It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian President Putin Wants NATO to Dissolve

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Russia and america are so similar. I can't believe no-one has seen this!

Both leaders are just power hungry, money grabbing bullies and want to own the world and/or think they do!

It worries me when stuff like this happens as america do what they want cos NATO won't do anything to stop them!

I think all wmd's should be destroyed and we should live in a world without these silly weapons as using one would destroy alot of us anyway!

The only country I really respect is switzerland, as they don't try and bully anyone and have never gotten involved in any war to my knowledge!

This all reminds me of playground fights, the two big bullies ( u.s and russia) are pushing eveyone around, IMO it would be great to rise up against these two nations as they are the real and probably only threats in the world today.

Enough rambling.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I think Putin has been taking too much vodka with his borcht IMHO

And i don't believe Jnr Bush ever stopped; it would explain why he can't seem to talk to people...

Russia/Soviet's (lets face it thats where they are heading) are becoming increasingly agressive and bombastic, and they want us to disband alliances

Since you can't invade yourself Russia have not invaded anyone and i am becoming increasingly surprised that people think Russia were communist in 1990 or that what they have been since then have much to do with communist. I know communist is used as a blanket term for anything the US and others do not like but really? How is Putin even remotely as authoritarian as so many of the dictators the US is now sponsoring all around the world?

Ask old Nevil C. about how that worked out with Hitler. "peace in our time" ring a bell.

Chamberlain well understood that there would not be peace in our time ( Britain would have been bankrupt by the end of 1939 even if there were now world war two) and the massive rearmament programs speaks volumes as to how much they knew and the political games they were playing to involve Russia and Germany in a war with each other.

IN my opinion Austria and all the other 'presents' were given away to ensure that Hitler got silence the Generals that were plotting to kill him while giving him the industrial base to consider a aggressive war against a power such as the SU. Britain and France had a massive army in France and the fact that they somehow lost should not be interpreted to mean that they were always going to lose or that anyone expected Hitler to strike west first...

Both the bear and the Dragon have to be watched very very closely.

Bit late now but i suppose finally waking up to a three decade old reality will have to do.

Stellar

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

the US is leading is to a cold war, not russia!
its a peace offering from putin, but the people dont see it once again.
stalin wanted peace, too. but the allies wasted the offering.
western policy depends on crime only.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I feel like you are not achiving anything with your slander. I have been lurking here for sometime, when i saw your writings i just had to register and reply. In many forums i have visited, there are always people that slander and call people names. I disagree with your points about communist russia, i live in Finland and know alot about Russia cause we are neighbours. Almost all people here in Finland hate Russia, because of our mutual wars, BUT Russia is not what it used to be, and times have change. I must say that these days i really strongly hate USA and i'm starting to like Putin and Russia. Putin is like a chess player and Bush is just another American Idiot. I really think it's time for someone to give a lesson to USA.

However i would like to point out that i do not hate American people, just the administration. If you think about it, how could they re-elect this fool, go figure. Also my primary language is not english, so forgive me for my typos.

FaxMachine

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
They invaded Chechnya. But then they couldn't afford to invade since Afghanistan.

They didn't "invade" Chechnya, for crying out loud.

I suppose you think chechnya is some little country minding it's own business until Russia came along?

It was a breakaway republic. Russia sent troops in to stop the rebellion. It wasn't an invasion. It is akin to the US Federal Government sending in troops to Utah, should they decide to try and break away...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Both the bear and the Dragon have to be watched very very closely.

From the other side, it could easily be said that the Eagle and the Lion need to be watched closely too. I prefer to watch all of these creatures, personally.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
OK Putin what about your little childish Shanghai Pact?
www.spacewar.com...

Drop NATO? Nope sorry. Years ago everyone in NATO was thinking about it, But not now.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

You do realize that the SCO is a direct response to NATO, don't you?

What's good for the goose...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cometa

Wow, why am I not surprised considering your signature line.

Do you prefer communsim over capitalism? How's your economy in Germany doing?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
How's your economy in Germany doing?

Doing quite well, by all accounts.

2.7% growth during 2006, 3rd largest economy in the world, although unemployment is a little high, but falling. Nothing to cry about.

Now, how's that crisis in the US coming along?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
lol, Nato is just a childish exclusion club.

If Putin was really out for vengeance he could easily roll over most of europe before Nato even manages to have their first counsil on what to do about it.

Clearly it's not a war Putin is after.

I don't understand why so many people bash him anyways. He resolved the problem with North Korea's nuclear program FOR you. No war, no threats, just a simple trade deal. Thats all it took.

Yet, the US on the other hand was pushing threats of military actions, trade lockdowns... in the case of Iraq, they invaded and occupied, with WMD's as merely an excuse...

who is Russia invading?

Ask yourself that and figure out who's more level headed.

Oh yeah I forgot Russia only invaded and occupied eastern europe for 40, 50 years.

Thinking that russia could role over anyone other then 3rd world nations is kind of funny.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cometa
reply to post by djohnsto77

Yeah I guess stalin was really pushing for peace with the purges that killed millions and the occupation of eastern europe by force. And building a wall in germany so that eastern berlin could not ESCAPE to the west.

"Yeah really we want peace see we're sending tanks and troops to confirm our offering.." Stalin

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FaxMachine

You know nothing about America. The news in europe is so slanted and anti US its a joke. I was visiting family in portugal when the Oklahoma bomber was executed its amazing how much of an issue Europe made over it. In fact its kind of a joke.

If i were you I'd be more worried about Russia returning to its old ways.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
2.7% growth during 2006, 3rd largest economy in the world, although unemployment is a little high, but falling. Nothing to cry about.

Now, how's that crisis in the US coming along?

What crisis?

In recent years performance has been sluggish, particularly in the ex-communist east. Unemloyment is very high in Germany and taxes are out of control. Don't get me wrong, I like Germany but saying that capitalism is sub-par to communism is ludicrous.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

What crisis?

Never mind, go back to sleep...

In recent years performance has been sluggish, particularly in the ex-communist east. Unemloyment is very high in Germany and taxes are out of control. Don't get me wrong, I like Germany but saying that capitalism is sub-par to communism is ludicrous.

I never made the comparison between Communism or Capitalism, I was just pointing out that Germany was not as bad as you made out.

Obviously, the effects of communism need to be worked out of Germany, but their economy is now picking up again. I see good things for them. Unemployment was falling last I heard.

As for taxation, you'd know, would you? As far as I was aware, only a few lonely souls on this planet understand German taxation law and they live in secret caves in the mountains, seeking guidance from the gods..... But, it isn't that much, for what you get in return.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Never mind, go back to sleep...

Just what I thought.....you have nothing. When you cannot come up with a reasoned response, just make a sly comment.

I never made the comparison between Communism or Capitalism, I was just pointing out that Germany was not as bad as you made out.

I never said you did. You replied to a question I was asking another poster who was comparing Capitalism and Communism.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It really hurts the credibility of ATS itself to allow threads like this to continue in the news section.

If you have to post the exact content of the news in the quote why can posters get away with titles that are absolutely not true?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
If you have to post the exact content of the news in the quote why can posters get away with titles that are absolutely not true?

Yeah I was wondering about that. I thought the rules are, "you've gotta post the exact title as the news piece."

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Just what I thought.....you have nothing. When you cannot come up with a reasoned response, just make a sly comment.

I've seen your posts on here prior to this little engagement, so I know your modus operandi.

What I was alluring to was the credit crunch that is currently affecting the US. How's that going?

I never said you did. You replied to a question I was asking another poster who was comparing Capitalism and Communism.

I know. I posted that to qualify my statement and replies to you for those posters who may have missed the original context. Just in case some might have thought it was I who compared communism to capitalism.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I've seen your posts on here prior to this little engagement, so I know your modus operandi.

Okay....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join