It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mid Ohio UFO/Mothman sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is an interesting article. Parkersburg and West Virginia seem to be hotbeds for strange anomolous UFO sightings, as well as Mothman encounters. People are still seeing things in the sky to this day, but one of the most dramatic accounts involved Woodrow Derenberger back in 1966. While driving along Interstate 77, Derenberger encountered a landed UFO. A hatch opened, and a very human looking individual came out and engaged Derenberger in a bizarre, 15 minute conversation. The being identified itself as "Indrid Cold". Those of you familiar with The Mothman Prophecies will recognize that as the name of the mothman who interacted with Richard Gere's character in the movie. Really wild story.

www.newsandsentinel.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I actually made it a point to visit Point Pleasant, W.V. Didn't see anything extremely interesting, but the giant statue was cool.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The mothman topic is freaky indeed.Many of the people who saw the mothman ended up dead in the w.viginia episode.What is his purpose??

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
My feeling (based on things this entity said to those who encountered it) is that this is some sort of interdimensional consciousness that has the ability to tap into realms that exist outside of linear time. I still haven't made up my my mind whether it is a harbinger of doom, or simply some sort of being that is trying to warn people of incoming disaster?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yes!You and everybody else would like to know the same thing!Was he warning people OR the cause of the deaths and bridge collapse?I for one am quite content to have never seen him,lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I actually recently finished reading the Mothman Prophecies book. I loved it. I need to re-read it to get all the info.

I really do wish to visit West Virginia one day to see the Mothman stuff also Flatwoods Monster.

new topics

top topics

join