It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico Fireball

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

New Mexico Fireball!

www.spaceweather.com

On Sept 13th at approximately 3 o'clock in the morning MDT, an extremely bright fireball streaked over New Mexico, "It was terrifying," says eyewitness Susan K. Burgess. "I was stargazing outside my house near Santa Fe when the landscape started becoming very bright, as if a brilliant full moon was quickly rising from the southwest. The fireball itself [slowly moved] over the house and disintegrated with a great deal of scatter in the northwest sky."

At the Sandia National Labs in Albuquerque, a Sentinel all-sky video camera captured the fireball in flight:
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Wow, I wish I could have seen this...Sounds pretty awesome... I wonder what it really was???

There is a short movie on the link of the fireball. I don't know how to download it in..so someone please help me

Mods if this has already been posted let me know. I searched but didn't find this story on the threads

www.spaceweather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-9-2007 by wrangell76]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
that was wierd and cool wish i could of seen it i live in new mexico it kinda seemed to me like it came down and went back up but idonno

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
that was wierd and cool wish i could of seen it i live in new mexico it kinda seemed to me like it came down and went back up but idonno

I know it did seem that way.. you know did you read the part about the distant radio station transmission being picked up off of it?...weird...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
awww geez I missed it. Damn you sleep!!! I don't think I could have seen it though, I'm much further south in NM...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
awww geez I missed it. Damn you sleep!!! I don't think I could have seen it though, I'm much further south in NM...

I will have to ask my friend in New Mexico if she saw it...She is in Farmington...don't know if that was close to it...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

I think farmington is more mid-NM but... I don't pay attention, I just know how to get to Alb from here,

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
the channel 7 website in Alb. doesn't have any kind of news on it *maybe I just didnt dig far enough though*

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The video on the spaceweather site:

www.spaceweather.com...

you need Quicktime to play that, so I wasn't able to watch it

Also linked is this page:

www.heliotown.com...

Which contains this video:

www.heliotown.com...

That's an mp4 video, I was able to play that, it was pretty odd.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
wow thats amazing, It looks like a flare or a roman candle, but its waaaay too big to be one....

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bobafett

Thanks bobafett for posting that!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
ok that does it!
Now I want to MOVE to New Mexico.
Way to many 'interesting' things there to not just up and MOVE............

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
A Super Bolide, indeed!

The video makes for a wicked view! Way Cool!!

I wish I too could have seen it in the colors described by the eyewitness.

"Pure emerald green," and "those smaller pieces had all different colors--most notably red."

That description kind of reminds me of the fireball and lights mentioned in the event off the New Jersey coast on Labor Day weekend.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good thing they don't have to worry about any "medical waste" washing up on the shores in New Mexico!

Thanks for the great find, wrangell76!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Your welcome goosdawg!
Just thought it was an interesting find for sure...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Any explanation yet? Pretty crazy event! I'm sure it is just the angle of the camera but it did look like it went back up. It's late though and I'm pretty tired. I wish I could see amazing stuff like this in Arizona, I should get out more.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Wow another fireball!!! Wasnt there one not that long ago? Did they find any wreckage

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Have you guys seen this vid? - Croation meteorite July 2007. This is link to the news broadcast.

Unfortunately, its not in English

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanormalShiver

The event was recorded using a "Sentinel all-sky video camera," which incorporates a "fisheye lens with a 180 degree field."

I believe the lens would produce the illusion in the video that the object went back up when in fact it simply disappeared from view over the horizon.

Too bad the camera apparently can't capture the true colors of the object as well, that would have been awesome to behold!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenem

Yeah! Now THAT was wicked cool!!

You don't even need to understand what they're saying to appreciate the sight of that comet, I mean, the tail stretched all across the sky!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join