It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone been in the Carthage Underground?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've read some people's stories about the "Underground" in Carthage, MO, and would like to know if anybody here has ever been there or has any info on it. First, how did you get in, and second what (if anything) did you find there? Ive read that if you ask an employee nicely they'll let you have a tour, but never let you see the parts where there might be something weird anyway, so what's the point of that? I just wondered if it was possible to see the strange places without working there.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
OP please elaborate on the story for those who do not know what you are writing about.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I spoke to a guy one time that claims to have been down there and had something out of the ordinary happen. I actually talked to him on the phone and recorded the whole conversation.

You can find that particular thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP, as you, I am interested to hear if anyone else has been down there. Hopefully they will post their experiences.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
dntwastetime, I don't have much info myself about the Carthage Underground, I've just read theories about it; that is the reason why I started this thread. In fact, I've read thirddensity's thread about P.G.'s supposed reptilian encounter there, so that is the main story I was talking about. But here's a link to some other articles I found that give information about what the Underground is.
www.undergroundozarks.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
americold.net...

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Snakeslayer]

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Snakeslayer]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Nobody been to the Carthage Underground or know someone who has other than thirddensity?

So, if you've been anywhere else where you saw something out of the ordinary (like a weird species of animal, possible reptilian,etc.) or know someone who has, please tell me about it here!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thirddensity

Thanks. I've read your thread previously and thought it was very interesting, and the guy you talked to seemed honest. That's actually what made me want to start this thread to see if anyone else has a similar story.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm the guy that runs Underground Ozarks, snake, and I've been to the Carthage Underground.

The thing is, there's two different places (owned by the same company) that get referred to as the Carthage Underground. The one we commonly refer to as the Carthage Underground is an abandoned underground quarry, two levels, with the lower level flooded with several feet of water.

The other one that gets referred to as the Carthage Underground is actually a place called Americold Logistics which is RIGHT next to the abandoned one. It's an active underground storage facility. There's nothing sinister about it. They do cold storage and other kinds of things there. I know people that work there. It's just an underground warehouse. That said, you can't just waltz in there (which makes the guy's story about riding ATVs or whatever in there pretty hard to swallow). They might give you a tour if you asked, though.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by whiterabbit]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whiterabbit

As a part time writer I find such things very interesting as settings for story ideas. And as person that wonders about the safety of the human race if the worst does come true, it's nice to know of such places.

I've bookmarked your web site, and will be cruising over there to see everything.

Thanks for joining us here. Stick around, this place grows on you.

PS. Thanks for bring this up, OP. And for the link to the other thread.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whiterabbit

Thanks. I might have to think about going on a tour sometime if I can ever get over there. It would be cool to see even if it turns out there isn't anything going on.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
its more than just a warehouse. trust me. why would you see government officials in the undeveloped sections of the cave. will write more after my investigation

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

In regards to the story about the reptile like creature seen in the Underground in Carthage Missouri.

I use to work at the Carthage underground as a forklift driver and I moved trailers from topside to the dock doors in the caves. I worked there for almost 2 years (2006-2008) at that time I wandered around as much as I could and as often as I could and I can tell you that I have never seen anything out of the ordanary in there. There is about 1 million square feet of storage space including parking for employees and trucks that come to pick up and drop off frozen foods, I have never seen any tunnels that would suggest an area of interest. A friend of mine told me of this encounter of reptiles in the Underground after he found it searching for paranormal stories. He asked me about it and all I could tell him is that if the story is real it is not at the carthage undergraound. I have never seen any tunnels that go as far as the story says. There is no dry food there ether, just frozen foods, like Tysons chicken and Mcdonalds nuggets, pizzas and so forth. I am not trying to disprove the claim but to enlighten all those who have read the story and ensure them that this undergraound warehouse is not the place they described. And I have NEVER seen any military personel there EVER!. I do not work for the government and I am not trying to disuade people from investigating the incedent.
To get into this place you have to have permission from the guard shack to enter the main gate. There is a second gate to enter but it is for employees only. You have to have a electronic gate key to raise the arm bar to enter. Now as an over the road truck driver I have been to the Indepenence Underground 2 time for deliveries. The way the story was discribed, it sound like it might have been there. They have very long tunnels and many twist and turns. I would like to repeat something, I am not trying to disprove the claim, just give my side of what I DO know. Please investigate this claim for I am interested in the encounter, and would like to go back there to look again for myself.
I could be wrong about the location and there may be a tunnel I do not know about, but for now I know the tunnels discribed is not at the Carthage underground. please feel free to respond to this post and if the individuals who witnessed the claim could post as well I would like to talk to them myself.
Thanks for reading and I hope to hear more about this case in the future.

top topics

join