It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Starting...NBC Promotes the Verichip

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This is probably an update on the older bbc show about the verichip...check it out

spikedhumor.com...

and its also funny that these things can cause cancer, i don't think they have still solved that problem...and they seem to be already putting them out on the market.

www.engadget.com...
n-lab-tests

i can see it happening now

- in a couple months or years time, people will be told about this and start gettting it...but only a little

- once it reaches the news and media people will premote it, i can see the comercials now:

- person gets lost, helicopters fly over him... then once he is saved the narrators voice comes out " with the new RFID chip we don't have to worry about people being kidnapped or lost, our forces can find them and help bring them back to their family", it ends with the family hugging their loved one and giving you that look that says...get the chip its for your own good.

- Another one, a person gets a heart attack...and is rushed to the hospital, the doctors scan the person arm and get all the info. Then go to work saving his life, in the end the narrators comes out and says " if it wasn't for the RFID chip, the information of this person would not have been found and the medication he was allergic too could have killed him if it wasn't for the information on the chip"

PEOPLE if you do see those kinds of commercials in the future, do not get dragged into them at all, the chips will have all your information on them over time, giving the bankers that control these companies with your info everything, giving them control of all your money. To top it all of they will know were you are at all times... in the end it will be mandatory from when you are born.

and this is what one guy said, just incase you think they will not be able to find you with the chip

ThisIsTooBoring, I'm going to school to become a mechanic, and there is talk of a new On Board Diagnostic system called the OBD-3. With this system, all of the vehicles data will be recieved via satellite through sensors, or readers, placed on the highways, streets, and random sites. This technology is capable of sending the DMV any inspection issues, i.e. headlights misaligned, blown taillights, emissions issues, engine knock, (predetonation), etc. Which in turn has the DMV send you a ticket.

The car itself can become a reader for RFID tags which could then be programmed to send RFID data via the sensors placed on the roadways. So it's not all that far off. Not to mention the fact that the body could very well provide the energy needed to power the tag. All it needs is an electrical input right? And what is movement of the body but electrical signals sent from the brain.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by ATSGUY]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Then it becomes MANDATORY...... very very scary thought!

I have watched the news on this for along time, when it started with animals... I knew it would not be long before humans would have the option to have a RFID chip inserted. Soon the option will become a requirement. Run Forest Run!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by magycpapyri

Yep...first our pets. Then all those people who are in prison. I suspect that it won't be long before hospitals start "offering" the chip to ER patients who are admitted for treatment or observation. It also would not surprize me if hospital patients who are in critical condition end up getting chipped without their consent. Yep...its time to run for the hills.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
rfid will be demanded, not mandatory.

Heres how it will work:

first, the old and sick will get chips, as part of hospital programs.

then, prisoners will get chipped, specifically child molesters. (ok, this will be mandatory)

Then, children will start getting chipped by request of parents.

Finally, common people without a real "need" to be chipped will get chipped because there will be tax breaks and discounts at walmart because of it. Sort of like a national preferred member discount card. The prices are jacked up 200% everywhere, and you can get it back down to normal price with the "verichip discount." Same for taxes on gas, cigs, food, perhaps even income tax and social security. Insurance will be less for those with chips, and etc. etc.

This will be a pretty easy way to really force people to "volunteer" to be chipped, as to keep their lives from getting harder.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It will be hyped over and deemed cool to the younger generation of Hollywood entertainment and MTV worshipers. Possibly new babies will be required one?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
very scarey when they say that it is only a matter of time until the chip works its way into the mainstream.

It becomes really scarye when the chip replaces your ATM and bank cards and stores start saying they will be Verichip Preferred sellers, meaning you cant buy from them or whatever without a chip.

And then when they do away with non-chip medical paperwork it becomes even worse.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Possibly new babies will be required one?

I heard they were doing this now..

I am not positive on that but I am pretty sure I heard it.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Scientist recently disclosed their discover that embedded RFid chips produce fast growing tumors in lab animals.

www.engadget.com...
www.antichips.com...

I don't think many people will be lining up for a tumor causing device.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by cloakndagger]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
this is some scary stuff.

No way am I gonna go for the chip!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Considering the drive toward mandatory and compulsory use of this technology makes me contemplate home grown EMP weaponry and militias arising committed to frying the techno-infrastructure. Fighting the chip will be seen by many as worth dying for -- at the very level of saving humanity.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

and its also funny that these things can cause cancer, i don't think they have still solved that problem...and they seem to be already putting them out on the market.

Apparently living causes cancer. Do you ever see dead people with cancer? I think not. As soon as they die it Mysteriously stops *glances to all corners of the room in case "THEY" are here*

PEOPLE if you do see those kinds of commercials in the future, do not get dragged into them at all, the chips will have all your information on them over time, giving the bankers that control these companies with your info everything, giving them control of all your money. To top it all of they will know were you are at all times... in the end it will be mandatory from when you are born.

Of course not! When i market my chips its not going to be so superficial. It will be a direct talk with the people saying what information they have, what they will be used for and what you gain by having it.

Those who refuse gain none of the benefits.

Imagine, your commercials, what happens when you yourself fall down a cliff yourself?

No chip? Ooops *dead*

I have watched the news on this for along time, when it started with animals... I knew it would not be long before humans would have the option to have a RFID chip inserted. Soon the option will become a requirement. Run Forest Run!

My cats are glad they have their chips, so am i. I still have them because of it.

Finally, common people without a real "need" to be chipped will get chipped because there will be tax breaks and discounts at walmart because of it. Sort of like a national preferred member discount card. The prices are jacked up 200% everywhere, and you can get it back down to normal price with the "verichip discount." Same for taxes on gas, cigs, food, perhaps even income tax and social security. Insurance will be less for those with chips, and etc. etc.

Much too easily spotted, marketing is much more subtle than you think.

wait...GOOD marketing is more subtle than you think.

as i said, ive got no reason to lie to you, i will tell you what it does and leave you to decide.

It will be hyped over and deemed cool to the younger generation of Hollywood entertainment and MTV worshipers. Possibly new babies will be required one?

Only once around 98% of the population has accepted the chip, the parents can choose to get the chip installed in their child at a young age.

It would be easier for the growing child to get used to it, and to work out what needs to be changed. The chip needs to move with the times, just as everything else does.

It becomes really scarye when the chip replaces your ATM and bank cards and stores start saying they will be Verichip Preferred sellers, meaning you cant buy from them or whatever without a chip.

huh?

What would that do beyond losing them customers?

Considering the drive toward mandatory and compulsory use of this technology makes me contemplate home grown EMP weaponry and militias arising committed to frying the techno-infrastructure. Fighting the chip will be seen by many as worth dying for -- at the very level of saving humanity.

Such misplaced faith, its a dangerous idea.

You need to consider change. This is a change. What happens when something changes? You make the best of it.

The Chip, in my mind, can make the world a much more efficient and better place for the people, the government and all.

If you want to learn more, feel free to ask me.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The weird thing is they have changed the companies name that sell the verichips into X Mark . www.xmark.com...

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Sherrysilver]

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Sherrysilver]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
wow the first thing that came to mind from xmark was mark of the beast...and i thought that was some roman ruler.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus

Of course not! When i market my chips its not going to be so superficial. It will be a direct talk with the people saying what information they have, what they will be used for and what you gain by having it.

Those who refuse gain none of the benefits.

I believe you are missing the problem with people getting chipped. In a perfect world you would be right. If it only allowed for the things they say they will be for, well then your arguement might be valid.

But look how information is used today. They say you sign up to internet company to read things on web and converse with friends.

In reality you are tracked so if you a 'terrorist' you can be singled out and targeted.

You might think that is ok, they are protecting us

In reality it is not terrorist, it is anyone that threatens the power of those who have access to information, which is why Hover had many peacefull law abiding people on his list, and why the NSA has Quakers on theirs.

The whole point is this, information in itself is not bad, but when that information is held by a few, and used by those few to premote their own agenda, which is not the agenda that helps all people, then suddenly info collecting becomes hurtfull to all but that 1%

Right now if you publish and article on 9/11 you get fired, this is not universal but there are many examples. Imagine if you walked in a protest, a police held a scanner and got everyones RFID, sent off emails to their bosses, their credit agencies, and home owners group. They are marked as statistically possibly unstable due to ability to speak out against norm and are no longer valid employee, credit risk, or neighbor.

Imagine if you were flagged as a potential constitutionalist, currently police are trained to look at people who claim constitutional rights as possible terrorist. (no joke, they put it into survivalist catagory) So now every police officer within 50 meters gets a red dot on his in dash harrassment scanner.

Or maybe you are willing to do bad things for people in power, you get your red flag on your RFID reduced, if you stand up and say no, they bump you up.

They don't want to chip us to help us, they want a better tracking system to maintain their unlawfull, unjust grip on power.

And besides, it is also the mark of the beast...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherrysilver
The weird thing is they have changed the companies name that sell the verichips into X Mark . www.xmark.com...

This really shocks me? I was not brought up outside of mainstream religion, and I did a quick search and many rank and file christians see this as the mark of the beast.

Then they come from XMark. They made the name even worse? I wonder what number the X will be replaced with...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I believe you are missing the problem with people getting chipped. In a perfect world you would be right. If it only allowed for the things they say they will be for, well then your arguement might be valid.p.

Of course i dont miss it, ive heard this arguement way too many times.

I just want to hurry up and become Imperator so this perfect world everyone talks about wanting will come to fruition

But look how information is used today. They say you sign up to internet company to read things on web and converse with friends.

Well you do, youve signed up to the internet to read and converse with friends havnt you?

In reality you are tracked so if you a 'terrorist' you can be singled out and targeted.

Yes, i know this all too well. My myspace account has been bombarded with abour 200 Conspiracy wankers trying to be my friend.

I dont recollect every giving anyone my myspace, here.

In reality it is not terrorist, it is anyone that threatens the power of those who have access to information, which is why Hover had many peacefull law abiding people on his list, and why the NSA has Quakers on theirs.

Did you mean Hoover?

Well, Hoover was attacking Communists, right?

This is besides your point, but where does it say that a communist cannot be a peaceful law abiding person?

The whole point is this, information in itself is not bad, but when that information is held by a few, and used by those few to premote their own agenda, which is not the agenda that helps all people, then suddenly info collecting becomes hurtfull to all but that 1%

You may notice in my thread that i refered to my empire, my chip, etc.

My ideas only work once they have been accepted.

v
Right now if you publish and article on 9/11 you get fired, this is not universal but there are many examples. Imagine if you walked in a protest, a police held a scanner and got everyones RFID, sent off emails to their bosses, their credit agencies, and home owners group. They are marked as statistically possibly unstable due to ability to speak out against norm and are no longer valid employee, credit risk, or neighbor.

Well it depends what they are protesting for and how. If it is people throwing glass bottles in the streets because they want to touch young girls or some other weak ass thing then they can go rot. But if it is a valid concern i dont see why it shouldnt be adressed.

Imagine if you were flagged as a potential constitutionalist, currently police are trained to look at people who claim constitutional rights as possible terrorist.

Well a person who walks around with 4 rifles strapped to him saying "its my constitutional right" will need to be watched, i dont care what your constitution says.

Or maybe you are willing to do bad things for people in power, you get your red flag on your RFID reduced, if you stand up and say no, they bump you up

Why would the people in power need bad things to be done? I just dont get it sometimes. There is always a perfectly reasonable way to do things. Why do people in America always choose the destructive way!?

They don't want to chip us to help us, they want a better tracking system to maintain their unlawfull, unjust grip on power.

Well i wont say it isnt unjust, but how is it unlawful?

And besides, it is also the mark of the beast...

As soon as people mention this i get very annoyed and lose any respect for them.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
its a shame some people seem to be making a joke out of this.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
are you talking about me?

Well you have to laugh dont you? If you dont the world weighs on you.

And a person that doesnt laugh is fairly boring.

Anyway, im surprised at the amount of things people take seriously on this site, but hey, we cant have everything we want?

(yet)

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well you realise its not starting, it started ages ago.. what you are talking about here is none other than Digital Angel and has been running for quite some time now. Of course they started on cattle firstly, so farmers could track their herd and see the health stats on each "number".

But surely we have seen this coming a long time already ? - cleverly lured into allowing loads of sattelites into our skies for things like Cell phones and sattelite TV and internet etc etc. Always do they lure with false pre-tences so that the public will actually want it, not just condone it.

The infrastructure is complete, it was completed a long time ago, the frame in which the system needs to work. All they need to do is convince us. Of course as usual they will link it into all our little gadgets so it will appeal to us. Think Facebook tracking your current location so your friends can see, think text alerts when your'e near a friend etc etc..

Blegh, nothing we can do now - freedom isnt free.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
they have ears but dont hear

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join