It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 1,000,000 Iraqis murdered

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Behind the invasion and democratization of Iraq hides the realities of the struggles for survival of the people that are the citizens of Iraq, people like you and me with hopes, dreams, families and a life.

But this area that is the most important part of the Iraqi nation its people seems to be forgotten amid the war on terror and fighting the so call insurgency.

In the week in which General Patraeus reports back to US Congress on the impact the recent ‘surge’ is having in Iraq, a new poll reveals that more than 1,000,000 Iraqi citizens have been murdered since the invasion took place in 2003.

www.opinion.co.uk...

Perhaps amid the missing in Iraq are the ones that had fled the country trying to keep their families together and away from harm.

After the so call wining in Iraq that our president is pushing over and over I wonder for whom he most win Iraq for.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.iraqbodycount.org...

I usually prefer this. Not some poll just having 1,400 people where ever they did the survey at. Go to Northern Iraq and it be lower, go south its lower, go central its higher. So its uncredible.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

How can someone honestly sleep at night knowing that they are responsible for the deaths of over 1,000,000 people?

And we're supposedly fighting against terrorism for freedom by slaughtering innocent people, and then ridding ourselves of freedom.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You know, with all the death counts that where given every month from Iraq, no all of them are insurgency, foreign fighters or terrorist.

But we do not get the monthly counts anymore because they were getting to high to match the so call tolls kept by the government.

But the truth can not be keep hidden anymore.

I believe that Iraq has lost more than half the population by now due to, deaths and chosen exile.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Just a few weeks ago were reports of how Al-Queda has completely regained it's strength, even after the deaths of over 1,000,000 people.

Sad...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

There is at least one error in that statement. The US has said, 'We don't do body counts'.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Bring 'em on, mission accomplished
sarcasm

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

None 78%
One 16%
Two 5%
Three 1%
Four or more 0.002%

Given that from the 2005 census there are a total of 4,050,597 households this data suggests a total of 1,220,580 deaths since the invasion in 2003.

With my mathematical mind, I immediately noticed that this polling system fails to take into account the cases where the entire household was killed and no one lived to take the poll. That suggests to me that the number of deaths could be even higher.

I'd like to see some hard census data on things like birth/death rates and population totals in Iraq for the last few decades, and particularly since the invasion, if it exists, which in recent years it likely does not.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The majority of deaths are clearly coming from Muslim on Muslim killing, Iraqi on Iraqi, Shea on Shea,Shea on Sunni, Sunni on Sunni, and Al Qaeda just killing on mass.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

That is exactly what I was going to say, US can not be accounted for all those murders. Most of those murders are from sectarian violence. But it should somewhat be blamed on the US, I mean when Saddam was the leader, they had so much less deaths. I used to live in Iraq, I was born there. It used to be very peaceful, but being a Christian it would have been very tough for us.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

How can someone honestly sleep at night knowing that they are responsible for the deaths of over 1,000,000 people?

And we're supposedly fighting against terrorism for freedom by slaughtering innocent people, and then ridding ourselves of freedom.

So a subjective poll is considered an accurate measure of the number of Iraqi casualties? I find it interesting the willingness to readily accept statistics so long as they're pessimistic enough.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Actually the account of death and exile goes now on the 4 millions but occurs we most accept what our own government tells us, Iraq is nothing more than the garden of eden.

Yes is violent but that's Ok only the bad guys are dying, got to love the way the words are used by the media.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Just a few weeks ago were reports of how Al-Queda has completely regained it's strength, even after the deaths of over 1,000,000 people.

Sad...

Those deaths could actually make terrorist organisations stronger. War and violence generally increases the amount of people pushed to take extreme actions.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The war in Iraq is about five years old - that is 60 months. For there to have been 1,000,000 Iraqi deaths since the start of the war there would have to be an AVERAGE of over 16,600 per month, every month. As horrible as things are in Iraq, I haven't seen any CREDIBLE reports from anyone of 16,000 deaths per month.

Come on people, no matter what you think of the US or President Bush these numbers are just not credible. The word "propaganda" comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The Bush administration since the beginning of this war made sure that it would not hold taps on civilians death.

In a news conference at Bagram air base in Afghanistan in March 2002, General Tommy Franks said: "We don't do body counts." His words outraged the Arab world.

www.cbc.ca...

The Iraqis in the hospitals were also trying to keep the count on the death and the Iraqi government forbid them to do so.

So as you can see is the keeping of the death had been stomped by our own administration, then in 2005 our government started to released some numbers.

Many organizations keep track of Iraqi casualties — but no one knows the correct number for sure.

Iraq violence, in figures

news.bbc.co.uk...

So In other words the only true count is the ones that the Bush administration has been keeping and we should not believe anything else.

I guess you will be the jugde to what is happening.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

There is at least one error in that statement. The US has said, 'We don't do body counts'.

I believe they meant "We don't do accurate body counts, so we don't have to defend the ones we do keep track of for public consumption by the sheeple of America"

If a foreigner dies and nobody hears about it did it happen?
Yes it did, willfull ignorance is not an excuse to being compliant in supporting this war.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Many organizations keep track of Iraqi casualties — but no one knows the correct number for sure.

Iraq violence, in figures

news.bbc.co.uk...

So we should believe that the figure is a ridiculously high number because whatever Bush says must be wrong? That's kind of a stretch in logic. The simple fact is that just because you have policy differences with someone, doesn't mean that everything they say is always wrong. To assume that only the media sources that publish the high numbers are telling the truth, because the MSM has obviously been "gotten to" by the Bush Machine, is sketchy. Remember when assuming that you make an (ass)(u)(me). 16K civilian casualties per month couldn't be covered up PERIOD.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

By your logic my logic is wrong and occurs the precent administraiton do not do any wrong and their logic that is also the logic you base your own assumptions must be the right one.

You be the judge of you own believes or whatever you want to believe..

People in Iraq are dying but hey Bush said the ones dying are only the bad guys so we all should wave our littler American flags and be happy that democracy and liberation are making a happier Iraq.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I've never claimed that Bush doesn't make mistakes, but that's a long way from saying everything that he, the MSM, or anyone who disagrees with my views is automatically wrong. That's just not being very reasonable. I'm no fan of Bush's predecessor, but I don't believe him capable of any manner of evil no matter how great. I just disagree with him on many issues.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
One of the problems with the death count is that it can not be taken as face value I already posted that in my previews post.

But we can not truths the death count kept by the present administration, within the missing in Iraq we need to take into consideration the forced exile Iraqis that had not choice if they wanted to stay alive.

Before the Invasion it was exiles because of Saddam now the amount has double and even tripple because the violence in Iraq.

And Iraq was suppose to be made better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join