It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American media missed the most important part of Osama bin Laden's videotape message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Mr. Mir, the only reporter to interview bin Laden in the wake of 9/11, said that the text of bin Laden's address may have been redacted by government sources since a significant portion of it was not aired by major American news outlets.

In the unaltered message, according to Mr. Mir, bin Laden says: "We must sacrifice our lives to attack the enemy." This statement, Mr. Mir points out, is a call for suicide attacks to take place throughout the United States - - a call that was erased from official transcripts of the videotape.

Mr. Mir said that he had been informed by leaders of the Taliban in Afghanistan that al Qaeda's long-planned American Hiroshima - - a nuclear attack on seven to ten U.S. cities - - will occur in 2008 but could come sooner.

They are waiting for the proper time. They want the U.S. to be involved in a mass killing of Muslims, so that they will have some justification.

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 15/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hmm, that is an interesting take on Bin Laden's motives and reason why the message was edited. However, something just doesn't add up to me. I am not certain how much you buy into non-earth intervention and the presence of the Illuminati, and I will try not to tax your patience here, but there are far too many interested parties who would not stand for such an outcome. I mean, if you believe in non-terrestrial beings who have been showing interest in Earth's development at all, or in that there could be a powerful organization affecting the movement of this planet's governments, don't you think that this nuclear holocaust in the name of Islam would counter some resistance? Look at this from the perspective of the Illuminati, do you honestly think that they would allow all their centuries of control and manipulation to end in a bright flash of nuclear winter? I am sure that ATS has hosted many discussions on the supposed missile silos that have been neutralized after only a few minutes flyby by unidentified craft that were confirmed by staff monitoring those facilities at the time. Sure, I am not putting it past the members of radical Islam to try something so psychotic, however I am fairly sure that this possibility has been considered by many who do not wish their actions to be known, and the massive destruction you are speaking of, will most likely face rapid and incredibly hostile resistance (or they could neutralize the warheads from space in a matter of moments, if you are willing to accept that possibility).

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM

Well, then I guess theres only one conclusion. There are no aliens.

But considering the stolen nuke and the inevitable war with Iran I think its safe to say the only thing certain is there will be a nuclear launch in our lifetimes.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Normally, I expect people to disagree with what I have to say at least in some shape or form, regardless of how hard to swallow it may be as everyone has their own opinions and perspectives. However, if you say that there is only one conclusion, then you are obviously not looking at other conclusions, because there are many alternatives to what I said without automatically denying the existence of non-earth based civilizations, or that a nuclear attack is inevitable. Possible or likely is not the same as no alternative.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well perhaps Russia plans to step in with one of their F-16 launched eco-friendly vacuum bombs that could in essence take out all of our infrastructure and still leave the area suitable for rebuilding and continuity of oil production. As for alien intervention, we are not even close, not for 8-10- decades, that is if we survive that long. They may have the capability to do a mass cleanup afterwards though.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
i think there is more to these tapes than we realize. and quite frankly i believe that if our gov wanted to get bin laden we would get him. unfortunatly for us he still serves a purpose to the people that are in power.

the fact of the matter is we dont know the inner workings of our own government or that of bin ladens organization. so the best thing we can do is be prepared for the worst if it happens.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well Antar, what makes you so sure that they are 8-10 years away? Not that it can be confirmed, but 2012 is a possible date for change which is one that feels more likely to myself, and factoring in that the actual technology levels of the various civilizations is still unknown, I doubt that claim can be backed up with hard evidence (at least the Maya & Aztec calenders vaguely point to 2012 as a possible date for something). Yet of course, a gut feeling or calenders that end do not prove crap so to speak, and I personally doubt that Russian assault theory is going to happen either. However, until proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, many ideas could be given some possibility merely due to the uncertainty that comes without knowing the future, however at least you are providing options rather than stating that there is only one outcome merely because you can.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Digitalgrl, I agree entirely with you. Preparedness for the worst, even if it is just mental acceptance of the possibility of this kind of destruction, allows us all to move forward with our lives, even if our hands are tied. Then, options will eventually reveal themselves despite the relative lack of control and information that we currently possess.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Talk radio covered this exact thing.
It's the Main Stream Media that kept saying OBL is no threat.

Tell me, who you gonna believe?

Wake up Fellow Sheeple, If these people are ready and willing to die for their cause then I say it's about time we give them what they want and freakin' accommodate them all!

Heck even France, of all the US bashing countries, is finally waking up to the threat these primitive people pose.

Trust me, OBL does not want to sing Kumbaya with the Pacifists.

Nuff said

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I mean, if you believe in non-terrestrial beings who have been showing interest in Earth's development at all,

If such special interests are actually in play, dont you think they would have stopped, or at least interfered with, the development of such devices as the A bomb, the H bomb, and the Nutron bomb?

Would it not stand to reason, that if we create and test these devices, that we intent to use them?

I believe we are visited, but i believe they will do nothing but observe.

or in that there could be a powerful organization affecting the movement of this planet's governments, don't you think that this nuclear holocaust in the name of Islam would counter some resistance? Look at this from the perspective of the Illuminati, do you honestly think that they would allow all their centuries of control and manipulation to end in a bright flash of nuclear winter?

I dont believe in the Illuminati, but i do believe in International Corporate Finance acting as a parasite, sucking dry its host contry (in this case the US) then moving on to the next most powerful country to continue the cycle.

On topic: Its hard to say really, what the story is with these video's. Im sure they are edited, but as to what is edited out and who's agenda it serves is a hard set of questions to answer. I do believe there is a threat from radical Islam and OBL. But i do not fully believe a nuclear strike is in their best interest. To me, it seems that a nuke would only galvanize world opinion against their struggle and cause. Of course, that is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

If such special interests are actually in play, dont you think they would have stopped, or at least interfered with, the development of such devices as the A bomb, the H bomb, and the Nutron bomb?

Would it not stand to reason, that if we create and test these devices, that we intent to use them?

I believe we are visited, but i believe they will do nothing but observe.

In answer to that, I firmly agree that observation and allowing our civilization to develop (including all of our mistakes), is the first and foremost goal of these peoples. However, making a stupid weapon or even stealing one is not the same as using it. Yes, I agree that if I were in their position, I would take more immediate steps to insure that the possibility of these weapons didn't happen, and I would have done everything in my power to keep them from ever being as much as a threat as they are. However, I feel that coming from the perspective of strict non-interventionism, if a focus group (us for instance) allows (even by just not stopping them) their governments to build weapons of mass destruction, or others to steal them, then they will just have to live under the shadow of thermonuclear war, and until someone truly stupid pushes the red button, they will do nothing, and even then it is an extremely small matter of making sure the button just doesn't work without revealing one little thing about themselves. Of course this is highly speculative, but I do believe that this idea deserves at least some contemplation time, no matter what you decide on, as long as you make up your own mind on the matter (not that I am saying you are not). Also, I think that as long as someone is willing to intelligently and in a friendly manner discuss topics presented (which you are), opinions are very valuable and can give incredible insight into many matters and issues, no matter how unlikely or controversial they may be.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by GideonHM]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Where to start. First off I don't even know if that IS actually OBL... (Isn't he supposed to be dead by now or in a CIA office building or something?)

Second, IF in fact this was deleted from the official transcripts, the question is, WHY? Wouldn't they want the "sheeple" to be more afraid from the threats made by suicide bombings.

If this is true, that he did in fact say that they are planning on suicides(in you're words) then I do not believe that they would have cut this out.. with out a doubt, they would not have cut that out.

They want to instill as much fear in the public mind as they can, this would be something they would not with hold.

So to conclude, I would have to question your source or you.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Could you please restate what you said? I just don't understand what you are trying to say or to whom you are speaking.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Could you please restate what you said? I just don't understand what you are trying to say or to whom you are speaking.

Ok, never mind I had just woken up. I must have been having an occluded moment.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Like i said before, it's so hard to know what the hell is going on anymore. ATS has been predicting dates of doom and disaster for so long now and so far very few have even happened. im not criticizing it im merely stating that we maybe dont know as much as we think we do. and if this is some big conspiracy, which wouldnt surprise me if it was, they would want to make it pretty mucky and complicated for us to figure out right? and so far it has been. one moment we see an action doneby our gov. like editing a section in this tape and we all have 100 reasons for why they could have done it. maybe they are just doing things along the way to throw us off. to make us percieve things in a certain way. or maybe it isnt some big conspiracy at all. does it really change anything either way?

let me clarify. For the sake of argument let us say that

Our governement really is trying to keep us safe but OBL and his crew, and the iranian gov are just prooving to be much harder adversaries than we thought. some thing big could happen but we dont know what and our gov is working hard to figure out what it is.

what can we conclude: there is still a major threat we have to worry about. and we are at the wims of our governement if we aren't prepared. islamic fundies are still trying to kill us and our governement may take extreem measurements that infringe on our liberties out of fear and a need to maintain control which means we have to watch them closely.

ok lets look at this scenario

911 was an inside job in so much as that the gov knew about it before hand and let it happen so we would all be duped into getting into a war with iraq and later iran.

what can we conclude: our gov. cant be trusted. and islamic fundies are still out to kill us. and instead of fear and control being the motivator for our gov to stamp out our liberties it is the need of empire: expanision of power, money and oil.

as far as i see it both scenarios suck for us. and both are going to have a lot of red tape and complicated information for us to go through in order to piece it all together. and unless we can get our hands on some classified documents or listen in on private conversation between those in power we are only going to be able to disect this so far.

now im not saying we shouldnt try to make some sense out of this..what i am saying is that we should be prepared in the midst of our inquiry. and as we can see with glenn becks special on the perfect day with the schools, or our response on 911, we arent prepared for jack when it comes to a terrorist attack on this country. what good is it if we figure out all of the inner workings of the plan but have no way to protect ourselves?

and i for one, dont understand why our gov or alot of the american people dont see the logic in this.

Thanks!!
Digitalgrl

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
As for alien intervention, we are not even close, not for 8-10- decades, that is if we survive that long.

Ahm... i believe that the case may be that the 'aliens' are waiting for a power vacuum so that we don't launch every nuke we have at them, it would explain why we've had no mass-scale contact yet.

It would be difficult to imagine a way they could stop the entire world's stockpile of nuclear bombs (isreal alone is suspected of having more than 200, according the to wiki entry) from annihilating our atmosphere in the case of official contact.

In otherwords, i'm saying that if "aliens" are aware of us - it will be the nukes that drew their attention to us.

What's the point of trying to contact us if we're just going to kill ourselves in a jerk-reaction?

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Throbber]

top topics

join