It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another topic on homosexuality coming from someone that does like the same sex. Please read

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Okay, let me start off with saying that I consider myself bi-sexual. I am only a teenager, and you can sit here arguing the points of how I dont know my sexuality yet, or how I know nothing, but by reading these posts.. I can tell I know a hell of a lot more than some people on here.

With that being said, I was brought up in a christian family, and I still am. My family thinks homosexuality is an abomination. They won't treat gays with disrespect, but they will think its disgusting, and not accepting of the life-style. With that being said; my family does not know my feelings, because if they did, i'd surely be disowned, and they have mentioned that to me plenty of times before.

A loving christian family.. I don't think they could disown their child for being gay, but hey, maybe im just crazy.

Anyway, the point is ever since I was young, ive been preached God, and i do believe in God as well as Jesus Christ. When I was young, I was often very attracted to girls. One day I said there was a girl that I liked, and i was yelled at for quite some time and told how disgusting it was. From there on then, I never mentioned it.

I find guys sexually attractive, but I am never attracted to their personalities. Im sorry, but im just not. I mean there are some sweet guys, that can be totally fun to hang out with, and i have had boyfriends, and crushes, but its never a lot.

I have fallen so much for my best friend of the same sex, but never told her or anything. Her family also believes homosexuality to be disgusting.

Im not confused; you can argue this all you want. Its not just a close friend feelings; its more. I could spend forever being close to her, without doing anything sexual, so its not out of lust or anything like that. I really do LOVE her. I am sexually attracted to guys; but not really to girls, just their personalities. Its not because of similar interests, its something way more.

The bible says it is an abomination. Well, isnt any sin an abomination? Which means when you say a cuss word, its at the same ranked level as performing a homosexual act. You might say, well homosexuality is a life style, and you choose it. Well, sinning is something that you do every day because no one is perfect, and that is a life style as far as im considered. You still sin whether you believe in God or not.

I dont care who says people choose to be this way. Some people might because of fear of rejection from the opposite sex and so on, but for me, i did NOT choose this.

I dont know why anyone in their right mind would choose to get hated on by so many people, and disowned by so many people they love. Its just not logical.Even if being gay was a sin,
having feelings for someone of the same sex would not change whether or not i'd act on them. They'd still be there, so it would still be a sin.
I cant stand it when people compare homosexuality to things like child rape. Saying they have the same urges and such. Theres a big difference. A child is being abused and hurt in that case. Homosexuality is not hurting anyone.

I am telling you first hand that i did not choose to be this way, and i would do anything to not feel attraction for the same sex at all. But homosexuality is at the same rank as any other sin in Gods eyes. There are plenty more teens having unmarried sex who are completely straight, which is also in the same rank sin wise.

Id really like someone to argue this with me, and tell me that I choose this. Tell me how disgusting I am for being attracted to someone ha.. You dont choose who you have feelings for. Your sins would be in the same rank as any homosexual. A gay person having anal sex is just as disgusting as a straight person having anal sex. When asked why homosexuality is bad, some people say its in the 10 commandments under adultery and how married men leave their wives to have homosexual sex. That is adultery in general, which could happen in the case of straight sex too. It makes NO sense

Please someone, argue

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I can't argue with the fact that you think you're at least bi-sexual. I happen to be in the camp that believes homosexuality to be no choice at all -- who would choose to be outcast from their family if caught?

In your post I heard you were angry, and I think you are rightfully so. Your religion and your family would reject you because of who you are attracted to. I want to ask you something, and please keep in mind that I do not believe in a god of any kind. I am, however, quite familiar with Christianity, having used to be one.

Do you think that the god they tell you is "love" would revile you because you are acting and feeling in the way he made you to be? Don't you think that religion and so-called "god's law" is nothing more than the work of men? Why would a perfect, all-knowing being make you so that you were attracted to your own sex and then damn you because of it? How is that love?

I would go on to talk about how religion is a poison, but I'll spare you that for now. It sounds like you have enough on your plate. Just think about it. Would a being made of love punish you for being what you were born to be?

Homosexuality is not a choice. No matter what people say. people who say that are being ignorant and hateful.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
thank you very much. I see where you are coming from as well.

Also, are people nuts.. If everyone was straight and able to reproduce, do you know how overpopulated our society would be?

People can never argue their statements for why its wrong, except for saying that anal sex is disgusting. But then again, i dont see them telling that to any straight couple having anal or oral sex, which would be just as much perversion.

"You'll get aids or worse"
Ha. Just as you can do in straight intercourse.

Love is not based on sex. In fact, i could go my whole life without doing sexual things, and be fine with it. Its just about finding someone who can be my best friend, but at the same time, I can picture myself always being that close with and making me feel comfortable.

I dont think God would condemn me for being happy being attracted to someone i care for as more than a friend of the same-sex.

I always get myself very down, because I can't even tell anyone for fear of always hearing that im going to hell, even though regardless of my sexuality.. I am a much better person that many so called christians that i attend school with.

It doesnt add up to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Any feeling, any and every inclination is God given?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GetUpKid

I promise I won't say you're going to hell. I don't even believe there is such a place.

One thing strikes me about your post, though. You may be young but you have looked inside yourself and tried to figure things out. You are questioning that which you are told to blindly follow. You're doing all right, better than a lot of people older than you, who never look within themselves to see their own personal truths.

If you need to vent sometime and aren't comfortable posting publicly, after you get your 20 posts, feel free to U2U me any time. you can send U2Us (PMs from the Member Center button on the tool bar up top of the page. you just have to make 20 posts before you can send any.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

that's what I hear Xians say all the time. There can't be free will according to the philosophy because god is omniscient and knows what everyone's life is going to be like before they are born. So he knows who they are, what they are, and who they will be attracted to before the person even exists.

So he either is a sadist, and likes making people suffer, he isn't all powerful, or he doesn't exist. I know which I vote for, but we're talking about GUK's conundrum with his family and supposedly all-loving god.

Real love doesn't put restrictions and conditions on it. I love my kids no matter what they do or who they are. I would hope that if this sky fairy existed, he could at least do as well as me, if not better, being omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. All the more evidence that "god" is a construct of man, and not the other way around.

God was created in man's image. In fact, I think I liked the Greek Pantheon better. Zeus made no bones about being a crotchety old lecher. He didn't hide it and he didn't say he was all about love on the one hand while destroying people and denigrating them on the other.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thanks for everyone being supportive. I have tried figuring it out myself, yes. Without the use of religion even. I even tried with the help of religion, and nothing changed. My family told me that God is the way away from sin, but even reading the bible, going to church, and having faith never stopped my feelings.

I surely know i didnt CHOOSE that when i was little and liked girls either. I was always that way, before i even know what the word homosexual meant.

I dont see how any god loving way would put their kids out on the streets. The parents preach to be honest and truthful, but do you know how many people are still in the closet like me? Its proven that 1 out of every 10 people is gay, or bisexual. Meaning out of a class of 30 students, theres two others in there like myself. But yet no one really comes out because of fear.

I want justifications of why its so wrong, and how its harmful. Just because im not reproducing, doesnt mean millions of others arent. And those people are straight, and are reproducing because its how they feel towards someone else, and its what they want. And this is how i feel, and what i want but i cant even let anyone know.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

"So he knows who they are, what they are, and who they will be attracted to before the person even exists. "

How do you know. He is everywhere at once yes... but you are certain God behaves this way? You are an authority of a non-existant God. How cool!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
sounds like you're going through the typical female teenager bi-sexual phase.

almost all of my girlfriends in life have told me when they were in the 13-17yr old range, they were bi-curious at one point or another and ended up having "sexual relations" with another female.

its just a fact that alot of teenage girls who claim to be bisexual end up realizing that they just find the woman's body to be beautiful and the fellow woman's mind to be interesting. you should find it interesting and compatible, because you have the same general thing .. a woman's brain.

plus at your age guys are big-time immature, so you probably haven't had a "true love" experience with someone who is a male, im just assuming this much from my personal experiences. i'm a male in my lower 20's, well, as of the 18th i'll be 25, eep. Cant say that anymore!

but throughout my teens there were tons of girls making out w/each other. why?> because it was "cool" and the in-thing to do. girls who were bi got more attention from guys because they are told to find this sexy, two women making out. so they get that extra attention, and also, they get the attention thats semi-negative from ppl who are like .. wtf? are they for real? etc.

consider what is natural.

not having sex with men is natural. you do not have to have sex.

but having sex with women, isn't natural. thats why it's technically impossible, you both have an insert, theres no object to insert with, which is actually attached physically to the other person that the other person receives pleasure from! .. in the flesh itself not the brain through emotion .. so in the end, you'd just be bumping holes, and eating a lot of tacos.

so my advice for you is to go ahead and make out with girls if you want, and just hold off from having sex with any boys at all until you get older. but when it comes to sexual relations with another girl, only do it if in your heart of hearts you TRULY have a pressing DESIRE to do so. If you dont feel that, almost primal instinctive kind of impulse, dont do it, its not natural for you.

see, i bet alot of women are thinking im an ass right now, but im not. I believe that people are either born gay or are not gay. I do not believe in the term bi-sexual, because if you like the same sex, you're gay regardless of if you like the opposite sex as well, you see. Bisexual was a term invented to try to make it more socially acceptable among peers. Case in point, its not "cool" to be gay, but its "cool" for young girls to be "Bi" in American society.

now, if you are truly a homosexual through and through, and were born that way, then you are GAY! CONGRATS!

Booze it up and celebrate! :w:

I have no problem whatsoever with gay people. In fact, I like them. They're cool, fun to have around, always liven up a social setting. desirable social traits. more so than some straight people. which means .. God meant for you to be a homosexual! Yes its true! Despite the Bible and the Preachers..

.. I, a new wave gospel sharp, am telling you, that God says it is okay to be gay, if you are born that way. For if you are born that way, are you not created as such by God? You had no choice over that.. therefore it cannot be wrong. The sins of the parents cannot visit the innocent child this profoundly. No, despite what they say .. thats all rubbish. Each one is entitled to their own and a clean slate on their consciousness.

The Bible was written during a time that the majority of NON Christian males living in civilized society, comparable to our own minus the technology, were Gay. Romans .. Spartans.. Greeks.. Lydians.. Ephessians .. all of em, the normal thing was male on male for pleasure. Only did they have sex with women for reproduction, and even then, the most attractive things that the woman could wear and appear as were of a male nature or boyish nature. Short cut hair, mens outfit .. bet you didnt know this huh?

So naturally, when Paul visits these places to preach, hes going to try to focus in on that one thing, because it was blatantly prevalent; that many men could not all be naturally gay. No, that was a product of a "incorrect way". Think about it.. bunch of guys sitting around, primitive, drunk. They cant get any butt.. so what do they do? One night they're REAL horny .. so they turn on themselves. Then next time they cant get any, they do it again, realizing that .. a climax is a climax. And thats probably how that started in the Greek and Roman world. Nobody knows for sure. But they werent all natural.

God accepts natural Gays. And only you know if you're a true Homosexual. Only you remember your own memories and can trace who you were crushing on all through your days since toddlerhood, be it innocent crushing or not. And if you are truly Gay, you are accepted for who you are.

But if you feel like you arent truly gay, that you feel kind of uncomfortable or weird when performing these kinds of sex acts .. then just stop, because its not the true way for you. Only go with the truth.

Cant go wrong with the truth. The truth is better than Gold. It's sharper than a Katana. It's heavier than guilt. It's brighter than the Sun.

[edit on 9/15/2007 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetUpKid

I want justifications of why its so wrong, and how its harmful. Just because im not reproducing, doesnt mean millions of others arent. And those people are straight, and are reproducing because its how they feel towards someone else, and its what they want. And this is how i feel, and what i want but i cant even let anyone know.

I have nothing agaisnt gay or bi so i'm not sure why people don't accept them as much. I think this has been brainwashed into people by religion. It's so deep it's hard to not feel that way.

reply to post by depth om

Isn't god all knowing? Doesn't he know all?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I see where you are coming from as well. I know a lot of people are bi curious during the teenager years, but all the people i know like that only started when their hormones began changing as a teen. My feelings have always been this way for the same sex. I know im young, but I know this is something that could stay.

I would never make out with another girl, just to see if it was cool or whatever. I actually wouldnt even do it to be sure of my sexuality. The only way i would make out, or do more is if i really cared for that person, and knew they cared about me the same way too.

With that being said, my best friend who i have feelings for.. Sometimes i feel that she feels the same for me. We live in an age where its hip to make out with the same sex and video tape it, which i find stupid.

I believe THAT is just disrespectful because the majority do not even like the other person or care for them.

Anyway, my friend told me that she has a secret. She told me that shes always had it, but she will not say because it will make my friends and i have a different perception of her. And it would probably make situations awkward after that. She said shes hinted it to us before, and that we always assumed she was joking and that once she saw our reactions, she acted like she was being sarcastic.

sometimes those things make me question if she has the same feelings for me. But then i think i just am setting myself up for dissapointment.

I am not doing this to be "cool" or to experiment. I am doing this because i really just dont find guys to be all that interesting as more than friends. I really dont see the big hype in relationships anyway, but as far as having feelings for someone whether or not im dating them; i cant change that.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Its lust, and is a descision I believe.

" Im better than most christians in school "

not without humility, its just a form of full of your selfness.

everything is Gods grace. Thats why you have a conscience I suppose right?

I grew up around evil kids who would throw rocks at peoples heads for fun, and beat people up in gangs for laughs.

Gang members are evil and will kill you for initiation.

when I was younger I was a lazy rotten bad attituded kid, before I had Gods grace.

some people dont have any grace which is love, grace is love.

Now having said that, I believe the attitude of

(im still good without following God )

is a form of pride of being able to do stuff without him.

Trust me form experience, his grace holds every breath we take, I know this from being hospitilized by panick attack. its also a part of my faith that he sustains every breath.

Now if you don't believe, then live in your sins and thats your choiuce.

But if you do believe in the bible, you have to humble yourself out to God, who created everything, I think he would know something about our bodies.

Ifact in the smallest cell out of trillions cells in our body, the simplest one contain over 500 pages of encylipdie britanica of information.

He made us, and made even the idea of beauty ect..

So, if you do believe in him, and still say hes wrong than its rebeliion.

You see the souls in the Nt and the saints humbled themselves out and put themselves below their creator.

In the bible it says that man shall not sleep with mandkind.

Now I have freinds that are men and I love them, but strickly as brothers, when you take it to a point of unnatural sex than its an offense against God.

also in the bible it says that God has given their minds up to shamefull affections and they have these lustful desire because of possesion of lust.

From experience when I was younger I had all types of things nasty running from my mind, but I used to sin daily, sometimes many times a day, and I could feel the lust taking over my soul.

once you sin, somthing the world doesnt believe in anymore, you let satan in, and your state of soul gets more lustful and lustful until you lose all spirituality.

The choice is, going all the way to sex man with man ect..

feelings can happen, but unnatural sex is against God and is a choice.

I have feelings all the time with women I see and meet, but I have a choice to consent or not consent.

But if you dont believe in the bible then why does this matter to you?

Do what you will, but dont tell christians and God who said its wrong, because its not to us or God.

Btw, cursing is a light offense. God has venial and mortal sins.

God Bless you.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
GUK You don't have to justify yourself to anyone. People who preach any kind of hatred or bigotry in the guise of religion are just spewing their own prejudices and fears with a false veneer of authority.

Depth om, I can see your religion much more clearly than you can. You are immersed in the dream, and I am outside of it. What I am saying here is coming from a place of rationality, which faith/belief is not. Which is why I understand what you're saying and reject it, and you can't understand what I'm saying at all. There are certain people whose posts I don't read because there is no use in arguing with them. You have to share a version of reality in order to have discourse in it, and I'm afraid that our versions of reality are so far apart they are nearly different galaxies.

Now, if you don't mind, instead of derailing this thread by arguing with me, why not offer words of encouragement and love to your Christian brother here, who feels rejected by others of your faith.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Jesus is truth.. Sorry, but your post did not make any sense. Most of it atleast.
You believe what i am doing is out of lust? How can that be if i just said i could go throughout life not performing any sexual act, and still be happy because i am attracted to a girls PERSONALITY?

Once again, you don't make sense.
It seems like anyone against homosexuality finds ways to try to defend how its bad, and none can ever really make sense.

Wouldnt unnatural sex also consist of sex before married, or someone your in love with? Do you think they are going to hell too?

How about the rising number of divorces? You do know getting divorced is a sin, unless its something serious like getting beaten by your husband or something of that. Are they going to hell too and rebelling against God?

Just because you believe in God, doesnt mean you have to believe the rule book.
A lot of things in the bible do not add up. But i guess you have the right to tell me that i wont get into heaven unless i believe in the bible. Correct? Although, those that read the bible, but go out of their way judging others and trying to tell them whats right and wrong will be entered nice and freely into the gates of heaven.

I dont think so.
Anyway, i still respect your opinion.

I am just interested in knowing how exaclty being attracted to her personality, and being in love with it, is lusting after her? I dont think so.

And when i said im better than most christians, that wasnt to sound conceited at all. I meant by most choices I make.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
From what I understand of the Bible, there is nothing wrong with being born gay. What the Bible considers sin is the act of homosexual sex, as far as I understand. I don't agree with the idea of 'original sin' at all, and labelling those born gay as sinners is basically the same thing. There is a lot of debate that I've seen between the gays are born/gays make a choice, and I think that most gay people are born that way. Some may choose, but I think that they are probably a very small minority.

Think of it this way. No Christian would ever say that being born heterosexual is wrong, yet that same Christian would, if he/she follows their Bible, condemn fornication and adultery. I think it's the same way with homosexuals. I believe being born homosexual is not a sin, but homosexual sex is.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with loving somebody of the same gender. I'm not sure whether you love this person as a friend or whether it is something more romantic or what. Fathers feel love for sons, mothers for daughters, brothers for brothers, sisters for sisters; that is normal. Friends can have close friends and strong feelings for the same gender all the time; there is nothing wrong in this.

You mentioned earlier that you 'find guys sexually attractive, but I am never attracted to their personalities.' I may have missed it, but I don't see anywhere that you say you are sexually attracted to women. It's hard to tell from just text, but if I had to make a judgment, you really don't appear to me to be gay/homosexual. I could be wrong though.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

but you would believe wrong. the science shows it's not a choice, nor is it lust. it's who the person is attracted to, they can't choose that.
as a heterosexual male i don't choose to be attracted to women... i just am. the feminine form is what attracts me.

if homosexuality is a choice.. then heterosexuality would be a choice as well...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

but you would believe wrong. the science shows it's not a choice, nor is it lust.

As madness says, the science proves it isn't choice. Don't get me wrong, some people choose to be gay either for attention, or to rebel, or to be unique. But most gay people don't have a choice, its just the way they're wired. I was born with black hair and brown eyes, I didn't decide to have them. GetupKid was born bisexual, she didn't decide to be.

GetUpKid... just forget it. You seem like a nice girl and anyone who is with you, male or female, will be a lucky person. I hope that as time goes on, you realise that the opinions of others, especially those who treat you negatively, can just slide off you like water off a duck's back.
My personal opinion on homosexuality or bisexuality is.... so what? Some guys engage in sex with other guys... so what? Some girls engage in sex with other girls... so what?
I have several gay friends and I always, ALWAYS get angry when people who are... ignorant... refuse to change in front of them, or won't tie their shoes because they believe gay guys will have sex with any man they meet.

Its about time people got with the new millennium and just accepted that gay's here to stay.

[edit on 16/9/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
According to christianity, sex is meant for a man and a woman, a union of the flesh. So if a gay man or woman is striving to live in accord with Gods ways, they should realize this and act accordingly. Without Christianity, it is simply an alternate way of doing things.

A man or woman who enjoys and pursues sexual gratification with their same sex, is in the same boat as any who have divorced, or cheated, or had pre-union sex. Adultery.

I love every human for what they are, my brother, my sister. I am no better than the worst of us.

Come one, come all! God is waiting for all of us.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You guys must realize that the bible has been re-written a few times. Who knows what were the translators agendas before translating.

Just because you believe in God, doesnt mean you have to believe the rule book.

Well, follow the rule book, but follow the passages which will apply to you. Follow the 10 commandments, be a good and loving person. You have no choice in how you are born, if you were born a homosexual and want to be a Christian you can. At least you are trying your hardest to be the best person you can be.

I hope this helped.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
A man or woman who enjoys and pursues sexual gratification with their same sex, is in the same boat as any who have divorced, or cheated, or had pre-union sex. Adultery.

actually... adultery is only cheating in a marriage.
divorce?
now that's just ridiculous. you'd have people stuck in abusive relationships should end their life... even quite literally in some cases.

now...
pre-union sex is actually called "fornication"
get your fundie talk right.

however... i have a question for you about "union"
why is it that your god-ordained union results in a higher divorce rate than an atheist "union"

and why are homosexuals made the way they are if they aren't supposed to pursue those feelings?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join