (magic=technology)
(Similar to the SG-1 villains, but with a twist).
An alternative of this would be a similar story, but create your own mythic tale of gods on a far off world under an alien sun.
[edit on 16-9-2007 by Badge01]