The very definition of the word liberal means freedom, so why is their so much hatred and fear directed towards liberals?
Well actually Liberal means..
1 a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth
2 a : marked by generosity : OPENHANDED b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way c : AMPLE, FULL
3 obsolete : lacking moral restraint : LICENTIOUS
4 : not literal or strict : LOOSE
5 : BROAD-MINDED; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
6 a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the
principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual
especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to
secure these objectives
Being Liberal in and of itself is not "Bad" or detrimental in anyway.
It is what Liberals have become that is offensive.
Take a look at some of the recent Liberal quotes and directions..
1. Support of legislation to silence talk radio they do not agree with. In essence the destruction of the 1st Amendment
2. Hilary Clinton, "I want to take their profits"
3. "I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become
4. One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical
revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown."
Marcy Kaptur- Democratic Representative Ohio
5. "I mean, I think, Iraqis, I think, feel that if we drove smaller cars, maybe we wouldn’t have to kill them for their oil.”
Bill Mahr - Larry King Live (November 1, 2002) (ahhh DUH)
6. "Globalization, as defined by rich people like us, is a very nice thing... you are talking about the Internet, you are talking about cell phones,
you are talking about computers. This doesn't affect two-thirds of the people of the world."
Jimmy Carter (Rich like us)
7. "by just getting the SUVs to have the same fuel economy as autos."
Barbara Boxer Democratic Rep. CA. (HAHAHAHAHA)
8. "Their idea of equal rights is the American flag and Confederate swastika flying side by side."
Julian Bond - NAACP Chairman '
That is just a few quotes and policy blunders in the most recent history of what the Liberals have become ever since they adopted their obvious
Basically they want to raise taxes, limit free speech and destroy the conservative majority at all costs.