It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar's Retreat Raises Fear of Collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus

Pre World War 2 Germany (and all other nations) only managed to get out of the depression because of the institution of a military economy, which allowed them to take greater control of the countries economy, spending and rationing.

Patriotism helps too.

I wouldn't be surprised that in an upcoming war with China, America could find the money with Chinese bankers. You get it ..eh?

I dont think ive ever seen a chinese banker

The thing is though, that if America gets a loan from Chinese bankers and then goes to war with China, if it loses then China will easily bankrupt the US.

THAT may be the whole idea from the Chinese point of view.

Sure there are Chinese bankers; 99% of the monetary system of SE Asia is controlled by ethnic Chinese. Don't know how it is in 'Red' China, but wealth will always survive, and those who poses it will be sought, not on their lives but for their money.

i think the nations of the world are re-thinking any attachments....
economically & politically with the USA...
as the dollar drops so will our stature and status and leadership role...
we're still relying on political/military 'force' to enact our brand of Pax Americana ,
on a world drifting away from American hedgeonomy

Very true. But what people fail to understand is that to keep the peace people need to be happy.

And people are not happy when there are more and more gadgets to desire and the majority has fewer and fewer money to spend on them.

Dissatisfaction is an important key in controlling the masses.

-------

Reply to St Udio

Hedge funds are the hot way to invest and the real danger for society. If or when they shatter, everything will go down. They are the true card house of capitalism.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I believe that the Dubai deal is to inject liquidity into the NASDAQ to balance the markets a bit and bring a sense of security and well being in our economy.

Correct me is am wrong but the deal will bring liquidity.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Octavius Maxims

When we use the term China is US banker it means that they are buying our debt and this is use in turn to finance our war in the middle east and support our incredible defense budget.

We hold a trade deficit of 765 billion dollars, a 9 trillion budget deficit, US do not regulate the amount of debt that foreign countries can buy so that makes us Open for business to any country including Communist China, China holds 350 billion dollars of our debt in T-bills and up to 900 billions on bonds.

They have enough in our nation that they can influence policies, pay lobbyist in Washington and pretty much dictate if we can fight another war or not in the middle east.

Sad.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Octavius Maxims

They have enough in our nation that they can influence policies, pay lobbyist in Washington and pretty much dictate if we can fight another war or not in the middle east.

Sad.

Seems you have it backwards. We owe them the money. We have to print it to pay them. Along with our debt they also hold large amounts of actual dollars.
If you loaned money to someone with no real means to pay, who is really in control? What recourse does China really have? Destroy the dollar and throw away the trillion debt and their exporting economy? Or play along with America, which keeps their economy strong and their dollar holdings left with most of their value? If we default do you think that we will have to give them the Supreme Court building or Yellowstone park? They really have little recourse.

I think it will be best for America if the dollar becomes worthless and we have to move to a new currency backed by something, I prefer units of labor. The days of the banks screwing us would be over. It would be the start of putting the whole world on equal footing. One hour worked equals one unit of currency. World-wide. The wealthy would experience a decline in living standards, while the majority of Americans would experience an improvement.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

The problem is that corporate America is having such a good time with china that they will never allow things to become bad for them.

They are reaping the benefits of all that cheap labor and China knows that.

As this companies stars to have problems China will be there to buy them making them able to own American just like anybody else.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

And people are not happy when there are more and more gadgets to desire and the majority has fewer and fewer money to spend on them.

Dissatisfaction is an important key in controlling the masses.

ive spent a considerable time studying control and influence. Ive written a few small papers (mostly for my own benefit). Consider it this way:

A man who is controlled by fear will do something as well as he can because he fears the repurcussions of failure. He will do what you tell him.

A man who lives without fear and is happy will do what you ask just as quickly, simply becuase his motivation is fear of failure, not of the repurcussions. He will also use his mind more and suggest new answers to problems he encounters.

There is the difference.

When we use the term China is US banker it means that they are buying our debt and this is use in turn to finance our war in the middle east and support our incredible defense budget.

Oh alright, i understand.

Still...*stifles laughter* "defence" budget

Sad.

for such an industrial country America seems to lack buisness sense.

I think it will be best for America if the dollar becomes worthless and we have to move to a new currency backed by something, I prefer units of labor.

What shall you repay your national debt with, then?

The Collectors are coming, your seaching under the lounge for coins. Not a good sign.

he days of the banks screwing us would be over. It would be the start of putting the whole world on equal footing. One hour worked equals one unit of currency. World-wide. The wealthy would experience a decline in living standards, while the majority of Americans would experience an improvement.

But not all work is equal. Not all dollars are spent fairly.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My Opinion

I agree with Maximus there, not all jobs are created equal and if your a rocket

scientist then your time and energy are worth more than a fast food employee.

I'm not a big wig by any means but I sure as heck dont expect to be paid on the

same scale as a C.E.O etc.

Everybodies dissatisfied sometimes, it doesnt mean that anybodies trying to do

some kind of mind control or whatever.

And why would you want to owe money to china? The less money owed the

better becuase remember if you owe money you have to pay interest.

Well and if you dislike the system of lobbyiost etc why not support a

candidate who supports change in your vision? or close to it?

Thats my Opinion and could care less if anyone else agree's

ya'll have a great day

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a major problem that most are still blind to is the $30 Trillion in worthless Over the Counter Derivatives floating around the financial establishment. The sub prime fiasco was just the opening chapter - it's going to get much much worse. Fed (and other CB's) injecting liquidity at record rates to keep markets bouyant and to keep their rich buddies afloat a bit longer, but this is just pouring gas on the fire. Eventually it will all come tumbling down, maybe hyper inflation, maybe stagflation - either way, it's gonna get ugly for the US econ. and the dollar will BURN

"how low can ya go ..."

Buy gold and bury it at the bottom of the garden or stash it under the floor boards!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join