It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian President Putin Wants NATO to Dissolve

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This would be an outlandish claim if NATO wasn't such an idle organization. Seems like there's so much litigation that nothing seems to get done in a timely fashion.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
This would be an outlandish claim if NATO wasn't such an idle organization. Seems like there's so much litigation that nothing seems to get done in a timely fashion.

True!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

NATO was established to counter Russia and the threat posed by the large numbers of Soviet troops along the border of West Germany. So allowing Russia into NATO especially given their current action is total lunacy!!

4thDoctorWhoFan, I have to repeat my question,

What is the difference between Russia and Soviet Union, you obviously keep confusing the two.

Nuff said!
Seriously, do you subscribe to communist ideals?

For crying out load, and you aware of the fact that we live in the 21st century, and that USSR dissolved back in 1991?

Is this a joke?

johnsky, what is it with this guy? U2U me.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander
What is the difference between Russia and Soviet Union, you obviously keep confusing the two.

No, I'm not confusing the two.

For crying out load, and you aware of the fact that we live in the 21st century

Really? Dang, I thought it was the 17 century.

and that USSR dissolved back in 1991?

Wow, your knowledge is so unimpressive.

johnsky, what is it with this guy?

I'll tell you..... Someone with common sense who does not agree with you. Simple really.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

No, I'm not confusing the two.

So why are you keep referring to one as another?

Is this yet another cheesy way to pollute and derail the debate of the topic at hand? It’s not going to happen.

I'll tell you..... Someone with common sense who does not agree with you. Simple really.

Give me a break, pack up your tiny little violin, get of the roof and go look for idiots somewhere else, it’s not going to happen here.

Getting back in track’

President Putin called on the West yesterday to drop its “silly Atlantic solidarity” if it wanted improved relations with Russia.
He accused America and some of the countries of the EU of harbouring outdated Cold War attitudes that led to distrust, particularly on issues such as energy security and trade. Such stereotypical positions were “absolutely inappropriate” in the economic arena, he said, insisting that one source of friction – Russia’s decision to build a pipeline bypassing Poland – was not infringing anybody’s rights.
He also warned the West to stop giving Russia blanket lectures on democracy. “We will participate in any debate with our partners, but, if they want us to do something, they must be specific. If they want us to resolve Kosovo, let’s talk Kosovo. If they are worried about nuclear programmes in Iran, let’s talk about Iran, rather than talking about democracy in Russia.”

I’ll have to agree with Putin on this one, even in this ATS thread it’s obvious that some are infact “harbouring outdated Cold War attitudes that led to distrust”, and are literally stuck in the past of the 20th century.

I also agree with his stand on typicall hipocritical “lectures on democracy”, since here in America, over 70% of the population is just as sick of it.

Since Russia is a free market Democrasy, it sure is entrely their business where they want to build THEIR pipeline.

Neither would he take lectures over Russia imposing higher gas charges on Ukraine after years of Western preaching about the need for market prices. “If the West wants to support the Orange movement, let them pay for it. Do you think we are idiots?”

How’s that for OBVIOUS? Somebody finally got tired of taking NEOCON crap.

It is interesting to see how many people on this forum are still brainwashed with anti-Russian propaganda. They don't understand that Russia has come a VERY long way since 1991, but the West doesn't want to aknowledge this. Russia is still being judged by the West with Cold War mentality and its simply wrong. If the West will continue doing this mistake, the result will be disastrous for the West, not Russia.

Sounds familiar? Sure does, give it up.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

From a third party perspective, it seemed like the threats only started popping up after the US was left sole superpower, and began acting like a bully in the yard.

Aaaah....i see... So what exactly do you have to say about Putin himself stating to the whole world that he and the Russian intelligence services were giving information to the U.S. government since 9/11 and up to the beginning of the war, that Saddam was planning terrorist attacks on U.S. soil?.... Of course he claims that this was no reason for going to war, and then after the war started he set out to demonize the U.S. while giving secret U.S. troop movements to the regime of Saddam....and now the government of Russia is helping Iran anyway they can.....

But hey, the U.S. is a bully heh?....

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Yadhel]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Anyways, to get back on topic Putin alongside some others want the influence of the west to diminish, and there are people out there naive enough that think what Putin/Russia, China and Venezuela among others have in mind as plans is going to be better than anything the U.S. might have in mind for the future.....

Russia is slowly going back to it's all ways. The same old ways with some small changes and changes in names, but the same old ways none-the-less.

Here is an article which summarizes what Putin has been doing to Russia, and i recommend to read it entirely to understand what the article is trying to say.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
NATO will only end when the US dies, and therefore, the US is on Russia's top ten enemies list. Nice one Putin, you finally showed your true colors.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A world without war will be a better one.

Cold War has died for nearly two decades.

Russia now has no power and no needs to threaten the peace of the earth.

Does the existence of NATO make any sense?

[edit on 20-9-2007 by nanoha]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmxny
Yeah I guess stalin was really pushing for peace with the purges that killed millions and the occupation of eastern europe by force.

Probably not but Stalin did not have a monopoly on violence as history show clearly illustrates

And building a wall in germany so that eastern berlin could not ESCAPE to the west.

The border were as good as open for many years and it was later closed because the CIA and other western sponsored sabateurs were seriously disrupting life in East Berlin blaming it all on the 'communist'.

"Yeah really we want peace see we're sending tanks and troops to confirm our offering.." Stalin

Something like that and the communist had a great example to follow in capitalist imperialism.

Originally posted by dmxny
You know nothing about America. The news in europe is so slanted and anti US its a joke.

I think European media is far more accurate than US media and when they point fingers at the US for transgression of international law is usually more than deserved.

I was visiting family in portugal when the Oklahoma bomber was executed its amazing how much of an issue Europe made over it. In fact its kind of a joke.

Because killing a perfectly innocent man , at least of that crime, is a 'joke'?

If i were you I'd be more worried about Russia returning to its old ways.

It never really left it's old way and sometimes i wonder if their ways results in any more death and destruction than the capitalist way...

Stellar

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
NATO is an old organization that really doesn't do much. Maybe we need a new cold war to re instill our dominace in the world and kick some ass covertly.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join