It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time, Space, God and You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Take time, take space. Take the time and the space to consider your position within them.
Take a moment to consider boundaries or the lack thereof of these concepts of chronology and distance.

Finite or infinite? For either to be finite makes little sense. If there is a boundary then something must lie beyond. You could say that space, at least, is curved but then you need to wonder ‘curved around and within what?’ and then have another direction to move in, more space to travel. Time doesn’t even have a curve being linear in it’s nature.

However, if either of these things are infinite then how can it be possible to move within them? The distance between any two points within infinity must also be infinite. We would never be able to get anywhere. In fact with infinity, there can be no within. All places and all times would be the same place and the same time. All things would be here and now.

This apparently is not the case. While I am typing this, and while you read it, time has progressed. The seconds and minutes (and, if you are a particularly slow reader, the hours) have continued their inexorable progression. You can get up, wander over to the fridge, get a drink and wander back again.

Apparently not the case, but there you have it. All places are here, all times are now. All that has happened is happening right now. All that will happen is happening right now. In fact nothing has ever happened at all

“Nuh uh” I hear you say “Lots of stuff has happened that isn’t happening right now. History is full of it!”

Well, no it isn’t. It is an illusion, albeit a very powerful one. What you think you see is not what you are really seeing. Who you think you are, is not who you really are. All things are here, all things are now, all things are You. Not you, the little you perceiving this message, but You that are all things and the only thing. The you that is perceiving itself as something separate from all other things is You viewing yourself incompletely.

It is all an illusion, but that isn’t to say that it is false, it just isn’t entirely true. It is incomplete.

So who, or what, are you? Are any of us? For want of a better word, we are all God. We are God looking at It’s own face, at It’s own reflection, dreaming that we are somehow separate from what We really are.

This thing that is God, it is everything and the only thing and You are it.

Just thought I’d share.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
actually quite like what you have just written there,,,,, thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Nicely written and it took me for a little ride. thanks for getting it our here

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by almighty bob

Interesting ideas, particularly concerning intervals of eternity. However, I would argue that that these dimenstions to not exist on an infinite continuum. Time and space are mere dimensions which constitute this universe. The universe is not only the physical space it spans and the matter within it, but also constitutes every dimension in existence.

I would argue that the end of time would occur at the natural end of the life of this universe, if we are to believe in the big-bang theory, then we would accept that existence manifests itself through cycles during which existence expands from a single point into the lenght and breadth of all possible dimensions, time being just one of those.

Time therefore does not constitute an infinite scale, it will come to an end, and thus our perceptions of our personal existence does follow objective intervals of time.

top topics

join