It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minot Air Force Base Airman Dies on Leave

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Minot Air Force Base Airman Dies on Leave

www.kxmc.com

Authorities are investigating the death of a Minot Air Force Base airman who died while on leave in Virginia.

Base officials say 20-year-old Airman 1st Class Todd Blue died Monday while visiting family members in Wytheville, Virginia.

Blue enlisted in the Air Force in March of last year and joined the 5th Security Forces at Minot Air Force Base the following August.

Information on how Blue died has not been released.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
duggmirror.com

Related ATS discussion:

ATS Premium: Barksdale Missile Number Six: The Stolen Nuclear Weapon

Mod Edit: Title correction.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Apparently this guy was assigned to the same unit that provided security for the bomber wing at Minot Air Force base, the same base where the B-52 nuke "slip up" took place.

Was this death an accident? Did he see something he shouldn't have?

www.kxmc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Not enough detail for speculation (not that that'll stop some folk
)

We don't know how he died, and we don't even know if he was on duty at the time the warheads went 'missing'.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Seems like another fishy tale.

I guess time will tell!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Very sad.
My heart goes out to the family and friends. Only 20 yrs old.

Let's hope there is a natural explanation for this.-

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Read several posts down in this link.

www.topix.net...

(Sarah in Wytheville VA) claims to have known the guy and said he commited suicide.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Seems like there has been quite a rash of people "taking their own lives" recently that have government connections. Not to mention those leaving the government as well.

There's a thread here somewhere that mentions some suicides done in ways most people wouldn't even consider. This leads me to believe BUSH Inc. has opened Pandora's box and all hell is about to break loose.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If your a 20 year old and just got wind that your government is about to do something so nasty it defies belief, what would you do?

What would you do if you know full well that if you try to bring this out or try to do something, you, your family, your loved ones and everyone who has had contact with is in danger if you talk.

What would you do if you grew up believing in everything the US of A officially stands for, joined the army to give to your country, and then found out its run by people who have no morals, no empathy, no feelings whatsoever.

Your world will crumble and you'll be so depressed you only see 2 ways out.
One of the ways abruptly gets blocked entirely, because if you persue it, you know you'll endanger everyone you hold dear. So only one way out is left.

I don't think that the only way to explain suicides in these kinds of cases if thinking that its staged.

If its a real suicide without external help, imho it sais just as much about what a person knew and found out then when he was killed.
Especially when its a young soldier.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
unbelievable

that topic post from that "Sarah" user name says that he took his own life. She says that he was her sister's ex boyfriend.

it can't be confirmed if it's credible or not, could be disinfo

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sometimes it amazes me how fast we jump to conclusions on here, heck, even first thing I thought was "Must've saw something he wasn't supposed to..." but then I thought read further, and read that someone claims it's sucide, well then I thought: "Maybe he saw something he just couldn't stand, something that blew his mind..." upon thinking about it more though, What if he was just depressed? There are many Military People that are depressed (I don't know if he's ever seen action) and there are many people who just have a chemical imbalance in the brain and are depressed.

It's hard to say, but I think it' sad that we can just jump to conclusions like this just because a lot of us don't trust our Government (me included.) there's not enough evidence to say that it was the government, or that he saw something that "just blew his mind." There's just as much evidence to say that he's depressed and never told anyone, as to say that something strange is involved.

Which one seems like the more logical answer? Yes it's weird that it happened so soon after that "Mistake" but honestly, we don't have any evidence, unless there's something I've missed?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is a very strange story, filled with yet another sequence of coincidences - not just coincidences though - but the kind that seem to fuel CTs. Am I right? I mean there are plenty of coincidences that could have happened - they all had the same name, they all had the same car / been from the same town / etc. But time after time these coincidences are linked to involvement with highly controversial events.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
From what I've read I cant find a serious link between this death and the nukes other that he was assigned to a unit that had the security for the nukes. He was 20 years old, only in for a year and a half and joined the section this august. He could of been in the wrong place at the wrong time, but this could be also a tenuous link, so far I'd go with the later.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
In any large sub-population, such as cruise ships, rock concerts, and the Military you have the usual things that occur in society, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, even suicides.

For some reason, to me, suicides in the military just have a 'strangeness'.

Obviously, Fratricide can occur - troops killing an abusive leader, 'friendly fire' and these might be reported as suicides.

Interesting reading in the above Wiki links, detailing different types, including voluntary suicide (if a combatant is wounded and slowing down his patrol, jumping on a handgrenade, etc.)

I seem to recall a significant number of female combatants suiciding. Again, hard to tease out the 'usual' from the unusual, but this strikes me as odd also.

Wonder if there's been any studies on this among recent troups in the 'new Army'?

I get the feeling in this case of the soldier being 'trapped' by circumstances, but just a hunch.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"Maybe he was just depressed..."

Maybe.

But I wonder. To be allowed within even the vicinity of nuclear weapons, not even assuming that one is to be certified as fit to provide security for such weapons, wouldn't you have had to have passed some sort of psychological evaluation?

Clinical depression is not a "sudden onset" type of malady, I would think. Its symptoms would have been noticed well before this airman's last assignment. Or should have been, if the security of our nation's strategic force is to be safeguarded from potentially self-destructive souls.

And if this was a case of trauma-induced, or even Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) instability, the "significant stressor" that sent the airman "over the brink" to suicide should be easy enough to identify.

Either way, knowing that there may be emotionally and/or psychologically "unstable" or even "fragile" people in charge of securing and handling nuclear weapons is as chilling, to me, as suspecting that one or more of those weapons may be missing.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Meatclown

The group he was assigned to has many functiuons and thoae functions normally are broken down into Base Security those are the ones who guard the gates and patrol normal housing and streets, then you have bomber security who at that time were called Alert Secuirty and then the rapid responders who were assigned to security issues of missle silos who normall have no actual forces present they only repond when they get an alert via electrical means that there may be a breach of security at a silo.

The best way to look at it is like a normal Police department, where you have specilized units like Swat teams, homicide, robbery etc.

There is also one very important issue here that in his case many have over looked he did not have sufficient time in service to obtain a Top Secrete clearance. that normally takes a year if not longer after first being assigned to the unit which in this case was laast AUG.

Frankly I am amazed that anyone would even try and connect an Airman 3rd to stealing a missle he had no access too.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i live in wytheville, va. todd was a friend of mine. it was suicide. his parents said he made a statement before he shot himself but no one here knows what it was. everyone here misses him. his memorial service is today and he'll be buried in Arlington National Cemetery in D.C. his death was a huge shock to everyone here becuz it didnt seem like something he would do. he was engaged to be married. his fiance was here when he did it. it happened after an argument with her and his parents.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kbella08

If that is the case why then has there been no news coverage that says it was suicide? No offnse but your saying it is suicide on a message board is not enough. Can you please funish a news source that confirms it as fact not hearsay?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Could this be just an unfortunate coincidence?

I can't see how this can be yet another conspiracy. If the US government wanted to do something with the nukes, why announce at all that they were missing for a bit? why not make them disappear and say nothing.

Bring attention to the nukes then kill someone directly involved???? doesn't sound right unless the "conspirators" are retards.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
sad for Todds' family...

anyhow, i made a very cursory peek into the unit/ place he was stationed

Minot, AFB...
he was with '5th Force Support Squadron'
a very large force charged with a wide variety of duties to perform

see: www.5thservices.com...
~ a website for the troops stationed there and their families !~

hardly the sinister mystique thats trying to be spun around an unfortunate death.

~~~ If one wanted to, one could access military web sites & discover
the demographics of his unit, what duties they performed, etc

and i seriously doubt that the '5th Force' had any handling of nuke tipped cruise missiles as part of their expertise...let alone even being assigned to even perimeter guard duty, around the questioned B-52 being loaded with missiles...there would be a special Team or Squad
for that operation.

my opinion; it's all a distraction, (B-52, nuke missiles) and a story created to produce anxiety among the American populace,
the death of a airman on leave just is an addition to the mix, as sad as that is.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join