It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Home To Protect (but your protecting iraq)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I always think about the troops in iraq and the family they leave,the kids,wife,sisters brothers ect. and i wonder if any of the troops(men) that left their families,have ever had anything happen to their kids,or wife wile being over there.

and if so,do they regret signing up for armed duty. i ask this because i watch allot of news and people die everyday,and i would guess some victims from around the country have to be related to someone in the war.

i know it would be impossible for me to keep it together over in iraq knowing my family was killed or violated while i am protecting people that dont really like me anyway,has this happened to anyone?.. or do you know anyone thats this has happen to? if so... how do/did they handle this?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I haven't been deployed myself, but most of the time I hear that many of the spouses end up cheating on their husbands/wives. Another persone told me that they got back from a deployment early only to walk in on his wife with another man.

Sometimes I wonder how people can have no self-control.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

You remind me of Tokyo Rose.

Source: otrcat.com...

“Tokyo Rose” is a name that American GIs invented during WWII to refer to a handful Japanese female voices broadcasting on Japanese radio. Although the shows were created to lower American morale, GIs positioned in the Pacific enjoyed tuning in. To make the boys homesick, these Japanese propaganda shows played American music and told stories of GIs’ women cavorting with other men at home. Foumy (Madame Tojo), Saisho and Myrtle (Little Margie) Lipton, and Iva Toguri D’Aquino (Orphan Ann) were among the favorite women broadcasters.

STM

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

thats cruel.. but i guess i see where it would keep their mind cloudy and not on what was at hand.

top topics

join