It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter Jets Over Pittsburgh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
As I was lying on my couch at around 5:00 today I heard what a I did not consider normal commercial airline traffic. Upon looking out the window, I saw three possibly F16's circling the city.

I turned on the local news and they said they were getting flooded with calls, and that this was only a drill.

I also thought that the Air Force was on a general standdown today, for safety check due to the mishandling of the two or three nuclear bombs last week...

anybody?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well they were supposed to be. I will look into this. I don't think this would be just a drill.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
On another message board today in a thread that had a posting about the stand down, someone posted this:

I live by Wright-Patterson AFB, and there were multiple C-22's taking off and landing there today, during the "stand-down". Also, there was some sort of bomber taking off, but I'm no air plane afficianado.

I take this to mean that the stand down wasn't really fully enacted.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
could have been the Air National Guard, they were not standing down.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I couldn't find anything unless it was a practice run check for a game Tuesday or a airshow.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The Steelers play at home on Sunday... could have been a practice fly over.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I moved about 15 miles west of Pittsburgh about a month ago, almost nightly I hear large planes, they sound like C-130's but its too dark to see and occasionally I hear a scream of several jets. I cant vouch for what happens during day time since I am at work but there is a major AF base here so....

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
There wasn't just 3 there were a total of nine jets that flew over. My wife was sitting in traffic at the 5 o'clock hour near downtown Pittsburgh and called me and said the were 3 fighter jets that just flew over awfully low..then all the sudden 3 more..totally different ones ina different formation..then minutes later another 3. She did notice on the last 3 she could distinctly see "orange missles under the planes" of the last group. There is a military air field close to the city possibly stopping there.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i was just talking about this in the september 14th:a day to remember? thread at about 9:50 am mountain time i was smoking a cig before school across the street when a twin rotary engine grey air force plane flew over coming from cannon AFB also there have been jets in the sky all day most appeared to be c-130's but there still up there and now its dark so i cant tell what they are but i was just asking about this cause it appeared to me cannon didnt stand down today at all

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Good point, how could have I missed that...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
That's odd cause I live in Queens,NY and was in the garage w/my father and heard this huge rumbling.I'm talking a deafening roar which just shook me to my core.I thought a jumbo jet was about to crash through the garage. i jumped off the ladder as I heard it,ran otside and saw 3 fighter jets flying extremely low and they were heading toward NYC. Must've been around the end of June beggining of July.Don't know if it means anything but keeps you on your toes.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by 19DCW71]

[edit on 20-9-2007 by 19DCW71]

new topics

top topics

join