It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's cyber army is preparing to march on America, says Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

China's cyber army is preparing to march on America, says Pentagon

technology.timesonline.co.uk

Chinese military hackers have prepared a detailed plan to disable America’s aircraft battle carrier fleet with a devastating cyber attack, according to a Pentagon report obtained by The Times.
The blueprint for such an assault, drawn up by two hackers working for the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), is part of an aggressive push by Beijing to achieve “electronic dominance” over each of its global rivals by 2050, particularly the US, Britain, Russia and South Korea.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
A New cold war?

Can we win this one?

technology.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I thought this might be relevant. The other side of the coin:

China: Computer Hacking A Major Problem

China has incurred massive and shocking damage from computer hacking by foreign intelligence agencies, a senior Chinese official said.

Vice Information Industry Minister Lou Qinjian recently wrote in the Chinese Cadres Tribune that such computer-based espionage efforts have resulted in the detrimental loss of top secret Chinese information, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

In recent years, party, government and military organs and national defense scientific research units have had many major cases of loss, theft and leakage of secrets, Qinjian said, and the damage to national interests has been massive and shocking.

The senior Chinese official alleged that 80 percent of the computers used in such illicit efforts were traced back to the United States.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I hack you, you hack me, we are one hacker family....

Edit: Another source, to pre-empt arguments about source...

China: We're victims of hack attacks

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I thought that China and Russia have a close relation, well it looks like each country has an agenda of their own.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Much less close than you'd think. There are considerable suspicions on both sides (for instance, I watched a programme on the BBC a few weeks ago about Chinese immigrants in Russia, focusing on the areas of Russia close to China - apparently the Russians suspected the Chinese of trying to transplant their own population there to grab a big chunk of land sometime in the future and hence have ordered the deportation of all Chinese immigrants from that area). Russia and China's goals and objectives are too different for them to become solid allies.

As for the hacking, well, it's probably to be expected given how the world is turning more and more to technology and the internet. Wouldn't a basic precaution be to ensure that servers/computers with classified info should not have connections to the net? No net connection means the easiest route in has been blocked, right?

top topics

join