It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abolishing Cash / RF Credit Cards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Recently, there have been Visa ads which depict a machine like operation of filing people through food lines until some guy tries to pay with cash - which the machine comes to a halt while the cashier gives him change (seen below).

Recently, there's a new commercial where there's a RF chip in the Visa card which enables you to just sweep the card in front of a scanner:

I saw a commercial for this the other day, here in the US.

Visa Wave

The whole point is; the push is being made away from carrying cash (it's slow & clumsy), and toward RF technology with unknown encryption on the RF chips (if any). Is this technology worth the 5-10 seconds it saves? Will thieves run around with scanners and simply place them near purses and wallets to lift card information from RF chips? Or will they simply set up readers behind the real scanners?

In 5-10 years will I have a choice between a swipe card and a wave card, or will they only offer wave cards?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
yeah, what a great idea.
anyone who picks up the card can just swipe away, no ID, no questions asked.
Yet another way to increase debt, and make those of us who actually budget by using cash, feel like crap. I hate those ads.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
More often, I find Cash to be faster (provided the clerk has change)

The time spent trying to decipher the various models of atm payment systems, waiting for reciepts to print, sign and the like, takes much longer than paying 10 dollars and getting 2.47 back.

Maybe if they were RF chips, then it may be 'faster'... I just don't like it.

that or the self checkouts that keep popping up all over.

If I wanted no customer service, I might as well order things online...

I hate those VISA ads...
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Has anyone read Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale"?

That is exactly how the nightmarish story starts - they can't use cash anymore, and the money in her account is suspended when she tries to use her card. She goes to work and everyone is being told there is job. That's when they start herding people into camps. That's how it starts.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I hate those commercials, I really do. Its sickening what its trying to do, and most people will go along with it. Granted, its good that people are spending only what they have, but come on, cash is cash and I'd rather have it than some card. In that comercial it just portrays the person as not having the card as almost as if they're bad, and should be ashamed that they don't have the card; I just hate these commercials.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just another step on the way to a World Government, cashless society and population implanted and totally cowed and subservient to bankers and the rich elite. This has been promised for 200 years, and the end is now in sight. Do people even NOW really understand what is in store for them? I really don't think they do...

There will come a point in the not too distant future where every detail about your life will be stored on a microchip, and if the info is not valid or out of date you will even be barred entry to stores. Eventually there will come a point where, if you annoy anyone of note, with nothing more than a click of a mouse you will become a non-person, with no recourse to anything except to starve to death.

Think this is "out there"? So was the idea of ANY kind of implantable chips 5 years ago. Now they are becoming more commonplace by the day. In a couple of generations kids will accept them at the drop of a hat - look at how many kids today think they can't live without a mobile phone. In Scandinavia they have been testing implantable chips with mobile phones on them for years now; how many kids will think this is a "cool idea" and even PAY to have one? Well, convince their idiotic parents to pay for, at least...

Nightmarish? It certainly is. Maybe we should all have paid a little more attention to all those sci-fi movies; Total Recall and Running Man don't seem quite so far fetched these days...!

[edit on 16-9-2007 by franzbeckenbauer]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Realistically the RFID enabled card would also have to be backed up by some other authentication method so a stolen card could not just be used by anybody.
The ideal method is biometric. I already use this for secure areas at several office buildings. The cardholder has their ID badge which contains a fingerprint template (stored as a simple encrypted algorithm). This is read by the card reader and the user then has to present their finger to the scanner, which compares the print to the template on the card. I see this being the most likely method to be used for simple dual authentication.
I'd prefer to keep using cash to be honest. I'm a very private person and see no reason why my shopping and spending habits should be monitored and sold to marketing companies for endless junk mail and email spamming.

It's also worth pointing out that it's as we have become more technologically advanced, so has the amount of identity theft increased! With everything about us stored on countless databases, so has the risk to our information being used fraudulently mushroomed.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

Tadarida, thanks for bringing that book. I rememeber reading it back in 1980 and it scared the hell out of me. Maybe I need to read it again.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I'd prefer to keep using cash to be honest.

I agree, but I doubt it'll be possible for too much longer. If you look around Brownistan at the moment you'll probably have noticed a lot of places no longer accept cheques as a legal form of payment. Once those are totally out of the picture, it won't take long before some scam or other will have people convinced it's time to do away with cash as well. It'll no doubt take the form of some kind of threat to their kids, that's the usual way the NWO crowd play the Hegelian card these days. Or some kind of country-wide counterfeit scam. Or, they may even use things like the current run on the Northern Rock (for example) to show people that cash is no longer worth anything, and you can just as easily use your plastic to get hold of your wealth. Something along those lines. I just hope people have the sense to refuse to play along - and I don't mean just now but for however long it takes to dismantle the NWO and the banksters who run the world. Am I dreaming? Probably...

The same will be true of implants; heighten the public's fears about "Islamofascism" (where the hell do they make these terms up?!) or "Islamic fundamentalism" or some other such BS, and child abduction, or similar, and then offer an implantable tracking device which the unthinking hoardes will rush to sign up for; anything to "protect" their little monsters. Just wait for it: "Islamic terrorists start abducting kids on British and American mainlands; you can protect your's with THIS simple injectable microchip; we'll even do your first two kids free of charge if you also sign up to have the rest of your brood similarly tagged."

Once the younger generation are all chipped up, it's then only a matter of time while you wait for the oldsters to die off, then you get everyone when they're young, and in a few generations, voila! A totally microchipped population.

I just thank god that recent tests with Verichip in (I think) rats led to brain cancer. Mind you, even the risk of that probably wouldn't stop most of the sheeple from signing up - even the risk of their kids' brains exploding would be preferable to some remote nebulous threat from them nasty Islamics...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is just the first step towards a cashless society.

The next plan calls for implanted chips. When you walk into a Walmart you'll pass through a scanner system. And no need to wait in line at the cash register, it wont exist. You'll simply leave the store with your cart and every item will be scanned. The money will be automatically deducted from your account.

The scary part is big brother can at anytime deduct money from your account. Owe taxes, they take it. Best Buy says you owe money on a credit card, they take it. And worst of all, fight back against the elite and they'll simply turn off your card. You starve to death.

Ive seen these chips. While attending a medical conference this year in Las Vegas, I saw a booth with them. They were being promoted as a means to quickly identify patients and their conditions. I explained the danger of these chips and the elite's true intention with them. They looked at me like I was insane

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

The really scary bit will be when mistakes are made. You won't have a leg to stand on. If someone in a bank office says you owe them £10K and they produce an official-looking bank printout to show it, what can you do? That's happened to me - and they had the wrong person! It took best part of 3 years to sort out. And what about if you argue too much or annoy someone - will they threaten to "switch you off"? It doesn't bear thinking about!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by franzbeckenbauer
how many kids will think this is a "cool idea" and even PAY to have one? Well, convince their idiotic parents to pay for, at least...[edit on 16-9-2007 by franzbeckenbauer]

I'm sorry, but this just reminded me of what I think about televisions. The greatest propaganda tool in the universe and people Pay to display them in the middle of their homes and they Pay to be fed junk news in HD 24 hours a day.

Originally posted by Britguy
Realistically the RFID enabled card would also have to be backed up by some other authentication method so a stolen card could not just be used by anybody.

The only security I've seen is requiring a signature on purchases of $25 or more *laugh*. And they require a PIN to be entered after so many purchases.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There was a point where I did feel that using the plastic wsa easrier, but then I realized how much it actually cost to use. After the 3rd or 4th time I saw "other bank fees" on my statement and called to inquire, and they told me that it was for using my debit card over the 10(or something) transactions alloted with my type of acct(and those transactions were only covered if I used that banks machines) Since then, I simply withdraw all my money from the bank and keep cash.

The part that really irritates me is that slowly but surely, you can use cash for less and less. I thought those notes were legal tender? Even Tim Hortons, who would not accept debit cards "to keep their speed of service" now offr the use of the RF mastercards. Just swipe it and your good.

When its starts costing you to spend your hard earned money, or even withdraw from an ATM,(I know its cost us for a while) then enough is enough, but what can we do about it??

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
SOUNDS BIBLICAL TO ME.REVALATIONS(13:16-18) He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I recently commented to my husband on our soon-to-be-cashless society, and how our children are being primed for it. This was as we sat and watched a commercial for the newest version of the classic game Monopoly, where a smiling girl, probably around age 10 states that she plays HER Monolopoly "quick and without cash". Scares the you-know-what out of me. My husband on the other hand only see's the convenience. Do you thin he'll believe when they just stop teaching kids how to count money in school altogether?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Vitamin RFID its got R to D

If this was on your product could you tell?

is it dirt is it RFID who knows

from the 1970's

This is the failed 1970's version implented with the real ID another outdated tech of bar coding.

this is a social expirement.
or cover for the real chipping already being done thru flu shots

You have already been chipped.

ever wonder why flu shots came with such wonderful chemicals as mercury and lead.

if you trust medical your screwed but whats our choice.

seeing now having no health insurance is improsanable for 6 months.

and soon not having rfid will be.

At least in my state it is.

Social experiment false flag for the real chipping operation

This is only a diversion for the real system of control without your knowledge.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by infamouskiller]

[edit on 20-9-2007 by infamouskiller]

top topics

join