It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar's Retreat Raises Fear of Collapse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
i hate watching CNN but I also caught this morning that they are issuing new 5$ bills next week, it said more colorful and a change

not sure what it meant or if any pic floating online

wonder what will happen next with everything else going to #

It really just means that your 10 is only worth 5 now
. It's also another way to flood even more useless cash into the market

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My Opinion

Canadian Dollar now worth more than the U.S Dollar!!!

Pretty soon the peso will surpass the u.s dollar and Mexico will have the illegal

immigration problem (joking).

Nah I think the greenback will rebound some time in the future.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Originally posted by marg 6043
Now capitalism is control by the elites that had taken over our system of government and our nation.

They don’t care about you me or regular joe they are after themselves and screw the people.

Remember I mentioned this in the China thread the other day. They're psychopaths. Now I've dug out the info:

Those who make the most money holds the power. To create maximum profit however takes a psychopath, and thats excactly what the modern corporation is.

Using the WHO definitions for a psychopath, it requires six behavorial attitudes to be met.

1)Callous unconcern for the feelings of others
2)Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships
3)Reckless disregard for the safety of others
4)Deceitfulness: Repeated lying to and deceiving of others for profit
5)Incapacity to experience guilt
6)Failure to conform to the social norms with respect to lawful behaviors

The corporation fulfills them all. And don't forget, the psychopath diagnose is the only psychiatric ailment where the patient does not suffer. Only his surroundings does.

The observation above is not my own, but from a book: Joel Bakan "The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power".

A TV documentary has been made over it as well, a Canadian production by Mark Achbar's and Jennifer Abbott's, "The Corporation".

Why corporations can get away what they do, is because they are persons. They are NOT entities, they are the richest individuals on earth.

Comes down to the 14th amendment about equal rights, initially added to state the rights of freed slaves.

However between 1890 and 1910 307 cases were brought to the Supreme Court dealing with the 14th amendment. Out of the 307 only 19 cases were made by African Americans. The 288 came from corporate lawyers seeking "equal" rights for their corporate entities.

Of course they got them. That's the presedence.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
When it comes to the way the Canadian economy works, a strong dollar really doesnt suit the word "strong".

If our currency is worth alot, our economy suffers... we don't want our currency to surpass the US currency... we are a supplier, not a buyer.

It's not really the Canadian dollar thats doing well, it's the US dollar thats performing poorly.

If it were the CDN that was climbing, then I wouldn't be worried about our economy... but the USD collapsing means we just lost a HUGE client.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by johnsky]

Exactly why we shouldn't be worried in America. A lower dollar will increase demand for our goods,our properties and our businesses. Once the foreigners have bid all these prices up, then the dollar will get stronger realtive to their currencies, and we will buy them all back and they will lose their butts. Remember last time when Japan was buying everything? They soon went bust.

Like it or not, we are a heavily importing debtor nation. If the dollar does not crash we will never regain our independence from other nations. There may be some pain for conservative investors and those on a fixed, non inflating income and even for investors in the stock market over the short term. But no pain,no gain. We NEED the dollar even lower.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Yes I have see a few you tube documentaries quite full of information. I cover the China new war against American in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Yes I am aware of the risky benefits of a low dollar, but it can backfired before it can do some good.

Plus we don't know who are the ones causing this down fall so as to benefit from it, perhaps the north American union and the amero comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
hmmmm, ive been considering this in a few different ways (as usual)

If you will notice the US, for a long time, has been waging an economic war against the world, trying to become the dominant economic power. It has been working very well for a long time and the US has become a very rich state.

now that the US has begun to stretch its influence physically with wars in the middle east its economy is at its most vulnerable as more and more pressure is put on both the government and the military budget.

This depreciation of the dollar may actually be the other countries of the world striking back economically. Taking advantage of Americas warmongering to pull the economic rug from under their feet.

Australia, China, Russia, etc. Large powers are all increasing their economic powers by buying up US economic ventures.

An example is an Australian tolling company buying one of the US highways recently.

Recently ive been considering ways of reeling in the power of America, militarily it has a large army, a fanatical workforce and enough Explosives to render this planet uninhabitable...not a good combination.

the actions recently have been reminiscent of the rise of Nazi Germany, where nationalistic feelings reached a pitch, industry began to rise. Next they invade Poland

The only way to reel in Americas rampant nationalism and military power is through economic warfare, buying out Americas stocks, weakening its dollar and making it unable to wage war.

This is just a thought, though. Take it what you will

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Octavius Maximus

I think your hit the nail on the spot my friend, look at china, right now is to the point that our war in the middle east has been finaced by them buying our debt.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So does this have to necessarily be a bad thing?

It looks like it from the point of view of Americans, but to many people around the world America is a loose cannon that needs to be reined back.

While Americas dollar is declining the rest of the world is rising, the resources normally bought up by America are now more easily obtained allowing other nations the chance to shine. 100 candles rather than 1 bonfire.

People are saying that the world economy would suffer, i fail to see how. Granted my grasp of worldwide economics is basic, but the falling value of the US dollar will have very much of a balancing effect.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

That will be the right way of thinking about 40 or 50 year ago, when our nation was the biggest producer in the world and also was the richest.

Now, American companies being liquidated at record pace, American Manufacturing Can No Longer Compete, Treasury expects to hit debt ceiling on Oct. 1.

The series of events in our nation's economy are only going to get worst.

Right now we have change all that due to outsourcing and rather than producers have become expender's.

Our dollar can not be backed up by the our industry, our increasing debt is making our dollar worthless.

The biggest losers are us the American people as the dollar bring inflation and our pockets gets the squeezes.

So much for the holiday spending that retailers depend so much on.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus
The only way to reel in Americas rampant nationalism and military power is through economic warfare, buying out Americas stocks, weakening its dollar and making it unable to wage war.

Like marg points out it won't work today. That's the reason for America having a private enterprise system like the FED reserve to take care of it's monetary needs.

With the flick of the pen they create whatever cash is needed, and be sure they'll be more than happy to create them for war.

"Wolt Ihr den totalen Krieg?" is a shout I hear louder and louder ...again.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
US Dollar? Hang on to your socks ATS people, it's only the beginning. Things will unfold, unfortunately as we speak. Kinda snowball effect but for real in the sense of devastation among masses.

I suggest the key to the momentum level will be either Qatar, Kuwait or Saudi Arabia does the switch from USD to Euro-D. Floating anything is floating turds. I feel it has to be a declaration to Eurodollars that will crush the USA Financial Market. Hope I'm wrong.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

With the flick of the pen they create whatever cash is needed, and be sure they'll be more than happy to create them for war.

Um...how?

If they decide to print more it does nothing, just makes the dollar weaker.

Where will the money come from?

These evil private bankers many say control the world?

If their goal is to rule how will they do it by giving money to start a war which will only cost more money?

Im not going to say for sure, but the world is striking back at America, covert economic warfare. Once the US is backed into a corner economically it will be up to the government to show their hands, they can take drastic steps and totally destroy their reputation in the eyes of the people, or they can give things back to the people.

I dont see much of a bad part, really.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
this plays into the economic warfare, although I am not sure how, our debt is sold to foreign investors also...and well, our housing crash is having more extreme effects overseas than here...as far as I know, Britain's banks still haven't given into the cash printing craze every else has hoping it will stabilize things...and they are paying for that one and people are running the banks wanting their money.

sure we didn't just stick it to the world?? I mean we have all this debt in danger of defaulting, and well, some of our people have gotten rich selling it, much of it sold to foreign investors..

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Venture capital can always be found ...especially for a 'noble' course like war.

As long as someone will buy the bonds, printing more money is not a problem.

Look at post war Germany. You hardly would find a nation more broke than the defeated humiliated Reich die Kaisers. Somehow Hitler had no problems atracting the money for his war machine. It should be obvious from the lessons of present wars: War makes money. Big money.

Hitler got his money from -yes, hold on to your hat- from Jewish bankers.

I wouldn't be surprised that in an upcoming war with China, America could find the money with Chinese bankers. You get it ..eh?

This world is not run by logic, it's run by greed.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
at one time the U.S. dollar was backed by something

* Gold at Ft Knox
* then Silver
* then it was 'the revenue from Taxes'; as the USA had factories/Industries which produced things.

now, with the US work force engaged in service work,
and information collection and distribution...ther is no longer
a tangible product to seize or put a lien against to get a equal value
---so the 'promise to pay', is being recognized as no-value, Nill

* the only resource the U.S. has left is It's Nuclear Arsenal,
the ability to devestate natinos & regions with a 'shock & Awe' campaign.

i think the nations of the world are re-thinking any attachments....
economically & politically with the USA...
as the dollar drops so will our stature and status and leadership role...
we're still relying on political/military 'force' to enact our brand of Pax Americana ,
on a world drifting away from American hedgeonomy

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Dollar Falls to All-Time Low Versus Euro on Fed Rate Outlook

Sept. 22 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar fell to a record low against the euro and touched the weakest since 1976 versus the Canadian dollar on speculation the Federal Reserve will keep cutting U.S. interest rates.
[---]

Futures contracts show traders see a 72 percent chance of a quarter-percentage point cut to 4.5 percent at the Fed's next meeting on Oct. 31, up from 26 percent a week earlier.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A very pesimistic outlook. Prepare for the big dive?

What will this lead to?

Inflation running rampant like post-war Germany?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Like Udio said we have nothing to back the dollar anymore. American companies are been liquidate to the point that is nothing left.

We are living in borrowed money, we are inundating with goods that we can no even afford, but we get into more debt on credit cards so we can have them.

Just to think that our government debt is on 9.0 trillions is enough to make people scream.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
... American companies are been liquidate to the point that is nothing left.

We are living in borrowed money, we are inundating with goods that we can no even afford, but we get into more debt on credit cards so we can have them.

And that is the exact reason why States & groups of private investors
are dropping U.S. Treasuries in favor of buying into the Stock Market
Trading Floors, (at NASDAQ, London, the Nordic Exchange, also Carlyle group, etc)

see. the U.S. Treasury bonds are tied to a fixed rate--
then with inflation & the value of the dollar dropping, they see the Treasuries as a losing proposition
~ compared to ~;
the volitile markets that are guaranteed to keep getting more frenzied
as the dollar loses value comared to other currencies, and a contracting GDP.

These volitile markets are guaranteed to see increased volume
which translates as 'income' to those that own the trading floors and brokerages....and have a % ownership in investment banks

the Borse Dubai, is using a shrewd business plan, in acquiring NASDAQ
and other stock market traders, their profits will continue to increase as
the American economy proceeds to contract &/or collapse (relatively)
because of all the flustered panic of stock holders selling or trading futures in a vain attempt at salvaging some of their paper 'wealth'.

there's a lot less money to be made by holding U.S. Treasuries with all their oil revenue stash...than by putting their dollars to work in the free-enterprise system itself,
and getting a fee with each & every transaction that the panicked Americans make...
That business model, in my guesstimate, will return+20% more than what the dollar declines or deflates to as the U.S. economy declines.

(& +20% is a far site better than a 5% bond that themselves decrease in value over the life of the Treasury Bond, usually 5-10 years)

ADD:
watch & see how China acts with that Dubai strategy....
bet ya that China will start trading in their Treasury Bonds for
money o buy into banking and stocks & investment groups
over the next couple years...
they gotta be chagrined at holding so much U.S. treasury paper
that is going to show a loss in the long run !

[edit on 23-9-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Venture capital can always be found ...especially for a 'noble' course like war.

As long as someone will buy the bonds, printing more money is not a problem.

Pre World War 2 Germany (and all other nations) only managed to get out of the depression because of the institution of a military economy, which allowed them to take greater control of the countries economy, spending and rationing.

Patriotism helps too.

I wouldn't be surprised that in an upcoming war with China, America could find the money with Chinese bankers. You get it ..eh?

I dont think ive ever seen a chinese banker

The thing is though, that if America gets a loan from Chinese bankers and then goes to war with China, if it loses then China will easily bankrupt the US.

Its easy to say surrender to an enemy who is holding your guns.

* the only resource the U.S. has left is It's Nuclear Arsenal,
the ability to devestate natinos & regions with a 'shock & Awe' campaign.

And people are finally sick of it, Shock and Awe is being changed into anger and boredom.

i think the nations of the world are re-thinking any attachments....
economically & politically with the USA...
as the dollar drops so will our stature and status and leadership role...
we're still relying on political/military 'force' to enact our brand of Pax Americana ,
on a world drifting away from American hedgeonomy

Very true. But what people fail to understand is that to keep the peace people need to be happy.

Just to think that our government debt is on 9.0 trillions is enough to make people scream.

I did not know that.

How can you claim to be such an advanced country when you cannot even handle national debt?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join