It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christian and other Religious groups lie?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

It was 4AM in the morning when I wrote it but it seems obvious to me so either you are misreading what I said on accident or on purpose. Either way, I guess you are out of points to discuss huh?

It's not the fact you were wrong or made a mistake. It's the fact you can't admit to it, and saying non-believers do it, when you have clearly did it yourself.

We are humans after all. There are mistakes involved....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid
It's the fact you can't admit to it,

Something about faithful belief makes it almost impossible to admit being wrong.

zerotime is 100% convinced every belief he has is 100% true - so he cannot admit ANY mistake, else that may mean other beliefs are also wrong...

Iasion

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iasion
zerotime is 100% convinced every belief he has is 100% true - so he cannot admit ANY mistake, else that may mean other beliefs are also wrong...
Iasion

There you go again. Making more stuff up to try to prove your point.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why do people create topics with a false assumption?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

How is it false? I'll give you an example.

'The Earth is in the middle of the universe'. Just because believers think man-kind is so much more special than the whole universe. You don't think that's a lie? Wait, there's more, not only that, they crucified anyone who said otherwise. How long you say? 1400 years!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This tireless, endless, pointless battle between religious and anti religious people makes me shake my head. People have been arguing, feuding, murdering and fighting as a result for thousands of years and we are no closer to a real answer now than we were 1000 years ago.

I have managed to simplify my view of religion during my brief stay on this Earth, and for me it boils down to one truth.

Religion is mans way of explaining life yes, but more so the after life...the old question "What happens when we die?" No man can possibly know with complete certainty what happens after we die (heaven, hell, nothingness, 1000 virgins?) unless he himself has been dead.

Therefore you can speculate, research, meditate, evangelize, and theorize as much as you want....a significant part of mans quest is to search, to learn, to work tirelessly to explain that which he does not yet understand.

Unfortunately one theory has no more validity or proof or substance as the next one. Religion is all man made, written by men and hence prone to error, conjecture and human spin. One religion is no more valid than any other, they are all human opinion. Were the Aztecs wrong in worshiping their sun gods? Were the Greeks wrong to pray to Zeus and Appollo? Is modern man wrong for placing his faith in Allah or Jesus or Bhuddah or any other religious figure? No...it happened to be what was most widely accepted at their time in history and within their own culture and society.

So my opinion, worship whoever or whatever you wish as it is your right to do so. But do not be so arrogant or self important as to believe that YOUR version of creation and divinity is more important or more valid than the next guy's. It is pretty much all man made, made up, unprovable B.S. And unless you have been one of the few and fortunate ones to have died and come back to life, you may as well just be honest with yourself and admit that you know nothing.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

So my opinion, worship whoever or whatever you wish as it is your right to do so. But do not be so arrogant or self important as to believe that YOUR version of creation and divinity is more important or more valid than the next guy's. It is pretty much all man made, made up, unprovable B.S. And unless you have been one of the few and fortunate ones to have died and come back to life, you may as well just be honest with yourself and admit that you know nothing.

Just my 2 cents

This is really the issues most non-believer have with Christianity the whole "you should believe, or your just dumb" Awesome reply
thanks for your input.

And Saint4God Satan's sin was pride, and I sense much pride in you.

The original reason for this thread was to discuss the Christain political groups lieing about stem cell research, or Intelligent design, or how God wants us to goto war for Israel against the Evil Muslims blah blah blah...you could just go on and on...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Look,
The bible has been more than accurate, for centuries,thank God!
The only problem is people don't read it or they try to misapply the scriptures.
It predicted the fall of Jerusalem, the diaspora and the re-gathering of Israel.
The knowledge explosion and the tribulation and MORE! (We're not in the tribulation, yet.) But, you can see where we're headed.

Egotistical, Godlessness always has a bad ending.
Non-christians, many times, don't even have a moral compass to begin with. Our higher authority, God, whom having not seen, we believe, commands us not to LIE or cheat or steal.
There are wolves in sheep's clothing, and people who make mistakes.
But, we don't stake our dependance on MAN, nor should you!
Look up and pray up! Where are you headed? Why should a holy God allow YOU into heaven? The only way is through the shed blood of Jesus(Jeshua he Messiah) to cleanse your sins away. ASK him to!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by BlackOps719

Look,
The bible has been more than accurate, for centuries,thank God!
The only problem is people don't read it or they try to misapply the scriptures.
It predicted the fall of Jerusalem, the diaspora and the re-gathering of Israel.
The knowledge explosion and the tribulation and MORE! (We're not in the tribulation, yet.) But, you can see where we're headed.

Humans made the Israel thing happen, not God, and why did they make it happen, because God said it would..

Egotistical, Godlessness always has a bad ending.
Non-christians, many times, don't even have a moral compass to begin with. Our higher authority, God, whom having not seen, we believe, commands us not to LIE or cheat or steal.

How do we know Godlessness always has a bad ending???? Has this ever occurred???
To quote your book "All have Sinned and Come short of the Glory of God"
Morals like the BTK killer?? oh I know just because of one bad apple doesn't make them all bad apples, unless your talking about one Good Moral Christian makes all Christians good and Moral.

There are wolves in sheep's clothing, and people who make mistakes.
But, we don't stake our dependance on MAN, nor should you!
Look up and pray up! Where are you headed? Why should a holy God allow YOU into heaven? The only way is through the shed blood of Jesus(Jeshua he Messiah) to cleanse your sins away. ASK him to!!!!

Yes and the wolves just might be up on the pulpit this Sunday morning.

wow I got off topic on my own thread...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

How is it false?

The thread originator failed to identify all Christian groups, let alone verify that all of them are lying. I belong to a small number of Christian groups (of which the thread originator apparently does not) that do not lie, erego the statement is false and assumptive.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

How is it false?

The thread originator failed to identify all Christian groups, let alone verify that all of them are lying. I belong to a small number of Christian groups (of which the thread originator apparently does not) that do not lie, erego the statement is false and assumptive.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by saint4God]

Are you stating you do not sin??? Are you Christ like?

pride

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Are you stating you do not sin???

Are you stating you're being ridiculous? Read what I wrote, not what you want to hear.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I saw a good video on why people lie and support what can't be true. It is one of the NWO, 9/11 truth vids but I liked it. I am not trying to divert thread to 9/11 but this guy mentions the ideas of bias and belief

They don't even realize they are self deluding themselves because of their bias and fear.

two examples of the contridictions of basic thought I liked were

The terrorist want to take away your freedom, but our own goverment did that with patriot act.

All polititions lie, followed by we trust them.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

pride

ALL sin.
Sin means to "miss" the mark or target. However, to knowingly sin, is called "backsliding".
We are called to be imitators of Christ! If we allow his spirit to indwell us, it will keep us from sinning.
The OP said Why do Christian and other groups lie? as opposed to rotary clubs and reading groups.

PEOPLE can lie, sometimes.
It's called sin and even children do it, I know, GeneralT and I have three, under the age of 10.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Clearskies you are way more patient than I am on this one. Kudos for that and God bless you for your strong hope.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I find what you consider lying is self delusion, and I am a follower of Jesus Christ. Non Christians do this same thing.

People attach a belief, a bias if you will, then find things to support it, this the backwards way to do things.

Here are some funny examples

Sir in the video please explain to me the coconut and the artichoke, I love artichokes but man are they a pain.

and ofcoarse dinosaurs on Noahs ark

If a person find proof from what they believe they can make anything comfortably true, and never have to challenge their perspective. A perspective that allows a person to do things that really are just supporting self interest. A comfortable rationalization can eliminate guilt of those who support what they know is wrong.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Thank You!
God bless you, too.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i think th reason there are so many lies in religion is simply power.
to distil fear and control of a large population they make these religions.
think about it most of the orginal laws are set by religon, and there beliefs.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

pride

ALL sin.
Sin means to "miss" the mark or target. However, to knowingly sin, is called "backsliding".
We are called to be imitators of Christ! If we allow his spirit to indwell us, it will keep us from sinning.
The OP said Why do Christian and other groups lie? as opposed to rotary clubs and reading groups.

PEOPLE can lie, sometimes.
It's called sin and even children do it, I know, GeneralT and I have three, under the age of 10.

I beg to defer, you have sinned, and you will continue to sin, it is your very nature to do so. Whether you believe and have faith or not, to believe otherwise, means you have some sort of God complex, I'm not accusing you of this. I merely state that from reading your posts and with the name you choose for yourself that I see much pride in you. Being Saved or even Born Again does not put you above your undeniable humanity. Again All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. I do want you to know one thing though, I envy you.

To be exact I said why do Christian and OTHER Religious Groups lie, meaning Islamic, basicly all organized religion. Most lie to support there positions and to control there flock. Wow we might be back on topic.

Example, I believe the pre-tribulation rapture is a lie.
I believe the young Earth Theory is a lie.

I have a 14 and 13 year old, both boys, and a 10 year old girl. According to some beliefs humans are born into sin, that it is human nature to sin. They lie. And so do you. You may never admit it, but if there is a God then he knows whats in your heart. He knows how you feel about me and others like me.....

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

man, I really don't know what to say here. Dinosaurs on the ark, wow kinda shows just How far you are willing to go in regards to your religious beliefs? I might have to add these videos to the thread. I'm trying to keep a open mind, but

[edit on 21-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join