It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchipping of Alzheimer's patients begins in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

(NewsTarget) The Delray Beach, Fla.-based company VeriChip Corp. has announced plans to implant 200 Alzheimer's patients in Palm Beach County with radio-frequency identification chips as part of a pilot study to test the new technology.

The VeriMed microchip is approximately the size of a grain of rice and contains a 16-digit patient identification number, which is available to anyone who scans the device with the right technology. This number can then be entered into a database to retrieve a patient's medical information. The FDA has approved the chip for human implantation.

According to VeriChip's CEO Scott Silverman, the VeriMed chip will eventually provide peace of mind to the families of Alzheimer's patients by providing a safety net in case a patient should get lost.

"When an Alzheimer's patient gets lost, once their arm is scanned, it would identify who they are and that they are an Alzheimer's patient," Silverman said.

Source: Microchipping of Alzheimer's patients begins in Florida

So it looks like they're starting out by making it appear they're keeping your sick loved ones safe. What they don't tell you is that it's their chemicals in the food supply that causes alzheimers in the first place. So they make the population sick, demented and dilerious, then chip them to keep them safe.

I keep saying this over and over and I'll keep repeating it: Get off of the poisoned food supply and products. Go organic. It's the first thing you can do to keep yourself alive and healthy as you age.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Disgusting isn't it. Do these folk get payment for being guinea pigs or is it against any will they might have left? What's wrong with a bracelet or similar with tracking device attached if they're the type of individual to wander off, or a fence and locked gate even?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Unfortunatly, if they have their minds set to microchip us they will do it one way or another!

First it was animals, so owners wouldnt lose them. Now its people with dementia.

Well, i'm already demented but its a secret! They cant get to me! I have the antidote.

Actually isnt Bush already chipped/demented/vacant eyed looks what the chip would do to you? He receives commands. I wonder where HIS orders come from. Aliens i suppose.

We cant stop eating so they have us where they want us.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, they're not getting paid for it, they are volunteers. Here is more from the article:

All the participants in the two-year study are volunteers, and Silverman expressed pleasure with the study's reception so far.

"We had an excellent turn-out at the educational seminars and virtually 100% enrollment," he said. "This overwhelming acceptance underscores the value of the VeriMed system not only for Alzheimer's patients, but their caregivers as well."

It was really a very good ploy because who would not want to be able to keep track of their loved ones who can wander off and get hurt? It's like turning a toddler loose in the street! The part that really makes me angry is that these poor people are in this condition in the first place because of our government making them sick!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
you would think that with Alzheimers that the patients would have MRI's or CT scans. The CT snas or the MRI's would complicate the process of putting chips in those people. I think that it would hurt them more than it would help them, regardless of the identification number or the medical information. I would think that the government would stop and think... No, Wait I take that back, because they aren't exactly the most intelligent beings in the workd, regardless of what the people of the US think of them.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
you would think that with Alzheimers that the patients would have MRI's or CT scans. The CT snas or the MRI's would complicate the process of putting chips in those people. I think that it would hurt them more than it would help them, regardless of the identification number or the medical information. I would think that the government would stop and think... No, Wait I take that back, because they aren't exactly the most intelligent beings in the workd, regardless of what the people of the US think of them.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

Didn't they JUST come out and say that Verichip microchips have been linked to malignant tumors?

WTF? Whatever steps are necessary to ease us into a fascist state I guess.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
So it looks like they're starting out by making it appear they're keeping your sick loved ones safe.

Seems like it. They say it will help with Alzheimer's patients who get lost. With no GPS?

It will only help identify them once they are found. Certainly alternative motives involved.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
They have to start doing the chipping with things that make sense. The government isnt stupid (that stupid).

Little by little they will have everyone chipped. I wonder if they asked the senile population or if they asked their families? I'm sure they had to have "permission" to do it. If they are in a nursing home they should be properly supervised. If they reside at home they should also be supervised properly. There isnt any need for this extreme measure.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by annestacey

Didn't they JUST come out and say that Verichip microchips have been linked to malignant tumors?

WTF? Whatever steps are necessary to ease us into a fascist state I guess.

Yes its completely insane!! Usually this would have been scrapped straight away but it seems that the only way for them is to insert it into someone's body. Someone forgot to tell them that theres a high risk of cancer forming around the chip

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Yes its completely insane!! Usually this would have been scrapped straight away but it seems that the only way for them is to insert it into someone's body. Someone forgot to tell them that theres a high risk of cancer forming around the chip

Well since the government also profits from people having cancer, they're now killing 4 birds with one stone:

1. Give them alzheimers using chemicals in the food.
2. Microchip the alzheimers patients because they're sick and demented.
3. Make more money by treating their cancer caused by the implanted chips.
4. Decrease the population when huge numbers of cancer-ridden alzheimers patients finally keel over and die.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
With normally cared for elderly person with that condition should not get lost! What a sad excuse for chip placement. What areyoung children next because they can get lost easy?

new topics

top topics

join