It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another topic on homosexuality coming from someone that does like the same sex. Please read

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

According to the book, that's all adultery, those actions and types of relationships.

You have provided info on the physiological differences of the brain in a homosexual and a heterosexual. I interperet these as mutations. We all are mutated. My belief provides a reason for this, the tainting of all matter, resulting in the miscalculation of genetic material. It is simply an error of maths if it is truly due to mishapen structures.

It comes down to feeling good and being comfortable as who you are, sometimes as who you think you are, or who you want to be.

Is it all about feeling good though? I do not think this is the reason for the universe. I do not believe everything that feels right is right.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Man, do we have agendas working here in overtime or what? This isn't even about sexuality, well it is but it's really on the back burner. From the OP:

I find guys sexually attractive, but I am never attracted to their personalities. Im sorry, but im just not. I mean there are some sweet guys, that can be totally fun to hang out with, and i have had boyfriends, and crushes, but its never a lot.

OK, let's talk relationships. What does a guy want? Duh, SEX. That's it. He doesn't care about anything else(most of the time at that age). What does a girl want, sex sure BUT also a closeness, a bonding, a personal connection. That is sorely lacking in the teenage male of the species.

Aesthetics. Let's admit it, the female form is a thing of beauty. Look at art from ALL time periods. The female form is there. It's not wrong to be aroused by that, no matter what sex you are. The only time I can see it as being wrong is where a woman would look at another and think she's inferior to her because of weight, chest size, whatever.

It seems to me GUK you are looking for the right thing. A closeness. That goes beyond sex. Maybe you haven't met the right guy(the age bracket is tell tale imo). Maybe you are bi. That doesn't matter. Find what you are looking for, it's about being happy.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Actually Adultery is considered any sexual act outside of a marriage, modern convention treats them as being seperate entities. Regardless i could careless what other people do im not entirely convinced being a homosexual is completely and totally a no choice situation but i also have no problem with them getting married whatsoever seeing as how they statisically do better at actually seeing their unions through, in comparison to the so called christians who gladly place them in hell for thier actions.

But to bring this back on topic here, it seems to me your ok GUK really whatever you choose to do is up to you, but it is quite perfectly ok to love this person on that deep of a level. And im not really sure if you can say it is a homosexual thing so much as you never really have said you find her physically attractive and at times come across as saying you actually don't. dont know it could be just me there maybe i missed something. Also at your age it is going to be extremely hard for you to meet a boy whose personality you actually like. And i wouldnt worry about GOD hating you to much for anything, a parents love has no limit.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetUpKid
A loving christian family.. I don't think they could disown their child for being gay, but hey, maybe im just crazy.

Wake up call any body that would disown someone because of sexuality is a very uncaring person.

One day I said there was a girl that I liked, and i was yelled at for quite some time and told how disgusting it was. From there on then, I never mentioned it.

Your just going to have to get over the Christian anti gay BS and intolerant agenda. Homersexuality(SP?) was common amognst the ancient Greeks so it only since the likes of anti gay Christians came along that intolerance has appeared.

I find guys sexually attractive, but I am never attracted to their personalities. Im sorry, but im just not. I mean there are some sweet guys, that can be totally fun to hang out with, and i have had boyfriends, and crushes, but its never a lot.

One day you could have both men and women chasing after you which would you a wider selection then straight or gay people have.

I have fallen so much for my best friend of the same sex, but never told her or anything. Her family also believes homosexuality to be disgusting.

Why would you want to be with someone who holds such views ?

The bible says it is an abomination. Well, isnt any sin an abomination? Which means when you say a cuss word, its at the same ranked level as performing a homosexual act.

You don't suppose that a book that was written thousands of years ago , has been translated many times and is based upon an idea that has no supporting evidence could be wrong ?

I dont care who says people choose to be this way. Some people might because of fear of rejection from the opposite sex and so on, but for me, i did NOT choose this.

IMO nobody choses there sexuality.

Being Bisexual or Gay is perfectly normal . You don't have to put up with anybody intolerant agenda.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
According to the book, that's all adultery, those actions and types of relationships.

then they're using the wrong word.
they have other words for the actions and adultery, in english language, is sex with a partner that is not part of of an already established wedlock
fornication is sex prior to an established wedlock

and the divorce thing...
again, think of battered women. what are they supposed to do? leave their husbands and be without love for the rest of their life?

You have provided info on the physiological differences of the brain in a homosexual and a heterosexual. I interperet these as mutations. We all are mutated. My belief provides a reason for this, the tainting of all matter, resulting in the miscalculation of genetic material. It is simply an error of maths if it is truly due to mishapen structures.

...is this a sin thing? cause if it is, that's just stupid until you can demonstrate that sin can directly influence matter.

It comes down to feeling good and being comfortable as who you are, sometimes as who you think you are, or who you want to be.

Is it all about feeling good though? I do not think this is the reason for the universe. I do not believe everything that feels right is right.

i never said it was about feeling good... i'm saying that these people were born this way.
now, this isn't just about things feeling right, look at it objectively
2 consenting adults participating in homosexual activity: who is being harmed?
nobody...
this is the problem i see with religious morality, it's about absolute statements, not about how harmful an act is.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

sounds like you're going through the typical female teenager bi-sexual phase.

i never went through this so called phase.

to the first poster its your life you live it and do by your self and if your bi then thats fine only narrow minded people believe being gay is wrong so dont worry

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

This is true. It is your life. Good luck GetUpKid!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Acceptable behavior versus rationalized behavior...

Just becauce you can, doesnt mean its beneficial for you. Just because we can, doest means its good for us. Everything is allowable, but not everything is beneficial...consider the following..

You know..there are people that go to work every day who are good upstanding Americans who build nuclear devices. They go home to their family and think they have done a good days work.

This is acceptable behavior but in reality it can produce outrageous attrocities...The things they perfect can kill millions within seconds. Yet all in a days work. Do you think Christ would build a nuclear weapon?

Its not written in the Bible, but we know what is right here.

There are people that go to work every day, who think of new and creative ways to kill people by making advanced weaponry thinking they are promoting freedom and democracy. They dont see the Men women and children that are blown apart. They dont see the blood and the tears...the cries, the screams. Do you think Christ would be a weapons designer?

Again..its not written in the Bible, but we know what is right here.

This is acceptable behavior and employment yet if we were to stop and talk to some of the nameless people that our devices might kill, perhaps we might learn their plight.

We look at a man like Stephan King, who writes Horrific stories about unspeakable things..and if we knew him in real life and all he did was talk about these things, we would think he was a nutcase..but because hes published, well..hes accepted.

Yes..its all about the trend. But if one backs off a minute and looks human to human, things have a way of showing us the truth.

Homosexuality is your choice. Not mine, nor anyone elses to point out. Your love is your love. Ultimately Christ said love one another, and we all know that Loving one another does not mean sex. But somehow, the trend in a lust craving world, we all seem to get hung up on the sex.

Your behavior is between you and God. I cannot measure lest I be measured. Therefore, listen within, and follow your heart. Is it Lust? Love?
After all, men can love men and women can love women, but no sex has to transpire....

What is the natural function of ones body?

Homosexuality doenst always mean people are having sex. There are many homosexual partners that dont.

Christ himself hung out with men all the time whom he loved...yet was not a homosexual.

When a person categorizes themselves as homosexual..does that mean they LOVE same sex, or are merely only turned on by same sex?

It seems funny to me that we have a term noting sexual orientation yet we have no term for love of all.

If one questions the act, and they truly Love the Lord and were in question, then I would refrain. After all, we should love the Lord God with all our hearts first, and Love one another.

If in doubt..sacrifice. Love everyone...forget the sex.

Does one have the discipline? or is the urge greater then ones ability to resist?

The Answer is written on ones own heart..not through the polling of a forum.

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

there's a problem with your rational... nobody is getting hurt by homosexual sex.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GetUpKid

the bible is crap. yes it has alot of great teachings and philosophies but its not the word of god. god doesnt exist. religion along with god is a load of bs. just live your life the way you think is right. if your gay or straight it doesnt matter it shouldnt matter. dont foreget the bible was written by old men.honestly i dont know why religion has lasted this long.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
We look at a man like Stephan King, who writes Horrific stories about unspeakable things..and if we knew him in real life and all he did was talk about these things, we would think he was a nutcase..but because hes published, well..hes accepted.

Peace

damn sound very familiar.hahaha
i bet if we knew all the authors of the bible we would think they were nutcases also but since theyre published theyre accepted. hahaha

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobie12488

the bible is crap. yes it has alot of great teachings and philosophies

Could you be a little more vague? lol

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by HIFIGUY

there's a problem with your rational... nobody is getting hurt by homosexual sex.

LOL..are you kidding me? I expected more from you then a non intrusive repsonse like that Madness..!

Litmus test: No one gets hurt if your having sex with a cow either. How about sex with Dead people? No one gets hurt there either. Why dont you do that? There are people that justify even that act.

Abandoning Natural function as designated by the human Geno and Design. Feel free to have sex with anything you want.

Substituting the Truth, which is how you are built as a man, for a Lie which is how you want to be according to your desire.

If it feels good, do it? Is that the order of the day?

Hitler went by that precept. He did whatever the hell he wanted to. After all it was all about the Fatherland and a new way.

Yes, populating the planet resides on homosexual sex. Is that the truth?

Whatever you want to believe.

Sodom and Gomorrah had both homosexual sex and sex with Animals.

The Almighty God, as the story goes, felt compelled enough to lay the smack down on those two cities.

Peace

[edit on 25-9-2007 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 25-9-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Dear GetUpKid,

The only big mistake you are making in your life (in this regard) is taking a silly book written thousands of years ago seriously.

You said it your self, would a [B]just[/B] God hate someone whom is just acting on their natural feelings of attraction? Even if God exists it is not his business what sex you are attracted to. The God of the Bible is a vengeful and bloodthirsty bigot. He is not a being that deserves the respect from any human.

If (that’s a big hypothetical IF) the God of the Bible exists, I side with Satan, and so should you.

If you want to remain a Christian, however, I have to say you must abandon your homosexuality. At least you must restrain your self and never act on it, keep it within you and suffer the consequences this will inflict upon you. Because the Bible DOES say homosexuality is an abomination and you WILL go to hell if you continue down this path ACCORDING to Christianity. Now, facing such absurdities, what is the logical choice? Stop following Christianity!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, let's talk relationships. What does a guy want? Duh, SEX. That's it. He doesn't care about anything else(most of the time at that age). What does a girl want, sex sure BUT also a closeness, a bonding, a personal connection. That is sorely lacking in the teenage male of the species.

What a stupid and ignorant comment. A boy at this age does not necessarily only want sex. This is a ridiculous generalization that holds no water. Boys are in truth not much different from girls in these matters.

I know I did not go out of my way to have sex at the age of 17. I had more a desire for a girlfriend than a sex partner at this age and I’m not unique.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

It's about being consensual. A dead person can't consent to having sex. A cow can't consent to having sex. Two human beings, regarldess of being the same sex, can consent.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vckums

Consensual then makes everything ok?

Kavorkian delivered Consensual Death and he was convicted.

Even though both people wanted it US law said bad.

As for the Bible, eating from the tree was also consensual. There again, we see action and consequence.

Some things, like war, abortion, and a host of other things have unseen long term outcomes on people.

Peace

[edit on 26-9-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

can you show us who homosexuality hurts before comparing it to war?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Many times, they themselves have gotten hurt, due to the ruthless nature of man.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

ah...that wasn't homosexuality hurting the person, but the general nature of human beings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join