It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 1,000,000 Iraqis murdered

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Bush said the ones dying are only the bad guys

No marg, I am sorry but that is a lie. The POTUS never said that.

If ignorance is having zero or incorrect knowledge on a given subject then you just help spread it around when you put false words into peoples mouths.

And there is so much venom and hate in your words. Even if the man is a grade A SOB, hate is still always a bad thing. And lying to make it seem like someone espoused an idea that they clearly didn’t is still a lie and is knowingly posting false information.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
One million "freedom fighters" to about 4,000 of U.S.? ...yeah thats about right.
Hey, a million, a million five, whatever it takes.
Just keep sending the ammo Blackwater will do the rest.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

How many years do you suppose it took the USA in its beginning stages to resume normalcy, or following the Civil War? It'd be nice to hear some criticism occasionally of the insurgents who are prolonging the mess, as well as that of the current administration. The blame America first rhetoric just gets old after a while, when there's plenty of blame to go around.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

You are right he never said that, the media keeps saying that.

My mistake.

Only people that can not see the wasted life of the Iraqi people and the destruction of their nation plus the wasted tax payer money used so the profiteers can make billions and don't feel anger and despair for what we have let our government do then that means not having feelings.

My worst sin is that I care, do you?

[edit on 21-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

I known my history, the civil war was within our nations inhabitants, do not compare our civil war with Iraq, because that do not apply.

Iraq was invaded and remind in occupation.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
My mistake.

Commendable marg, if I was a mod I would applaud you. Nothing is more important than the truth. I wish I could say I was as quick to correct myself sometimes when I am wrong.

My worst sin is that I care, do you?

Common Marg, unless you have had me on ignore for the last three years you know I do. I care more than you do, I grantee it. How can I be so sure? Because I have been there, I have seen it first hand, I have accidentally killed and wounded the innocents you care so much about. I actively and personally contributed to the violence you have such a problem with.

I care more than you know. It makes me physically ill sometimes. Some days I can’t leave the house, others I have to blame my constantly wet eyes on allergies.

Add to that my father is in Iraq, one of my brothers is in Iraq, and another was medivaced to Germany last week because he lost a foot from an IED. I visit my mother at least twice a week and there isn’t a dry eye in the house.

You don’t have a monopoly on caring, and your caring and my caring are two different things.

My caring isn’t academic.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You know I lost family members to war for this nation, no in Iraq but still is hard no to be angry when wars are fought in false pretenses.

I guess I have missed your post where you are expressing yourself about the war.

Iraq has become a pot for anybody that wants to make money because is not longer about the people but the money to be made at the expenses of the the Iraqis and our soldiers serving there.

You can never find me talking ill about our troops because I come after a from a family of people that has been in the service the last one, my brother and I ended up marrying one.

My anger is with what this war in Iraq has been turned into and that we the people has allowed to happen.

My anger is with the deceiving tactics and lies and how easily people fall for it.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
hey guys im an assyrian from iraq and i moved from the country around 15 yrs ago and now living in australia we have some family over there i have 2 kuzins that were killed outside there house while playing soccer by soldiers of the war there dad watched them get killed he could do nothing these were ordinary kids one aged 15 other aged 10 one shot in the head the other in his chest hearing this story made me think is anyone safe over there? there are thousends of uncounted deaths we should know that the goverment hides to much im new ats member so hope my first post was good thx for listening

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SoFunkyMe

Your post is very good, just be careful when using the net short cuts, here as you can see we have to write everything in completed sentences.

As you can see for the posting in my thread is not easy for many Americans to think that our own government may be hiding something from us.

But many here like me knows better, is call deceptions and lies.

The middle east will never be safe for many years to come.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
yeh tru sorry about that ay.

well we from australia most of us want the australian troops out of the war though if thay are there to start the reconstruction of iraq then maybe thay should but i think the goverments have done enogh allready but its not worth pulling them out now if the work aint done i believ the country should be fixed well and maybe it will be a very safe place but we dont know wene that will come

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Its going to take the iniciative of the Iraqi people, to do that, but as long as our nation keeps meddling with their affairs nothing is going to fix their nation.

Sad but truth.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
true ay what thay need is more agencys that help people and security then thay can start getting the country more safe and all i dont know are the americans in eat for the iraqis safety still or for other things such as oil i been thinking about it alot

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Oil is a big factor right now oil production is none existent and the reconstruction has been limited to the mutibillion dollar embassies and bases that the US is making.

The US companies wants to keep most profits that is why no contracts has been awarded because this will make the Iraqis slaves to this companies for 25 years.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
The war in Iraq is about five years old - that is 60 months. For there to have been 1,000,000 Iraqi deaths since the start of the war there would have to be an AVERAGE of over 16,600 per month, every month. As horrible as things are in Iraq, I haven't seen any CREDIBLE reports from anyone of 16,000 deaths per month.

Come on people, no matter what you think of the US or President Bush these numbers are just not credible. The word "propaganda" comes to mind.

My feelings exactly, and I spent over a year there, and the true number is around 2000 to 3000 per month.

Since this is like so many other posts, even the Tazer posts (geez), that all seem to turn into an “I hate Bush” post let’s just back this up a little.

So the US gets slammed for not preventing the genocides in Africa, and I spent some time there too and that place make Iraq look like Disneyland. We can’t stop it, for EVERYONE there wants to kill everyone else, and if we do go in they will all fight us for their right to kill each other.

So now we go into Iraq and free the people from an oppressive society and instead of forming their own version of democracy they just want to kill each other too, and so we are blamed once again. Now add that Iran, Syria and who knows else are trying their best to prevent a success story in Iraq for they know that if we leave they will then be able to rape, pillage and plunder the region, and this also means all the Shiites and Kurds will be killed to bring everyone under the Iran Sunni rule. Now because of their involvement and the lack of the Iraq people to do anything about it we are in a five year nation building struggle.

Finally though the Iraqis are starting to understand that there is an enemy out there trying to get them and it is not their neighbor, and so after five years they are finally fighting on the US side against these other forces. In the next year we will hopefully see more drastic improvement, but it is really up to them if they succeed. We are doing everything we can to help them, but they must walk on their own one day and soon.

The bottom line is we did Iraq a favor by removing Saddam, but they didn’t do anything with that favor. Sometimes people cannot handle freedom when they get it the first times in their lives. If you really want to blame someone blame Iran for most of the deaths in Iraq. They not only provide the weapons, equipment, training, recruiting and monies to keep the struggle going they also dictate to the Sunnis in the country what violence to do.

I’m glad I do not play darts with many posters on ATS for if their aim at darts was as good as their aim in their posts they might stick me in the butt as I stand behind them.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

there is just better ways to solve things instead of war saddam maybe did do bad things yes but look what the war did it did way more damage den ever to the country my dad said it was a good place to live even though we are assyrian from there but now u cant live there being assyrian it flamed the ppl to start killing each other

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
One million deaths? I don't believe that for one second.

www.iraqbodycount.org... puts the number of documented civilian deaths from violence between 73,390 and 79,999.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
thats documented deaths how many not on the record with a country like that soldiers killing for the fun of it it happens in war i rekon what the post says or more

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In a news conference at Bagram air base in Afghanistan in March 2002, General Tommy Franks said: "We don't do body counts." His words outraged the Arab world.

www.cbc.ca...

So the death count that stands today doesn't come close to the reality of the number of deaths, because it wasn't actually been kept until 2005.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by marg6043

Just a few weeks ago were reports of how Al-Queda has completely regained it's strength, even after the deaths of over 1,000,000 people.

Sad...

Their are two ways to defeat an enemy, kill them all, or turn them to your side. If your enemy is one person and you kill him, his brother and sister just became your enemy, you just doubled the size of the resistance.

If you turn your enemy to agree with you, he can tell his brother and sister of this new truth and you just got three more on your side. Its hearts and minds.

Of coarse to win them over you either need to vaguely care about their interest, or have one heck of a propaganda machine.

For those that argue it is 50,000 deaths not 100,000 how does that really change things, it is still 50,000 deaths, and lots of grieving angry people.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoFunkyMe
there is just better ways to solve things instead of war saddam maybe did do bad things yes but look what the war did it did way more damage den ever to the country my dad said it was a good place to live even though we are assyrian from there but now u cant live there being assyrian it flamed the ppl to start killing each other

I understand your point, but one should ask why there was less violence under Saddam, and the answer is because a small minority ruled the country out of fear, and so the vast majority was imprisoned because of their well founded fear of the brutality of Saddam. For some it wasn’t a bad life, but for many it was hell.

All the US did was remove that evil person and his two mass murdering sociopathic sons. That was the war and that was when the war ended. The Damage from the war would have been easy to rebuild. The huge amount of rebuilding by the US alone is just crazy, but that doesn’t fix the problem that the Iraqi people cannot handle this new found freedom and so they have created their own prison of fear once again.

Now with that said even though removing Saddam was a good thing would the US have done it again if they could have seen five years in the future? The answer is no for the US greatly underestimated the level of sectarian violence that the removal of Saddam has caused. It was estimated that maybe a year at most, but as the country would rebuild itself that violence was suppose to dropped off and life for all would slowly get better and better under a democracy.

I think one of the biggest problems with Americans is we really can’t comprehend that level of hate. A level so great that a person would be willing to kill themselves just to kill a group, a hate that would drive a group to blow up markets full of women and children, a hate that would drive a group to enter a small town and kill everyone they can find. This is something that Americans think freedom and a chance for a good life would extinguish such intense flame of hate, and we were so wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join