It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear And Definitive Proof That Jesus Knew His Disciples Were Morons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is Jesus back in the day trying to explain to the hopelessly stupid(his disciples) about truth.

www.youtube.com...

Of course this is from the 1973 movie Jesus Christ Superstar, but it would make so much sense that "Jesus" would be totally frustrated with the idiots he hung around with and the state of the world he lived in.

"To conquer death you only have to die." - Jesus Christ Superstar. Probably the best quote in the movie.

edit: Don't know how to embed youtube clip
[edit on 14-9-2007 by Conundrum04]

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Conundrum04]

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I guess I will respond to myself.

So a fictional musical movie has less importance than a fictional book(the bible)?

The bible(old and new) is complete fiction! There, I said it.

Ignorance of the masses, has been used as a tool for those people who have/want power for centuries now. People are very easy to manipulate because they rely on others for information. Average people are lazy because they struggle just to fit in. It's all up to the strong to uphold balance and truth, unfortunately we are beyond that point, lest a miracle happen.

WHERE IS SUPERMAN????????!!!!!!
Or for the religious clueless. Where is your saviour?

If you don't understand quickly that you are the savior, you will suffer badly.

PS. I love responding to myself.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
How will I suffer for not believing I am my own savior?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
because your eyes would have deceived you.

if you believed in your saviour(jesus)you would be ready for anything that comes your way. you would be prepared to die because you would understand that death means nothing.

If Jesus is "truth" why do you not fight for it?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If there is no God, what does it matter if my eyes deceive me? I mean, if I am my own god, it doesn't matter if I don't see everything, it still won't change he fact that I am the be all and end all. How would having my eyes opened make me more adequately prepared for the world?

In regards to understanding that death means nothing, I agree. What is death, I mean, if anything I welcome death. Not in some dark sense, but in the sense that I will come that much closer to what I am building my life upon.

As for fighting for truth, it's something I have to do every single day. I don't know the exact statistic, but something like 65% of Christians lose faith in college. So, I guess everyday I am fighting.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Conundrum04

When he first started teaching he tried to speak plainly.. could say much more to someone of our generation... he did get frustrated thats when he switched to parables. however he never called them "idiots". perhaps you should re-read everything he said...

=================================
Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmetalfan1
If there is no God, what does it matter if my eyes deceive me?

I never said there is no god. Within the content that "christians" claim god is, then yes, he doesn't exist. The way that the vast majority of christians use god in sentences tells me they have absolutely no understanding of what they talk about.

To me God, when someone speaks the word, means truth, the source, the IT that can't be explained by talking, and eventually Love(which is extremely rare here). When "christians" begin to talk about God they put their foots in their mouths everytime. They talk as if god is a person. Now if you talk as if god is a person how can this being be almighty, alknowing?

When people pray to god, they are not praying to "him/her/whatever" at all, they are praying to something HUMAN. They pray to something they can relate to. Thus, they unknowingly pray to the people in power("satan" if you will). So metaphorically speaking, the devil is in charge because "christians" and their ilk refuse to SEE. They actually don't want to SEE IT(the truth, the it, the source, the GOD!) because they would lose that very small comfort that they have made for themselves(the self "disneylandification" if you will). These people fear thus give up their source/it/god to the powers that be. This has been going on since "civilization" was first created.

To be one with the source(god) you must be willing to lose everything. Unfortunately with all the propaganda and whatnot, people seem to think that they can work their corporate job for 60 hours a week(work for the "devil") and claim to be a "christian" because they show up to a church every sunday.

Humanity is truly pathetic.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTMASTER

When he first started teaching he tried to speak plainly.. could say much more to someone of our generation... he did get frustrated thats when he switched to parables. however he never called them "idiots". perhaps you should re-read everything he said...

I would have just figured that he would have gotten so frustrated at times that he would go on rants to himself calling them idiots and imbeciles behind their backs.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

It is strange that you bring this up because I have been struggling to let go of my christian belief system all tho my higher self my inner voice assures me its OK.

I feel a reluctance to let go of my 'security blanket' that is my christian beliefs. And I think the reason is is that I have been 'brainwashed' if you will.

But I am almost over this hill. I think what you say is the right answer. I have been thinking the same thing. something is pulling me in that direction. It makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The subject of death and rebirth through Christ actually makes sence when you do not confine it to one sentance.

When you cast of the sin of the world and are reborn with the spirit of Christ you have overcome death.

10If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.

11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

12So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh--

13for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

14For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

15For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04

Originally posted by mnmetalfan1

To me God, when someone speaks the word, means truth, the source, the IT that can't be explained by talking, and eventually Love(which is extremely rare here). When "Christians" begin to talk about God they put their foots in their mouths every time. so you are God.. to hear the billions of prayers a day to know this..?

They talk as if god is a person. Now if you talk as if god is a person how can this being be almighty, alknowing?

You are a person.. you know things..perhaps that means you don't exist.
I wouldn't keep eating cheese burgers if they didn't taste good.
I also wouldn't have kept praying all these years if God didn't answer either.
sometimes its just like science. you can't start to understand a thing by excluding possibilities then tailoring the experiment to avoid what you don't want to hear. bad science. the bad part is that both sides will accuse the other of doing exactly that. atheists might say believers exclude.. it'll go both ways all day. you can only solve it for yourself

you had it right about surrendering yourself and ego to find the ultimate answers.. so try it. i dare you.... if you have tried it. try again until you solve your own inner conflict ...

[edit on 19-9-2007 by DIRTMASTER]

[edit on 19-9-2007 by DIRTMASTER]

[edit on 9/19/07 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

And as all those Christians fail, Jesus still loves them all and will help them in his own way to let them grow and learn his love. Just as he gives us grace when you and I fail.

I do not know any Christians that pray to man, they pray to God and his son which are one in spirit.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04

Originally posted by DIRTMASTER

I would have just figured that he would have gotten so frustrated at times that he would go on rants to himself calling them idiots and imbeciles behind their backs.

generally he critiqued them to their faces.. called them liars and hypocrites and all else.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The god you speak of is false because your earthly ego plays too much here.

You seek don't you?

You desire things?

You desire a life long partner/friendship?

As long as you desire these things, you are not on a path of truth. Because LOVE is unattainable here. If god is love, we don't live in a world of god or love. So, how do you create love on this planet given the bs that exists here?

YOU DIE FOR IT!

Didn't your jesus die for love? For you?

Real and universal love can only exist when we don't want other people or other countries to drop DEAD! As long as you hate, you will forever live in fear.

Good luck cowards!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
God gives me love here in my life, it is Heaven on Earth for me,

God bless

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

If to know the truth you have to have perfect love.. then say there is no love here.. then that discounts your own ability to know the truth. so what your saying is that your are in a world with out this unattainable love and that you know nothing?

congratulations you have just taken the first step in AA and admitted that you have a problem. i have the same problem.. insufficient light and understanding. ill just push it one day at a time as a non coward.

=============================
Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
yeah great, good luck on your endeavors.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

Bravo my friend!!!

YOU GET AN A+++++++

Love is the ultimate truth/god, but it can't be attained here. So everybody is fake/false(idle to the "devil") and may or not maybe searching for this love/god/truth. It's a paradox or a conundrum
if you will. The truth/god/love is inside each and everyone of us but we live in a system that teaches us to hate. So unless you can navigate through said system with love in your heart, you will become "dead" and "wanting" just like everyone else. That's why people need their "saviour", to rescue them from their misery.

The machine is a monster today with televison and - snip -. But things will be corrected soon.

====================================
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I register your point.. i enjoy a good paradox. jesus parables were filled with them though most don't realize it. thats why his enemies never had a good response after his parables. they were always on the nasty end of paradox and were convicted in their own guilt..

I don't necessarily believe that the "fruit of tree of knowledge of good and evil" was a literal fruit. but the first paradox that tainted the mind and seperated him from the perfect state. the only way back is to emotionally and intellectually solve them. in effect jesus was trying to give us both the " questions and the answers to the test" the whole time he was here.

not just that they didn't understand lesson. but was frustrated as to why they did not understand why they needed lessons and did not get their situation.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
And as a last point:

I'm really not here to educate, that is pointless. A "jesus"(of the past) cannot exert the same amount of power it did back in the day, the "devil" is too large now. This new "jesus" would have to exert power in a forceful way to have any effect.

Discussing issues here at ATS will not change a thing. Just like some of these "debunkers" say 'what are you going to do about it!??' The answer is nothing, or they'll do a meaningless protest(which of course you can do in designated free speech zones. :@@
. You people are just a tool for those that control the system. They LAUGH at you because they don't FEAR you, which is what they were hired to do(you know, work for US/FEAR US! THE AMERICAN PEOPLE! WE EMPLOYED THEM REMEMBER!).

But of course you people don't 'get it' because we have been living in a world of ignorance and cowardice for a long time now. You love your toys and will continue to wait for someone else(your saviour) to save the world. Not going to happen!

If you are not ready to give the ultimate sacrifice for the truth then please, just give up already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join