It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals, media, and gays need to know how this country was founded!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
DID YOU KNOW: i just switched to Geico?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

DId you know that its aginst the T&C to copy and paste text from other sites??? Not giving credit to a source for its material is plagerism!!
I didnt even see a link in the OP.. What gives?

Did you know that I found everything you said here on this webpage?

DId you know? That he ripped this from here?

Also I didnt know that "gay" people had to be reminded how this country was founded.. Whats the deal with that?? I would have left that out of the title..

[edit on 15-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Whoa, I posed a real solution to our problems earlier, and no one here so much as commented. It is just too much to read? Too much trouble? I cant believe it. Unreal. I thought this place had minds of inquiry...

Mod Edit: Please Do Not Evade The Automatic Censors -- Please Review

[edit on 16-9-2007 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

....the problem is that you're ridiculously off topic. this isn't about your conspiracy theory.

it's called the district of columbia after COLUMBUS...
it's the district because it wasn't meant to be a state, as they didn't want to give an individual state power over the federal government.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Tricksters and cheaters live and work in the 'church' establishment and outside it.
The issue is about tricksters and cheats, essentially.

Outside the church, forcing atheism down our throats would be repression. That's one meaning behind statements of freedom to practise....and live accordingly.

Of course the founding fathers founded America with Christian principles, in spite of their reservations about the 'church'. The evidence is abundant, and obvious it wasn't founded on bhuddist or Krishna or even atheist principles, what ever they may be, (because they end being illogical, to deny something exists which you can't see with human eyes!). In this context , whether atheist or not isn't a question, it's whether we are being suppressed or not.

IN general though, the rights of man are arrived at as a consequence of spiritual belief, that people are alive, and our conduct does matter, in accordance with Natural Law (gods LAw).

In a any case most atheists, convert to religion or weaker, agnosticism later in life. No one is an atheist for ever, unless there is no GOd or afterlife!

Lets not confuse 'religion' with the particular lineage (Islam etc) or with the church institution. Religion is the science of god ('recall the logos). Simple.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by redseal

What I find interesting about this post is the OP has not made a single post after his first one...Given the inflammatory content of his OP, isn't this whole post trolling on the part of the OP ?

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bolly

Nonsense! Atheists don't convert just because death is near.

That is propaganda. How many atheists do you know personally? There are tons of them on this board that will be able to tell you that the older we get, the less likely we are to fall for the god delusion -- the older one gets, the more rational we become. Unless, of course, we are already brainwashed with the mind virus known as religion.

This is a variation of the old nonsensical statement that there are no atheists in foxholes. It's a logical fallacy. Here's a site you might learn from:

Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers

A word of advice: making blanket statements about a group of people that you know nothing about is most unwise on a forum such as this.

And before you try to tell me that I know nothing about christians so what right do I have to say what I say: I used to be one, and still study Christianity out of a sense of self-preservation. Know thine enemy.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
To be fair, I really think that this thread should not have been started in the first place. As a christian, I would never go out of my way to point out the religious origins of the founding fathers of this country to anyone who does not agree with religion. Such behaviour only stirs up contempt in the hearts of nonreligious people...and it paints a very bad picture of what religion is supposed to be all about. But since we're here...

The religious imagery and lingo which is displayed in public in this country has been there since the beginning. Why everybody is getting all worked up over it now is beyond me. Especially since people of other faiths, or no faith at all, are still allowed to make their own decisions on such matters.

The militant atheists in this country are just as bad at forcing their beliefs down people's throats as all of the mouthy christians are. The problem is that people need to start worrying about their own lives rather than getting all offended and pointing their fingers everywhere.

The religious imagery that is displayed in public is there because those who founded this country put it there. But that does not change the fact that atheists, pagans, muslims, ect, are all allowed to believe as they see fit...and express their beliefs in public if they choose to do so. That is the great thing about this country...freedom of expression.

In order to create a politically correct society where nobody ever gets exposed to other's beliefs, that freedom of expression would have to be taken away from people of all faiths. Now THAT would really be a violation of the principles that his country was founded on.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Lightmare, I agree with most of your post. And I have a question:
Can you give some examples of aetheists forcing their beliefs on Christians? And please don't tell me about how aetheists want to keep prayer out of public schools, because that's not forcing beliefs on anyone, it's upholding the separation of church and state (govt. entities).
Thank you,
Forestlady

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

I would say that the biggest example of atheists forcing their beliefs on religious people is the way they try to impose a ban on all public displays of religion. From my point of view, censoring out all public displays of religion for the purpose of political correctness would equate to making atheism into somewhat of a state religion.
Thats just my point of view though. So take it for what its worth.
I would also point out that not all atheists behave in such a way. It is mostly just the ones who have a problem with christianity.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We really do need less of your type in America.

-------------------------------------
Please read this rule in the T&C's;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

also, please read

Courtesy is mandatory

and
ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

[edit on 16/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Did you know?

That plagiarism is stealing and violates one of the 10 Commandments?

Did you know?

That the word "liberal" as in "liberal democrat" has nothing to do with anti-religion, homosexuality or the media. It was originally used to refer to the liberal spending policies of the democratic party. It has been twisted by homo-phobics, fanatical fundamentalists, and the GOP for the intent to throw the democratic party in the light of morally void?

Did you know?

That if I had one wish today your baiting and offensively titled thread with a lot of stolen horse-crap in the OP would get trashed? Because it really serves no purpose accept to act as your own personal pulpit.

*wishes on a star*

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
Why everybody is getting all worked up over it now is beyond me. Especially since people of other faiths, or no faith at all, are still allowed to make their own decisions on such matters.

I'll tell you why. Because we're coming up on another election year. Last time it was trying to strike "the fear of God" in every church-goer in the country over the fact that two men might get married. Like that would cause the whole country to automatically go to hell in a handbasket.

Pay attention to the political abuse of religion. In the past 10 years we have had more religion/state mixing than possibly any other time in history. All for the purpose of fearing the religious citizens of the country into voting to "save the country" from some falsely presented scenario of us collectively losing favor with God.

Separation of church and state completely disappears in an election ramp-up.

[edit on 9-16-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

I have never had an atheist force his beliefs on me but I have had plenty of idiotic funnymentalists who think that just because i don't subscribe to their version of "The Truth" that I need saving and then set about trying to do it whether I want them to or not.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

It is true that religious fundamentalists of any kind will try to "save" you by making a convert out of you. That is what makes them fundamentalists in the first place...the belief that they are saved and that you are not if you do not believe the way that they do. Its nothing new, and its not just christians either. There are other types of religious fundamentalism in the world as well.
But in this country, you have the right either listen respectfully or tell them to get lost as you see fit. Its your right to choose.

As far as atheists pushing their beliefs down peoples throats, I would refer you back to what I said about the attempts by atheistic extremists that try to remove the freedom that religious people have to express their beliefs in public.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Its not an attempt to remove it from public places... its all over the place, try living in the south... its an attempt to remove it from official governemental and government sanctioned places.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
reply to post by redseal

What I find interesting about this post is the OP has not made a single post after his first one...Given the inflammatory content of his OP, isn't this whole post trolling on the part of the OP ?

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Peace

No not trolling sorry, I was just gone this weekend.
I dont sit around my computer all day long....sorry!

And I did forget to mention that I got this in an email, im not trying to state these as my original ideas!

And also Im not trying to convert any of you in any way, shape, or form!!

America is a nation of christians, not a christian nation...

Thats the point, we were founded on christian beliefs!! And I think those are good ones to follow, be it religious or not!

So sorry to all you who dont have lives outside of ats, and I couldnt respond quicker, but alas I had 2 little girls and a wife that needed tending to before this little post on ats!!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

I'm not sure what you mean by atheism becoming the state "religion." If everything worked the way that it should the government would seem atheist. The government itself not being connected in any way shape or form to religion does not mean that the members of said government have to be atheist, just that they have to remember that religion has no place in the government.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Bunson]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Time for a new tack, I think.

Let me ask the Christian apologists in this thread this question:

you want the ten commandments posted in public places. OK, then, which version?

First, you have your choice between the Protestant, Catholic and Hebrew versions.

And then, of course, you have the two sets of tablets, in Exodus 20 and Exodus 34.

They're all listed here.

So there is a choice of FIVE versions to post. Or do we have to pay to post them all?

If you guys get to post YOUR ten commandments, then you have to post FSM's version, whatever passes for commandments among the Sub Genii, and the relevant commands in ALL religions in this country.

Do you see where the problem is? Your religion -- your FAITH -- is a BELIEF. It has no place in public property.

I don't care what the people at the courthouse who file people's divorce papers believe and worship (IN PRIVATE). I just don't want to hear about it while I'm doing my legal business.

Here's an idea: If you can post the ten commandments in my local city hall, then I can post the Eight I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts in your church, at your own personal expense. Deal?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
As Devils Advocate MM I would also put forth that atheism is also a belief. No human REALLY knows until the afterlife. If there is one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join