It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My exgirlfriend, turns out she's pregnant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Are you talking about Vegemite's specific situation here, or something else entirely orangetom?

Why must every post be about this bitter manipulating of men by women?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vegemite

All I can say is Good luck, work hard and save all your money......For your kids sake! I have a 8 year old daughter (living with her mom).....My situation is "PERFECT" meaning, we got along great, both me and my daughter and me and my ex.......And still it can be exhausting........In scenarios like this, you dont get a second chance...The kid is there....Its now time for you to (prematurely) STEP UP TO THE PLATE!

The ball is in your court!

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Steff]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vegemite

Well man. If she is pregnant, there is only one thing you can do if you want to be any sort of true man.
Step up to the plate, take responisbility and do what any good man has to do.
Which is raise your child.
I won't lie to you. It won't be easy and alot of the time you will probly really want to run away and you WILL have to sacrafice. But in the end. That is the only thing you can do if you want to claim to be any kind of true man rather than just a male.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
reply to post by orangetom1999

Are you talking about Vegemite's specific situation here, or something else entirely orangetom?

Why must every post be about this bitter manipulating of men by women?

MrdDstrbr,
I was talking about Vegemites specific situation and how it gets that far. Especially about the lack of thinking amounting to stupidity on the part of the male..particularly Vegemite in this instance. This type of nonsense does not work well unless the male comes willingly into the situation.

Do you read Cosmopolitan, Elle, Redbook et al and take the quizzes??? IF Not you probably should. I recommend this highly to any male who can think further than thier " oil shortage." Which is not many at all. Try some romance novels too.

You seem to be having difficulty dealing with this type of context in a post. Do you need a makeover?? Perhapsed I should speak more of sports scores and hooters waitresses. You know ..important male stuff....of real substance. Hey man...how about those LA Lakers???

TAke a deep breath MrdDstrbr..breath in ...breath out. Wax on Wax off.

Like Vegemite..dont stress yourself. Think ..dont emote.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
You seem to be having difficulty dealing with this type of context in a post. Do you need a makeover?? Perhapsed I should speak more of sports scores and hooters waitresses. You know ..important male stuff....of real substance. Hey man...how about those LA Lakers???

TAke a deep breath MrdDstrbr..breath in ...breath out. Wax on Wax off.

In your face, orangetom!

Yet another condescending post about "stupid" men not "thinking".

This is not the way to make men love you, orangetom....

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

In your face, orangetom!

Yet another condescending post about "stupid" men not "thinking".

This is not the way to make men love you, orangetom....

Ive got to hand it to you MrdDstrbr...your deep..very deep in your thought pattern...your fingerprint. Original too.

I am not intrested in men loving me...women too. I am intrested in what a woman can bring of value to a man...not "Drama." IF I want to be subjected to "Drama" I go to work. Lots of drama there at work.

What a woman brings to a man of value to him...from her labors moneys earned and efforts is called love. Another word would be commitment. Not just operating within a framework of female beliefs and expectations. But being able to see and understand what he lacks in his life and being committed to filling that lack in some manner. This is very different from the " appearence of love or commitment."
IT is not sex or sexuality...it s not beauty or sometimes called "the best years of her life." and other catch phrases. It is something more valuable than those transients.
What Vegemite got was appearences..not the real thing. They went up quickly in smoke and mirrors.
What is intresting in threads like this one is the reaction to these concepts from deep thinkers like yourself.

Remember ..real love and conceren reflected in results...by her efforts,moneys or chaos, drama...and the appearence of love ... by the confusion heaped on the male...through histronics. Which one did Vegemite get from this woman??

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Owch, I remember my ex-girlfriend said she was pregnant to try and get me back..it really screwed me up big time so if you want someone to talk to thats been in a similar situation U2U me and I'll reply with my email

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Wow man... That's really heavy for a 17 year old to go through. Maybe you should make sure she's not playing you before you get back together with her, and if she is telling the truth my advice is just do what seems right to you guys and your futures. You'll be alright dude.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
can any one say maury?take that girl to the maury show, he will clear everything up .

you da man maury

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
i'm going to go back and read all the posts, i just wanted to get my opinion here real fast.

i was in the same situation. my ex got pregnant when i was 17 and i had my son shortly after i turned 18.

as far as how do you tell your parents? my advice is just say hey, i need to tell you something and tell em....
it's not like it is something you can hide.

what are they gonna do? beat you up? yell at you?
that should be the least of your worries.

as far as abortion, in the end, that is gonna be her call. it's nice to think that you have equal say but you don't.

---------------

college is something you're gonna have to figure out....as far as should you get back with her....IMO, getting back together for the child is the wrong reason. i stayed with my ex in a terrible relationship for almost 3 years after my son was born. it was not the right thing to do. we would argue and yell in front of the baby...

are you SURE it's your child?
if there is any amount of doubt, even a minute amount that it may not be yours, do NOT sign the birth certificate and get dna....sounds harsh but you have to look out for yourself too.

if you sign the certificate you acknowledge yourself as a parent.

18 years of child support to look forward to.

gonna go back and read the thread now

edit*
guess i should have looked at the date

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Boondock78]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join