It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple way to tell if a UFO is genuine or not...IMO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
UFO's & Aliens (IF REAL) don't want to have attention drawn to them because otherwise they would just land in a public place and introduce themselves.

Since they don't want to be identified yet, it seems reasonable to assume when flying or hovering they would not have any lights on to give themselves away.

Given my first two points I have come to the conclusion that any photo's or video's containing a strange object that has flashing lights or any type of a light source is NOT a real UFO.

I give more credit and validity to any picture or video that contains an unidentified object with no lights. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You could be right but I think it's impossible for us to determine what their game is, if it is them up there buzzing us once in a while.

We just cannot know what their mentality or purpose is.

Your avatar is absolutely**SNIP**by the way. Or indeed Shiite.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by triplesod]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Good point. The recent O`hara incident was a pure metallic disk without lights according to the witnesses, wasnt it? But we should take in concideration that UFO`s and flying disks could also be manmade, secret projects, or even time travelers, and not just alien.

Maybe the ones with lights are ours?

The 9 disks that were supposed kept at area 51 that bob lazar took john lear out to witness, did they have lights? those were supposed to be of ET originate

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Interesting point, 4thDoctorWhoFan.

If you think about it, it would make perfect sense if you were piloting an alien aircraft to have no lights so you don't draw attention to yourself. However, it might be a possibility that there are more alien craft than what we see. It could be possible that there many more craft that don't have lights or are invisible.

Now, the question is, assuming that these craft are alien in origion, why would some craft have lights on while flying or hovering if they do not wish to be seen? Well, maybe they want to be seen for whatever reason. Maybe to scare us or give us something to write about on the internet?

The alien craft may have lights for some other unknown reason that we do not know. Maybe the type of engine they run for the craft to fly and hover gives off a light source of some kind? That might explain why many UFOs are seen looking like a ball of light or energy.

Now if you see an unidentified flying object in the sky blinking lights in a repetitive pattern, then you can say for certain its a man made aircraft. However, if a UFO changes colors or looks like a ball of energy, it is not a man made aircraft of conventional nature.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Maybe they are using lights on craft in order to blend in. Just a guess but then again they have cloaking ability. I would say their eyes allow for more light and can see in very low light conditions thus needing no lights at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I actually think that it is more likely that if they are secret man made craft, they wouldn't be flashing lights here there and everywhere. You could say that they need to for safety reasons but it is very easy for them to know if they are on a clear flight path or not and if worst came to the worst and they absolutely had t show some light, then it would only be a flick of a switch (or a change of thought, as our new technology runs and is fuelled by the power of thought and brainwaves. I know, I worked on the prototypes).

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Totally agree, DoctorWho!

You may find my earlier thread interesting...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Great point about flashing lights. I have to agree with you. If you see a true Offworlder, it's not going to advertise like the MetLife Blimp.

Props for the funniest avatar!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What a stupid reason.......simple way my ass

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Bob Lazar gave a theory on why UFO's look like glowing orbs. Apparently, UFO's use a very high energy source, and when you apply enough energy to a gas molecule(our atmosphere) it emits light.

He talks about it here: youtube.com...

About 30:15 in.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by GeeGee]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Maybe they are using lights on craft in order to blend in.

If they were really clever they'd make a craft which looks just like a 737.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If we assume that we could also assume that as we know (or at least its very reasonable to assume) alien races that visit (if they do) our planet are way advanced than us , and they just might not care if they are seen or not .

Lokk at it this way , if you go to Africa on a safari do you intentionaly shut all the lights on the car while chasing lets say a pack of tigers ? No you dont because you dont care if they see You or not.

The same way I would see alien crafts . Those lights might just be a normal driver light (sorry for bad language) that they have on or those lights might just be the effect of some part of their ship beeing operational at the moment .

Basicly what I mean i guess is that : Do you really think they care
?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think there are too many alien species visiting earth and some of them are neo-aliens who come here for the first time with all their bells and whistles and Christmas lights.

Obviously, they don't know us and don't feel like hiding anything, but within a few minutes they see a tribe of primitive warmongers ruling the planet with thousands of nukes pointed to the sky and everyone they try to contact either shoots at them or freaks out and runs away.

Thus, they promptly turn off their lights and vanish into the final frontier.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
My opinion is.. why would they even need lights. They don't need to obey our airspace laws and they arent bright enough to have any benefit for the craft (assuming thats what it is) .

Think about it, when we send rovers and probes to other planets.. do they have lights on them? I may be wrong but i don't think they do because there is no need.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
UFO's & Aliens (IF REAL) don't want to have attention drawn to them because otherwise they would just land in a public place and introduce themselves.

How do you know they don't want attention drawn to them? Are you an alien? Have you ever spoken to one? Hmm, thinking about it, How do you know aliens even exist?? Maybe they don't want to introduce themselves because the way we are killing eachother, we'd just kill them too.

Taking into consideration every single UFO/Alien incident that has happened to humans, we can't even prove that these things really exist, all we can do is take a persons word for it. So that being said, UFO's /Aliens are a simple Myth until proven otherwise.

If aliens exist and are able to travel millions of light years anytime they want, and they DON'T want to be seen, then why can't they cloak themselves? Heck, they must have some sort of high powered telescope to observe us from afar. Why wouldn't they want attention drawn to them? They can't possibly be afraid of us, they could probably enialate us in a second.

I think the 'aliens don't want attention'' thing is pretty stupid, if they can travel past light speed, or create a portal /vortex that can lead them here, they must have the power to do absolutely anything to us.

Conclusion, all cases, photos, incidents, are fake until proven otherwise or until we as a collective group, see one, a real one (Not just a stupid black dot in the sky).

-Jimmy-

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Basic chemistry suggests that a reaction between two elements produces a by-product.

If you oxidise (burn) wood, it glows red.

If you create a fissile nuclear reaction it produces intense white light (nuclear flash)

When the nuclear reactions take place in the sun, they produce the light we all see.

So, it makes sense that a UFO, in order to travel interplanetary distances, uses an extremely powerful propulsion system, and I would suggest that one of the things its likely to emit is light as a by-product.

So it makes perfect sense to me that UFO's emit light.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformoreSo, it makes sense that a UFO, in order to travel interplanetary distances, uses an extremely powerful propulsion system, and I would suggest that one of the things its likely to emit is light as a by-product.

So it makes perfect sense to me that UFO's emit light.

That is a point to consider however most lights reported by witnesses are usually flashing or blinking in different colors and definitely not part of a propulsion system like on a typical saucer design.

But who really knows, you could be right.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130

How do you know they don't want attention drawn to them?

I don't!

Are you an alien? Have you ever spoken to one?

No and No!

How do you know aliens even exist??

I don't!

Maybe they don't want to introduce themselves because the way we are killing eachother, we'd just kill them too.

Perhaps you are correct and they don't want to introduce themselves which brings us back to my remarks. If they don't want to introduce themselves then you would think their ships would have NO lights or at least have them turned off, hence my reasoning that if it has flashing or blinking lights its probably NOT a real UFO.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
You could be right but I think it's impossible for us to determine what their game is, if it is them up there buzzing us once in a while.

We just cannot know what their mentality or purpose is.

According to Bob Dean on the new Project Camelot video, they have no ill intent at all. This was according to the findings of a classified 1964 report he read personally. He said that when (famous astronaut) Gordon Cooper conversed with an alien, the being said that 'they were neither for us nor against us'. You can check out the video to find out more.

Interestingly, he also refers to the ETs as the 'zookeepers' and we are just animals in the 'zoo'. We are a million years behind these races in terms of technology, culture - everything. Now, it raised my attention when I read Thill's analogy of driving on safari in Africa and turning off lights for the tigers - the whole zoo-and-the-zookeepers thing sprung to mind. We have so many of these things flying around, being caught and sighted - I just don't think they care an awful lot either way, we are just like animals to them, you know? They observe, they interact but not overtly so. We're just this huge beautiful zoo to them. Thus, in my opinion, this rule of thumb for validating sightings is fundamentally flawed.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by RiotComing]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Given my first two points I have come to the conclusion that any photo's or video's containing a strange object that has flashing lights or any type of a light source is NOT a real UFO.

Sorry, I have to disagree. I've seen a few UFOs. The last one was on March 18th 2004. It appeared from nowhere on a sunny afternoon, just across the road at rooftop height. It changed shape/or morphed and emitted a flashing red/pink light every two seconds or so. It moved quite slowly so I got a good look. I ran to fetch my camera but it had floated upwards, and my camera was crap, so all I got was a black blob in the pics till the last one which showed a silver ball.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join