It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Sleep Over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Last night my son had his first sleep over! His cousin, who is virtually the same age, came over and spent the night. It was awesome!

Yep, he came over around 2:00 pm. They proceeded to play, and tear up the basement. Our basement is finished, and is my sons playroom. You can go to Toy R Us, and find only half of what's down there.

The 2 of them get along so well, it fantastic. Anyway, after a little while of no commotion, I went down to take a peek. Hiroshima, and Nagasaki were what greeted me. Everything was pulled out of their shelves and strewn about. I can't believe how much mess 2 little boys can make in such a short amount of time...........

So I clean it up somewhat....

"Uncle lombozo? Can we use paint?"

"Yeah, Daddy, we want to paint!"

"OK little Dudes."

So we go upstairs and pull out the paper, the kiddie paints, and brushes.

"Allright Dudes, here you go."

"Yay!"

"Yay!"

So we start painting. After a very short amount of time, we all look like circus clowns. More paint on us than on the paper. Thank goodness it's all water soluable!

"Uncle lombozo, I'm hungry. Can we have pizza?"

30 minutes later thepizza man is knocking on our door.

"Yay! Pizza!"

So we eat our supper, and it's getting near bed time.

"Daddy can we go up to my room?"

"Sure, Dude."

"Come with us!"

"No, you guys go."

"C'mon Daddy. Pleeeease?"

"Ok little Dudes. I'll race you!"

So off we go up the stairs. He has a Spiderman tent in his bedroom. So we all get in - Not much more room in that little tent! Ii get a flashlight and turn it on.

"Time for a ghost story little Dudes!"

So I make up a silly 'ghost' story. I have both of them snuggled right next to me, hanging on every word. Talk about awesome.
Then I yell "BOO!"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Allright Dudes, time to go to bed.

"But Daddy, there are Monsters!"

"Uncle Lombozoi, I'm scared!

So I get a squirt bottle, and fill it with 'Monster Spray'. (Water and a drop of cologne.)
Then we went on a monster hunt and killed all the monsters.

All is good, and they went to sleep.

They just woke up, and Mrs. lombozo is getting ready to make blueberry pancakes.

You know what, life is good my friends.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Thats my buddy...A big kid at heart.Yes life is good.Glad you little dudes all had fun.All 3 of you...hehe

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
You know what, life is good my friends.

You know what, you're damn right it is.

With all of the negativity in the world today, it is an absolute pleasure to read something so positive and innocent. I've only slept four hours in the last seventy two, and have been doing back shifts straight out on every day that I do not have classes. But after reading that post, I feel like a million bucks.

I do not have any children, but I envy those that do and look forward to the day when I can look in the mirror and see a dad.

So many people get caught up in work, bills, obligations, expectations, etc., they never really take the time to concoct up a batch of monster spray, and go on a little monster hunt with their child.

There are certain moments in life that we will never forget. With childhood, there are certain moments that stick out more than others. At times, for no apparent reason. But this is a moment that your son will remember for a long time, and one that I'm sure your grandchildren will hear of.

You're a good man dude. And we're all better people for saying we've interacted with you.

There is something special in you, to do the things that you do. Never lose that. Hopefully a few people will read this, and understand that little something that is special in them.

How I wish I could berate this post with Applauses.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
AD - you caught me! I am a big kid. Always will be!

Chissler, thanks Bud. I appreciate the sentiment. Dude, when the day comes that you look in the mirror and see a Dad looking back at you, you will see a GREAT Dad looking back at you. I have no reservations about that at all. You too are a good man. I value your friendship.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ooooh, that made me miss my daughter -- she's at her dad's this weekend.

Thanks for sharing that and starting my Sunday morning off with a smile.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Great story

Your stories are always funny and uplifting. It's really a breath of fresh air to hear such great things, and you are such a great father. That kid better take good care of you when your an old man!

Keep those stories coming!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Awwww Lombozo thats such a great story! We have magic dust here and my boys will sprinkle it in their room before they go to bed. It's baby powder in a wooden box, shhhhh.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
reply to post by lombozo

Great story

Your stories are always funny and uplifting. It's really a breath of fresh air to hear such great things, and you are such a great father. That kid better take good care of you when your an old man!

Keep those stories coming!

I am an old man! Thanks for the nice words.

Hey vskums, really like that magic dust idea!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow Lombozo, what a great uplifting story!! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you are an awesome Dad!! I look forward to more of your family adventures and stories, they always make me smile!!

top topics

join