It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Czech Crash Victim Wakes Up Speaking Perfect English? Then Forgets...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I came across this today, and found the article very bizarre.

A Czech motorcycle racer who was involved in a smash that saw another biker ride over his head came round and started speaking perfect English.

Speedway rider Matej Kus had only mastered a few basic phrases of the language at the time he was knocked off his bike during a race in the UK.

He had only mastered a few phrases, how is this possible?
Its like the brain holds all this knowledge, but it had to be unlocked in some way?

After the smash he was unconscious for 45 minutes, then came round and amazed his team-mates by asking questions in perfect English - with no trace of an accent.

Unfortunately, his new-found language skills did not last.

After the bang on the head - which split his helmet open - he lost his memory for 48 hours.

But when it returned he forgot the English he had miraculously learned.

Now back in the Czech Republic, he said through an interpreter that he wanted to earn English properly.

"Hopefully I can pick some English up so I'll be able to speak it without someone having to hit me over the head," he explained.

Earn English

In the end he had to speak through an interpreter, must be very frustrating for him.
Has anyone here had an injury that in the short term had unlocked something in their brain?
Or maybe you were lucky and got to keep this talent?

Source.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Denied]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I spoke to someone recently about this, and they said it must be complete rubbish, what do you think, is it bs?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It does sound a little unlikely, but here's an idea I had for a way it may be feasible.

Perhaps if the person had watched a lot of English TV with subtitles, and had a lot of other exposure to the English language, it may have become buried in his subconscious. Then when bumped, the normal paths may have been temporarily scrambled, allowing access to this hidden knowledge.

join