It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car's Explosive Contents Revealed at Hearing for USF Students

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
I still say PVC is a piss-poor vessel for pipe bombs, but I'm no expert.
I still say low grade explosives encased in PVC would be about as deadly as silly putty, but hey, if you guys (and the Feds) want to fear a small quantity of low grade explosives in PVC then go right ahead.

Silly putty? I'll play a game with you if you want to. We can put both of our lifesavings in a spot only the two of us knows about. I will then tape silly putty to my head, while you tape a PVC pipe filled with low grade explosives to yours, and we will both apply heat.

The first one to the loot gets to keep it all.

Wanna play? Didn’t think so.

These dudes could have plowed their car into a group of pedestrians and caused more death and mayhem.

I seem to remember a pipe bombing in Atlanta being front page news for months. It TERRORIZED an entire city. Remember, the idea of terrorism is to cause TERROR.

Could they have gone on to do absolutely nothing? Perhaps.

No, not perhaps. They did already do something. They built a bomb and made a video about how to utilize it.

You guys want to link this to some massive plot with dark skinned men around every corner waiting to blow # up, wanting to 'take over America' and 'impose Islamic rule', and that is about as realistic as the sun getting pregnant and spitting out planets.

A: Maybe the sun does get pregnant and poop out planets. You cannot prove it doesn’t.

B: I can provide you with plenty of quotes from "dark skinned men" who want impose Islamic rule on the United States.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
No update to the appeal on one of the USF student's bail but here is an article which brings back some of the points from the intitial thread on the student's arrest in South Carolina.

Experts Say Explosives In Car Trunk Were Unlikely To Harm Naval Station

TAMPA - When two Egyptian students at the University of South Florida were charged with having explosives in their trunk, a South Carolina sheriff said the men may have targeted a nearby naval weapons station.

The article cites experts and brings up points similar to the one's our fine membership brought up when this story broke.

Here are the author's bullet lines:

Station Wasn't Compromised

Materials' Potency Challenged

YouTube Video Also Downplayed

It makes me wonder if the article's author got some of her ideas from ATS then called up a few experts.....

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A few more details surfacing and the FBI wants to search the student's vehicle which is still being held in South Carolina, these details were released in a search warrant affidavit disclosed in federal court on Tuesday.

FBI Wants USF Students' Car

TAMPA - A University of South Florida student told investigators he made a videotape about remote bomb detonation to help people in Arab countries fight invading infidels, including U.S. military forces, according to an FBI affidavit.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
****** Update************

Megahed Not Guilty

TAMPA - Nearly 20 months after he was first thrust into the national spotlight as a potential terrorist, Youssef Megahed gave a serene smile when a federal jury acquitted him this afternoon of federal explosives charges.

www2.tbo.com...

I had always felt he was a victim of "hysteria."

Did the US legal system prevail or falter?

Regards............KK

top topics

<< 1   >>

join