It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Compare.... Alex to Adolph

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I was watching a You Tube speech posted of Alex Jones from last week.

I suggest watching only about 1-2 minutes of it (or all of it) and then watch the 2nd you tube video that is posted.

Please tell me ... make ya go .. hmmmmm

Now watch:

[edit on 15-9-2007 by CaptainObvious]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
in sociology class one of the first things you learn about is charasmatic leaders.

if every charasmatic leader was a genocidal murderer your comparison would warrant something outstanding.

as it stands it does not.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

I wasnt trying to say Alex was a genocidal murderer.
My comparison was how they both look alike in the way they speak,the arm movements..the yelling etc... I was showing how Alex Jones has the Hitler stuff down to a T. And the youngsters (all in black) are eating it up.

I am not trying to take anything away from your post though..you are correct.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

i do see what your talking about.

in both scenarios, A & A are addressing large masses of people and i think the similarity is by default how you present in these large forums.

both are talking passionately about something they believe in, and the bold arm moves are typical body language in their respective contexts.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
strange,i see what you mean...although i think alex get's a bit much sometimes when he speaks with the yelling and over talking. sometimes that can turn people off from listining to you.

i like alex but theres been a few times in a couple of interviews i heard from him on his site,and he just reamed this guest and wouldnt let the other guy talk,and yelling all the way through the interview(as much as i could stand) so i didnt even finish listing to it.

he's great at doing his research and bringing things to light,he just need's to tone it down a bit..to appeal to more people.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
omg he must be his clone, separated a birth! How is this possible, you have provided irrefutable proof that he is in fact a copy cat Hitler and is trying to sway the massive with his charismatic presence and his ability to speak in public!

Gewd jib!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Alex Jones is the same type of fire brand as Adolph Hitler was. He is anti-Masonic, just like ol' Hitler was. Yes, there are some similarities between them

six

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Not was he was implying...If you had even bothered to read the post. Why lower the hammer on Capt. O? Uncalled for if you ask me. 15 yard penalty for unnecessary ruffness.....

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
He runs his forums like hitler..
plus I think that the curse of Bush and war on our country was warranted by the peoples egotism and complacency and fascist mentality..oppression via drug wars etc. and allowed to happen by whoever God is to humble us all to kindeness towards eachother if it was possible.

I am currently trying to find out if the spirit of satan is in fact here in a man, if so he would be extremly deceptive, and many would follow him and give worship so to speak. Many people today compete for this not so honorary position. I dont think alex is anything but a witness towards the facts and has a good heart nonetheless, though i may be wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Alex gets a little more out of control than that Hitler clip. Although I'm pretty sure Adolf had his special moments.

Not sure where your going with this paticular comparison.??

Are you trying to be funny Captain?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I would say bush is more like hitler.

It's just that now we live in a politically correct world and he can't come out saying "I hate jews and Blacks" etc etc

There you go. Debunk that.

Its undeniable proof.

And before you say that I'm off topic, read some of the OP's posts, I think I remember him argueing a topic with no proof whatsoever.

Many apologies if its not you but I think I do remember.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I saw some of this streamed over the Internet last week. There was a problem with the audio. I suspect this may have been a result of Mr Jones giving the podium one too many whacks. He's a passionate guy alright, or at least appears to be.

Perhaps he is just an expressive guy. Perhaps he feels he was born to lead, and has studied the mannerisims of those gone before who managed to capture the hearts of so many. Perhaps he is completely crazy.

This thread reminds me of a quote, I thought I would share it:

If one wants to recognise effortlessly the essence of politics, let one reflect upon the fact that it was Hitler who was able to make the world hold its breath for many years. The fact that Hitler was a political genius unmasks the nature of politics in general as no other fact can.

Wilhelm Reich - The Mass Psychology of Fascism

[edit on 17/9/07 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

Bush is nothing like Hitler, even if you disagree with his policies strongly.
It's a sad commentary on the understanding of History to even draw comparisons.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
reply to post by TheOmen

really? nothing at all like him? I would beg to differ.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
reply to post by TheOmen

Well I'll give one example:

The Richstag (sorry about the spelling)
The Twin Towers............

Their policies on war

Their ambition for total world domination

and I'm sure there are more.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinityoreilly
Alex gets a little more out of control than that Hitler clip. Although I'm pretty sure Adolf had his special moments.

Hitler got pretty carried away with his speeches... Spitting and sputtering like a raving lunatic, just like ol' Alex... By the way, I used to like Alex until I noticed how, at least to me, he is not really angry, he is just seeking attention.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well I'll give one example:

The Richstag (sorry about the spelling)
The Twin Towers............

Their policies on war

Their ambition for total world domination

and I'm sure there are more.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Could you give some comparisons to Hitler's policies on war to Bush's, and examples of how Bush plans on dominating the world before his term is up?

Ram

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There is a simple reason - Leaders on TV don't need to shout...

Everyone have TV - There is no need to shout of be emotionel if you have broadcast across the globe.

The guy was also arrested the day before that speech.. They took he's bullhorn.. ect.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
Lets Compare...Alex to Adolph

Well Cap'n, kudos for hitting a new low on these forums, which has long been codified as Godwin's Law. You should be proud; it even has its own Wiki page.

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies) is an adage formulated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.

How very clever of you. You short-circuited the rule by starting out with Hitler. Guess we should now work to avoid mentioning him, or something...

And btw, a very informative and fact-filled post. Keep 'em coming.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think that the comparison in mannerisms is apt, and personally, I think they are both Judas priests. Listen to AJ for any length of time on his radio show and you’ll hear callers who are obviously set ups for an Alex rant, you’ll hear Alex go from screaming and spitting and sputtering to laughing his ass off in a split second, and you’ll hear plenty of self aggrandizement. I think that a lot of what AJ says is true, but that the leaven of disinfo is often present, and that his ultimate purpose is to add to the list of dissenters that will be interned once martial law is declared.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join