It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial boy Zeno

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Its a toy.

But no ordinary toy, its a very very advanced robot. Check out their site:
www.zenosworld.com...

Here is a tiny video:
abcnews.go.com...

Zeno is coming! He has everything he needs to become your friend; he sees, hears, talks and remembers who you are. He even walks and performs amazing stunts. His face is soft like yours so he can show emotions, just like you–happy, sad, puzzled, and lots more. Operate him by himself and see a few of his antics, or let him link to your computer wirelessly so he can have complete conversations with you! Plus, if you use your computer to help Zeno connect to the internet, he can keep learning and growing smarter. He’ll even help you learn about the world around you.

I guess its going to be a hit.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The thing that impressed me was the price: $200 - $300. I guess that kind of affordable sophistication pretty much heralds the age of the robots.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No more make believe friends need apply!

And once little Zeno is on the net, does he report what little Johnny says when he tells secrets to his new friend? Who would Zeno tell about little Johnny's home life?

Remember, robots protect people, so Zeno would have to tell someone if little Johnny felt slighted by getting a tuna fish sandwich for lunch instead of his favorite kind.

Take control of the children and you will one day control the nation.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I can't wait to see the videos of that 'robot'. I made a thread a few weeks ago about the Japanese making a 'robot baby'. That looked and acted like a real baby... well it looked pretty freaky, but we are getting kind of close!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

I saw this on Sky this morning. The article here says Zeno talks - he doesn't. He didn't appear to move either. He blinked and smiled and recognises you when you walk into a room. Cute but a bit spooky.

Now if he cooked, stacked the dishwasher, cleaned the car, took out the garbage, drove the car, made your coffee - THAT is the robot I want...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady of the Lake

What! and put all of us husbands out in the cold?

I'll fight for my right to be a domestic slave!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I'm sick of those jap zombies. They are too deep into uncanny valley.
Zeno being a cartoon-ish robot, is much less scary.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
well i'd never buy this ugly fellow (okay personal opinion) I don't want a little fake human (I'd get my wife pregnant when the time comes I want a funny little person in the house
)

But if they make a real working and equally sophisticated Mr. Wonkers from Dreamfall - The Longest Journey (PC game) I'd buy one right away.

But that I guess, is a bit long off. Watilla's are pretty sophisticated and it's artificial intelligence and artificial emotions are just too good. In the game world it surpasses simulating/faking it. A Watilla would be so cool to have.

Zeno is still very impressive in it's abilities, no arguments there. I'd just prefer to have a Watilla made
R. Tornquist should talk to this company to get Watilla's made, I know for sure there a lot's of Watilla wannabe owners

[edit on 17/9/2007 by David2012]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That thing is creepy! Imagine seeing that walking around, in your dark room at night, staring at you. "I want to torture you" lol

Anyway I think something like this would in future be good for someone alone, like old person whos alone a lot, for company. But thats what cats are for?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
I'm sick of those jap zombies. They are too deep into uncanny valley.
Zeno being a cartoon-ish robot, is much less scary.

What about this Japanese Robo Hottie?

Japanese Robot Chick

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh hell no, that's not a hottie. That's just creepy. I hate dolls. If they have to create robots, just let the machines stay mechanical looking instead of human looking.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think if they worked out the kinks in the movement, to make it smoother, than it'll be creepy. Because then you wouldn't know it's a robot

It reminds me of a Futurama episode where Fry falls in love with a Robo Lucy Liu.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reminds me too much of chucky. dont think ill get one. plus it brings a good argument as to what you tell your zeno, do you tell it everything? where does the info go and why does it go there, who has access to the info you tell it? too creepy for me.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hey, Zeno looks like Chucky, the doll of Satan(TM). I am not buying one of those...it might grab a big knife and slash me while I am sleepin :-).

top topics

join