It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bounty Set Over Prophet Cartoon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Relax, kindred. Check your u2u. I'm calm about it, because I know it's baseless.

Edit to add: Remember the old adage, "don't argue with an idiot, he'll only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience".

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hi kyyuulle. It's all fair and well saying I should chill, but it's because of the ignorance, lies and hatred towards muslims and specifically Islam that countless hundreds of thousands of innocent people are being killed in Iraq & elsewhere and it's not like some of these people even care. Sooner or later this so called propaganda war against Islam is going to get us all involved and God knows where that might end up.

PS. LOL Beachcoma- Was trying to send you a U2U back, but it's not having it, but your definitely right there.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

AGAIN, where did I say all Muslims are of the radical variety. Of course there are good and honest Muslims. I have not read anywhere in this thread from anyone saying ALL Muslims are terrorists. I think you must have a bone to pick with Christianity or something because your accusations are baseless.

You obviously haven't read all the threads.

You said in your replies to me that "I" grouped all Muslims in the same basket which of course I don't and that "I" was lying.

Unless you can show a quote from me saying I think all Muslims are terrorists or show where I lied, you really should apologize for making false accusations towards me.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You said in your replies to me that "I" grouped all Muslims in the same basket which of course I don't.

Well your picture says otherwise and just shows how much respect you have for other people & their beliefs. So you can forget about an apology. There's nothing to apologise for.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by pai meiYes Islamic terrorists exist. But they did not do 9/11.

Who do you think 'did' 9/11? Please don't embarrass yourself and say the U.S. government.

I firmly believe that a sinister group of people exist in this world hell bent on dominated or exterminating us. They dont really live in the desert like most would have you believe, however their are a few sects that have been known to walk the plains of this world. They stick mostly to the Green Areas and Woods of the World, often receiving better protection then the Caves that TPTB would have you believe that they live in. Most people only get a glimpse of what this mysterious people looks like, and those who get an up close view, are often dead before they hit the ground. A photo journalist friend of mine who wishes to remain annon, has given me a very incriminating photograph of who exactly these people are. See for yourselves the face of evil.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

You said in your replies to me that "I" grouped all Muslims in the same basket which of course I don't.

Well your picture says otherwise and just shows how much respect you have for other people & their beliefs. So you can forget about an apology. There's nothing to apologise for.

Well, thats what I thought you would say and it does not suprise me even though you cannot prove otherwise.

It also shows me that you have no sense of humor whatsoever!!

I have red hair and grew up in the south (now I live in the north) so I have heard all the red headed jokes and redneck jokes and you know what, I find them funny. You are going to go crazy and insane if you don't find a sense of humor.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

i think the picture is not offensive & represents freedom of speach & expresion. when the picture was first seen it was not in an offensive picture it was freedom of western humour. if the west loses that freedom where will we be ?. unable to smile & joke ?.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by the animator

i think the picture is not offensive & represents freedom of speach & expresion. when the picture was first seen it was not in an offensive picture it was freedom of western humour. if the west loses that freedom where will we be ?. unable to smile & joke ?.

Exactly!!
Good post.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here is an update on the story:

Vilks to get police protection

Artist Lars Vilks is to be offered police protection following a statement from al-Qaeda's purported leader in Iraq offering a $100,000 dollar reward for his assassination.

The Swedish Security Service (Säpo) called in extra staff on Saturday evening to assess the seriousness of the threat directed at the caricaturist behind a controversial cartoon of the Muslim prophet Muhammad.

I got a little angry yesterday and posted something in frustration, I try to keep an even keel about things because it is never a good thing to spout off based on emotion. Once again I would like to apologize for my insensitive post.

After that episode yesterday, I logged off to get away from the emotions and watched a TV documentary show called Most Evil, in this episode they were tackling the subject of cults, (Manson, Jim Jones, and a Mormon cult leader [sorry I cannot remember his name]), and it appeared to me that these radical Islamists could be under the same kinds of brainwashing that occurred in those incidents.

One of the points is that the leaders of the cults prey on the followers' desire to be accepted. The cult gives them a sense of belonging to something bigger than themselves. As some members stated, most of the radicals come from poor homes, and hopeless situations.

It could just be me, but it was strikingly similar

If you get a chance to watch this episode I would recommend it.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
it appeared to me that these radical Islamists could be under the same kinds of brainwashing that occurred in those incidents.

It is true. I did an analysis of the phenomena quite a while back. You can find the thread here.

Also, this post explains another reason worthy of some thought.

Anyway, about your posts yesterday, it's all right. It happens to the best of us. It can be hard to keep our cool sometimes, but I've seen your other posts to know that it's not the "normal" you.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

you may well be correct in thinking that the islamic threats to sweden are in ways similar to mental illness by means of poverty & other hardships.
but also saying that my concern is that in the west its my right to make cartoons about what ever i like, & if some one gets offended so what, being offensive may some times be the point of expression.
i am no more anti islamic than islam is anti western. which seems to be fairly blunt.
i hope we westerners exercise our right to be free with many more cartoons, art, writing, words, in any way we choose, because we can & if any one gets offended...........................so what.
islam needs to know islam is dam offensive to many people.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

JacKatMtn wrote
I got a little angry yesterday and posted something in frustration, I try to keep an even keel about things because it is never a good thing to spout off based on emotion. Once again I would like to apologize for my insensitive post.

After that episode yesterday, I logged off to get away from the emotions and watched a TV documentary show called Most Evil, in this episode they were tackling the subject of cults, (Manson, Jim Jones, and a Mormon cult leader [sorry I cannot remember his name]), and it appeared to me that these radical Islamists could be under the same kinds of brainwashing that occurred in those incidents.

One of the points is that the leaders of the cults prey on the followers' desire to be accepted. The cult gives them a sense of belonging to something bigger than themselves. As some members stated, most of the radicals come from poor homes, and hopeless situations.

It could just be me, but it was strikingly similar

If you get a chance to watch this episode I would recommend it.

Well I think your right that people can be brain washed by other humans and probably are, but has anyone ever considered the fact that there might be something even more sinister at play. Maybe the military or some agency has developed technology that is capable of brain washing just about anyone. If so just imagine how people could be manipulated into doing just about anything. Maybe I'm grasping at straws but it is a strong possibility. If this technology doesn't exist today, it will tomorrow and the thought of how this technology could be abused is truly scary.

www.usatoday.com... Remote control device 'controls' humans

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Pretty-potent stuff you write. Seems you only managed to leave out negative kudos toward Alqaeda, the extremist murderers doing it all for their belief of their interpretations of the Koran.

I don't see what the Pope has to do with extremist murderers blowing up innocent men, woman and children.

I plan to have a beer or ten in celebration the day Binny's sent on up. How 'bout you?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

brain washing has been in use since the dawn of religion & maybe befor that. seems to be part of human nature to control others.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

That's an interesting idea, but I personally think the explanation is simpler. Check out the links I provided in the post above. The second link. I'm more than certain it hits the spot pretty well.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Dallas wrote
I plan to have a beer or ten in celebration the day Binny's sent on up. How 'bout you?

I will gladly drink the nearest brewery dry when the day finally arrives that those lying, thieving morons, aka the Bush admin are behind bars where they can no longer do anyone any harm.
One can only live in hope.

Thanks for the link Beachcoma. I shall check it out.

Beachcoma wrote
And then you come in contact with a charismatic religious figure. He tells you stories about the afterlife (true or untrue I leave it up to you). You're thinking "My life is crap! Listening to this guy may not be such a bad idea. At least he can guide me in my preparations for the afterlife." And so you start listening to this imam. And it so happens this imam is one of the fundamental types. Whether that is by choice or whether it is because that's what this imam was taught, who can say? Now you just found religion. You become passionate about it (like all born-again people are). You hear another story about what appears to be more Western insensitivities (be it true or not, at this point it hardly matter). This further reinforces your believe in the fundamental teachings. And so you declare your vendetta against the West and all it stands for.

My point is, desperate and uneducated masses, no matter from what culture are dangerous. They are easily swayed.

I hope this gives you a better understanding of the dynamics involved.

What you say is true, people in positions of authority, whether they are religious or government always prey on the vulnerable and poor. Like Animator said there are those who seem to get a kick out of controlling others and it's always been that way and unfortunately always will be. People should have more common sense though, surely it's obvious that anyone who tries to force their beliefs or will upon you does not have your best interests at heart.
I guess some people are easily brainwashed, compared to others.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindredI will gladly drink the nearest brewery dry when the day finally arrives that those lying, thieving morons, aka the Bush admin are behind bars where they can no longer do anyone any harm.

They will NEVER be behind bars because they have done nothing wrong. It's all wishful thinking on your part. What exactly do you think they stole?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by the animator

We will be in same place as our passport pictures. They draw those pictures and make jokes about religions because they can. I am a Christian, and I will never let a drawing overcome me with anger, that is how you submit your faith to the "artist". It also shows how strong your faith is, if you can overcome humiliation, and such things than you are a good person.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Its ridiculous that Muslims are trying to force their backward laws onto countries which have developed in great steps due to their freedoms. If they don´t like the way the west does things then why don´t they go and live in a cave somewhere where there´s no "bad" influence.

I bet they wouldn´t appreciate this pic either. Well tough #!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bicnarok

its kinda funny that when islam said these pictures were offensive, well they certainly made me aware of the pictures & made the artist world famous..............................but as yet i havnt seen any tshirts or hoodys with that picture on........maybe that picture should become a tshirt print

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join