It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i thought of a way to be able to look into area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This will require money i dont know how much though. First you get the building rights to build a really tall building that is close enough to area 51 that a telescope can see in it and also large enough that you can see area 51 from a lot of different angels.

Yes the government may stop you from getting the permits to build a building that tall so you cant spy in on them, but all you have to do is bribe the person who gives out the permits to build.

The reason this plan will work is because you are not tresspasing on their land any more you are looking from your land. So the government is not allowed to tell you to leave because they would be tresspassing.

I do not know what type of telescope would be the best, but i would reccomend getting ones that can tape what you are looking at if they make those.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Bro, have you been drinking tonight? :-)

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'll have what he's having

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Wellll, Pilgrim, if you look at Area 51 on the map of the US (here's the link to Mapquest) : http://w ww.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=&city=groom+lake&state=nv&zipcode=&homesubmit.x=35&homesubmit.y=13 ... you'll see that it's on Nellis Air Force Base.

Nellis is 100+ miles across (in some areas) and about 50+ miles in length. And Groom Lake is in an old, dry lakebed in a valley (and it's not a FLAT 100 miles across. Lots of hills.

To view a (roughly) 100 mile area, the total height of the building needs to be around 20,000 feet -- well into the range of commercial air traffic.

The World Trade Center was around 1,500 feet. So... if you stack 12 WTC buildings on top of each other, that should be about the right height.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:18 PM
link   
WOW, Bet that would cost a couple of bucks LOL. I got a better idea, how about using a remote controlled model airplane and strap one of them there mini video cameras on the top and wait for them to open the doors and fly the sucker right on in. LOL
( I do hope you know I am just kiding :-)

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:52 PM
link   
no i am not drunk. secondly why would you not be able to build a building as high as the world trade centers. and then buy a powerfull enough telescope to look in on them>

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The problem is the curve of the earth...and our atmosphere.

First problem I calculated this, from reno to SF it is about 250 miles, so for every 250 miles you drop in elevation relative to your start location...about 22,000 feet. So Mount. Everest in SF would not even rise above the lowest saddle in the sierras next to here, in Reno.

So the building would have to be around 10000 feet, which is structurely, a HUGE feat. On top of that it would have to be significantly higher, so that you could get an angle good enough to see anything.

Now the atmosphere becomes a problem.

Satellites can have such good resolution, because they are looking through about 60 miles of degrading atmosphere. If you were to view something from within the atmosphere, and at an angle, the amount of "less" atmosphere is greatly reduced, not just because it only gets as thin as you are high, but also because the angle is traveling longer through thicker atmosphere, than if you were directly above the target.

This is why satellites only look down, I once thought it would be a good idea to have the satellite's view tanget to the earth, but then realized the image would be so distorted, you wouldn't be able to tell Michael Jackson from a black man.

This is why the sun becomes so large lower in the sky, it also becomes wavy. So you'd be peering at Area 51, but you wouldn't know if you are looking at it, or a rock.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'd say we are definitely back to the preverbial drawing board on this one.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I say, nevada declares itself a seperate country, and within an hour of doing so if not less (fast as possible) it swarms and defeats the gaurds at Area 51, and takes as many pictures and notes and runs off with what it can and whoever it can kidnap, for as long as until it is pulverised by the union. Hopefully by then everything in Area 51 would be well on its way to some radio shack in mexico where the truths would be revealed!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hi PizziDude
Also, I would be willing to bet with all the "hype" about area51 over the years that you would not see much there anymore even if you could see in there. The Gov is real good at " Throwing Curves" so to speak and crashed UFO type stuff would be of "unbelievable importance". Basically, because "we" all think it's there, you know dam well it's not :-)

[Edited on 29-11-2002 by Skeptical Believer]

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 04:51 AM
link   
pose as a pizza delivery boy - knock on the door and say you have a delivery for the alien research department - on your way down take photos with your hidden camera(pizza boy hat) and record sound with your hidden microphone (the garlic bread) - make the delivery and leave.

couldnt be simpler.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Also, Iluv, you couldn't build a building TWICE the height of the World Trade Center at current tech levels. There's limitations on how much weight the building can stand before it crumbles on its own. Then there's the wind factor (all tall buildings sway in the wind... yes, really) and the fact that you're interfering with local airspace (you can't just sneak in and build a WTC height building... or taller... overnight. And the minute you start getting into commercial and military airplane flight space, someone's going to come in and give you a "cease and desist."

Lawsuits will ensue.

Here's what you can see from the highest mountain overlooking the Area 51 range (pretty nifty panorama shot) www.dreamlandresort.com...

In fact, Dreamland Resort has some nice photos and maps of what's known:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

And FAS (interesting site and group) has a nice collection of satellite photos, including some more recent ones showing the base expansion over the past 20 years: www.fas.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The closest you can get is 26 miles, from the base. Than BLM owns most of that land. It's highly unlikely they would sell you the land to spy, on the secret base.

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"Throwing curves?" You mean as in "cover-up?" LOL Again, I say, "I am not a crook." LOL

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hey Ilovepizza

Maybe buy a really really BIG tunnelling machine ..like the one off the Film 'The Core' and dig under neath Area 51...

You could start it off and I will send you a spade to make the first dig !!

Or even better get one of those new fangled invisibility cloaks and stroll in through the main gate.....

sorry I couldn't help it...

PDUK

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yep...schools out for summer. Get outside....enjoy the sunshine.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Area 51 is just one area. The government has a lot of land surrounding that area from what I understand. May be we should go to China and start digging

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
anytime the govt finds that people can view into area 51 from a particular peak, they extend the boundries of the restricted area to encompase that areas as well, so even if you built your building, the govt would just confiscate the land so that you could no access it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ezekiel

yeah I am sure that Dominos delivers out there in 30 minutes or less. That would be kind of funny though to see what would happen if someone delivered a pizza to the front gate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join